Category Archives: House Fires

Energy supplier denies blame for house fire – The Age

Victoria’s largest electricity supplier has denied responsibility for a switchboard fire at a house in Melbourne’s north, despite paying thousands of dollars in compensation. Citipower says it is not to blame for a fire at a Northcote share house this … Continue reading

Posted in House Fires, Smart Meter | Tagged , , , , , , | 36 Comments

Northcote fire questions safety of smart meters – Emergency Services

A FAMILY’S narrow escape from a Northcote house fire prompted a Darebin officer to raise concerns about smart meter installation. Christmas St resident Sophie Tzirozidis hailed her 12-year-old son a hero after he ran to the front of their house, … Continue reading

Posted in Fire, House Fires, Smart Meter | Tagged , , | 8 Comments

Smart meter linked to house fire | Geelong

GEELONG firefighters are investigating a midday blaze which ripped through the front end of a Moorabool St house today. CFA crews arrived just after noon to find the Moorabool St house well alight. Police were also called to redirect traffic … Continue reading

Posted in Fire, House Fires, Smart Meter | Tagged , , | 5 Comments

Power puzzle in Moreland – Moreland Leader

MYSTERY surrounds the continued failure of smart meters across Moreland. Electricity providers confirmed they have now replaced 38 vandalised meters – all but five in Moreland – that forensic tests found were sprayed with household chemicals. Police began investigating in … Continue reading

Posted in Blowing up, explosions, Fire, House Fires, Jemena, Smart Meter | Tagged , , , , , , , | 4 Comments

Time for Premier Baillieu to order distribution companies to halt smart meter rollout

Victorian Premier Ted Baillieu must order electricity distribution companies to call an immediate halt to the smart meter rollout following recent explosions ETU Victorian State Secretary Dean Mighell said today. “A series of recent explosions involving the distribution company Jemena … Continue reading

Posted in Blowing up, Dean Mighell, ETU, explosions, Fire, House Fires, Premier Ted Baillieu, Safety, Smart Meter | Tagged , , , , , | 1 Comment

Exploding Smart Meters

Posted by: 3AW Radio | 29 February, 2012 – 10:44 AM Dean Mighell, State Secretary of the Electrical Trades Union, has told Neil Mitchell there is ‘absolutely’ the potential for Jemena smart meters to cause house fires. These claims arise … Continue reading

Posted in 3AW, Blowing up, explosions, Fire, House Fires, Jemena, Safety | Tagged , , , , , | Leave a comment

I will live in fear and never be able to leave my home!

Hey guys..I have no horror story..yet…but…I had occasion today to contact my billing company and it came up about smart meters and that I do not want one. I told the guy on the phone that I had put my … Continue reading

Posted in Fire, health risks, House Fires, hypersensitivity (EHS), Microwave, Radiation, Share your story., Smart Meter, Tell us your story | Tagged , , , | 3 Comments