Smart meters too costly – 6PR Radio Interiew Perth

Economic experts are calling the federal government’s push for smart metering the wrong move for consumers. Paul Murray spoke to Danny Price from Frontier Economics Australia who says the required investment for smart meters in Australia may not justify the cost.

Listen to the interview via Smart meters too costly.

This entry was posted in Smart Meter and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Smart meters too costly – 6PR Radio Interiew Perth

I have just watched “The Forum” held back on 25/11 and would like to Congratulate SSMA and all involved. Yep I shed a few tears for the two victims of these bloody things. There are many more victims out there including two very good friends I have made through this Website and they know who they are. I pray that by the end of 2013 ALL SMART METERS will be removed and replaced with safe analogue meters. I have Grandchildren and Great Grandchildren and I worry myself sick about the future Health of these five children. SMART METERS are a silent killer, there is no doubt about it. We all have to work together and get rid of them as soon as possible – Our Future depends on this. Go to your papers and get “Your Story” printed………………….I would like to Wish all of you a Very Happy Christmas and a Safe New Year in 2013 ……..WE MUST KEEP UP THE FIGHT – NEVER GIVE UP……………………PAM 🙂

2. Linda says:

Moderators: I cannot begin to tell you how good it feels to be wrong! I do indeed “read/list on a chart/compare”.
    I had not entered the bill for the 6th month on my chart-and thus calculated usage covering two bills!
    The relieve is immense….however, one thing is very simple to observe with this method of listing bills; usuage readings have gone up dramatically with the so-called smart meter. Not costs;-we all know they have escalated; ‘calculated’ usage has risen when calculated by this wretched thing.

What an appalling bullying society we have when we are coerced into accepting this extortion box.
    How disgusting is the propaganda we are fed as to its merits.

3. Linda says:

1) My smart meter was installed earlier this year with absolutely no information given that it was NOT compulsory. 2) Since privatization (SA) I have been reading my own meters-and comparing it with the meter readers-if I can catch them! 3) Today my meter was read,-I concur with the reading…….BUT it is showing over double of even my highest previous reading!

They are ‘smart’ meters alright! The allegation in the USA has been that irrespective of the health issues-these meters have ‘read’ high usage, thus bills have been MUCH higher.
    I read/list on a chart/compare from one year to the next. This is entirely different to rising prices; this is to do with that ‘Smart Meter’.

How can you prove it? They check and say nothing is wrong. HOW can you prove that it IS wrong?

I will short circuit (no damn pun intended) this. If what I see is correct-this bill will not be paid-my power will be cut off. I have also requested that the meter be removed…….

Who do you contact?-our politicians are on their incessant and long break; WHO?
    I am a senior and face power being cut off at approximately the end of January; the hottest part of the year.
    I will see my Doctor about the potential for heat stress-and go as public as I can.
    I am so damned angry! I’m angry about the ‘Big Brother’ aspect of this installation-and the fact that I can do nothing about it.

I know what I face as a result.
    That bill WILL NOT be paid.

Linda – the only advice I can give you is GO TO YOUR LOCAL PAPER and let the rest of your Community know how you feel (they probably feel the same). There is nothing Smart about SMART METERS. Be careful touching the bloody thing. Good Luck in getting it removed. ……………….Let us all know how you get on….Merry Christmas ……… Pam 🙂

• Melbourne Mum says:

Hi Linda, you have every right to be angry – more people should be! They are trying to control the masses with their Big Brother surveillance/radiation weapons and that is not so far-fetched of an idea as we are all under attack whether we are aware of it or not… in one way or another, even our children. So that’s what we are fighting for and we wont stop until they get out of our lives.

Melbourne today and look out if they install a bloody Smart Meter while I am absent. Cheers Pam 🙂

The interview told us what we already know. NO SMART METER FOR ME ——-End of Story Cheers everyone Pam 🙂