Digital [smart] meters not so smart | Star Dandenong

CITY of Greater Dandenong is planning to refuse smart meters on council property, with one councillor questioning whether they’re “an electrical form of asbestos”.

Residents concerned about the health impacts of the digital meters have contacted several councillors asking for help to stop their installation.

In response, at the 10 December council meeting Paperbark Ward representative Peter Brown moved that the council oppose installation in its buildings and investigate their rights under the law to “opt out” of the program.

“Council is going to provide leadership in this matter,” he said.

Read more via Digital meters not so smart | Star Dandenong | Star News Group Local News, Sport, Entertainment.

This entry was posted in Smart Meter and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Digital [smart] meters not so smart | Star Dandenong

1. John Wilson says:

we are told that smart meters will not be forced on the publc.
    What nonsene is the government and the power suppliers trying to kid us about.

My daughter has refused to have it installed, yet a couple of days ago she received a letter from PowerCor complaining she had not removed the vegetation to allow the installers to come in and fit a smart meter.
    1 I had personally cut down the tree that had the power lines running through it. Not only for safety sake but because she and members of the family suffered asthma from it. So that allegation was not true.
    2 I told her that she needs to write and confirm again (power-cor and staff appear to be intellectually challenged as they have problems understanding direction and orders.
    I said she needs to warn them that they will be charged with trespassing, intimidation and harassment among many other potential criminal charges.
    3 There are at least 5 potential crimes the private corporations are committing to try and force the public to accept the installation. There are many other issues I could add.
    4 It is important that the governments are not government. The people are the government and parliaments are their servant to carry out the Mandate and will of the people. Unfortunately the political factions have registered corporations and high jacked the people’s government and using admiralty/corporate law to try and take away your rights. It will happen if you do not start taking action for a return of the people’s government.
    5 Perhaps using class action to lay charges on politicians for misinformation, etc. may be a starting point to wake them up to who employs them

John I had the same problem in a different way – They “estimated” my last electricity account – read by Power Cor because my box was Locked and they couldn’t gain access. However it was easily readable as I have a perspex cut-out and my analogue meter is sitting there safe and sound and out of reach of the installers. I read it 2 days before it is due to be read – one the day and two days after. The “estimated account” was so close it was ridiculous. I rang Energy Aust (my supplier) and they told me it was not worth doing another account. They also told me I can do this for 1year only then I have to make an appt. with Power Cor so they can come and read my meter while I am there…It is so bloody ridiculous it is not funny – at a cost of around $32.90. It’s worth that amount for me to keep my analogue meter. I will never open my box to Power Cor full stop……………
      Cheers Pam 🙂

2. Fiona says:

I am so impressed that there are conscious people on the Dandenong Council, willing to not just listen to the people but to hear and take the appropriate action. What a role model for others!!! What a role model for perhaps…………..politicians?!

At lease our Councils are behind us. “an electricical form of Asbestos” sums it up completely. Was the motion “that the council oppose
    installation in its buildings and investigate their rights under the law to “opt out” of the program” carried??? If so, look forward to the results of the investigsation. Thanks SSMA for keeping us up-to-date. Cheers Pam 🙂

4. 1vimana1 says:

Great News Star Dandenong,
    Yes from bitter experiences by many of my friends and acquaintences having had these Dangerous and oft times Incendiary devices foisted upon them, many people are suffering all sorts of ailments, from Tinnitus or ringing in the ears to aches in the body, to chronic sleeplessnes, to lack of concentration doing even simple tasks etc.

Apart from the very worrying aspects above, fires have been breaking out in many Victorian peoples’ Electric Meter boxes. Damage to computers and or printers and or other private electrical goods is often happening after these idiotic Smart Meters have been installed on many Victorians’ properties. The only way to avoid these problems is to Padlock your Electric Meter boxes with an Industrial Padlock as I have been forced to do in order to stop your Safe and Passive Analogue from being stolen.

5. Nina Meiers says:

Great News!!! I have locked up my meter box and will not allow this on my property. I am happy to heare this.. THANK YOU Peter Brown. I am super impressed that someone has stood up to this!! It’s still an ongoing battle but I’ll remember the names of those who objected to this option after reading the article.