Jemena in Denial

Update to: Information session with Jemena 15th March

At a smart meter information session in Pascoe Vale South, Jemena claimed:
People are not getting sick from the radiation emitted from smart meters, despite documented medical certificates and the increasing number on people in Victoria suffering and being affected by smart meters.
And astonishingly, Jemena claimed “electro-hypersensitivity does not exist” despite the medical evidence and the fact countries like Sweden and Canada recognise this condition as a disability!
One wonders what world Jemena lives in and if they are members of the flat earth society!
Interestingly, Jemena was lost for words when it was pointed out that due to health issues, the UK Government is now planning to make smart meters voluntary and that PG&E, one of America’s largest Power companies, has made smart meters optional in California because of health issues!
Related articles:
This entry was posted in electromagnetic hypersensitivity (EHS), hypersensitivity (EHS), Jemena and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Jemena in Denial

1. Di Bell says:

HI Lindsay, thank you for sharing your story. My journey over the last 12 months has had some similarities with your story. I also work from home,and I couldn’t work out why everytime I worked in my office I had a short focus span, couldn’t think clearly and would all of a sudden think “I HAVE to sleep” and would put my head down on the desk and immediately fall asleep. My daughter called in one day to find me slumped forward on my desk and thought the worst. I had also been having serious intermittent problems with my heart which was diagnosed after much investigation as 2 electrical problems. I realised that I had a problem in the office so I started to work elsewhere in the house as, and like you, I had all the mod cons DECT phones with 3 cordless handsets, wireless broadband, the globes we had to have to save the planet, etc. Why not have these as they are all promoted to make our lives easier and we can work and communicate from everywhere with them and not have cords running all over the place.
    Believe it or not, I am thankful to Powercor for sending me my “notification to install a smartmeter” last May, as it triggered me into action, initially because I was against the “centralised control” of my power at the flick of a switch,I was really ignorant of all the other aspects as like the rest of Victoria, we had been told no real facts about smart meters in the letter we received or in any other form of information sent out. With access to the internet I madly started searching, and within a few days, I was awakened, and now have answers to so many things like why I couldn’t work in my office. I cannot believe that the people we have elected in to Govern our State,both the previous Labour Government and the current LNP Government can stand up and tell us that Smart Meters are safe on any level at all. For Govt Ministers and Officials and Power Companies to still be quoting the outdated ARPANSA levels which do not even address the areas many of us are concerned with, is libelous.
    I like you have made many changes, no more hand free phones, I leave my mobile in my bag or in a place well away from me and when I use it (I have reduced my use as well) I use a Moshi Moshi retro handset to keep it away from my head, removal of wireless broadband, hardly ever use the microwave and if I do, I set it going and leave the room, to name a few. I have purchased an electrosmog meter so that I can check readings.
    I have been keeping a journal on when my heart plays up and have only this week discovered that I have only once had any issues this week, and the only difference was that I was at home for the majority of the week – So now I’m thinking that I may have more of a problem with (EHS) -Electro-Hypersensitivity than I first thought and I am now considering delaying the proposed heart surgery to de sensitise my heart to the electrical pulses. Time to invest in a vest to shield me first I think,as I believe it will take a long time for us to have people believe what you and I and many others have found about the “dangers we cannot SEE” in our environment now, that have huge implications and the potential to totally change how people live their lives.
    My advice to others who are not themselves, listen to your bodies, take note of what is around you and keep a journal. I hope that sharing my story will also help others as I had so many medical visits re the “HAD to sleep” – as it points to Thyroid, sleep apnoea etc.

2. Rise Like Lions! says:

My experience at the Jemena smart meter information session in Pascoe Vale South has just served to harden my resolve to keep fighting the roll out.

I too pointed to the growing body of scientific/medical evidence that clearly shows adverse health affects from exposure to EMF. All they could respond with was the mantra: “There is no evidence”, “The meters comply with Australian standards”.

The problem is that smart meters comply with an outdated set of standards which need to be revised to take into consideration the non thermal effects of EMF.

‘Rise like Lions after slumber In unvanquishable number –
    Shake your chains to earth like dew which in sleep had fallen on you –
    Ye are many – they are few.’ – Percy Shelley

3. Terry says:

I know what play book these people use.

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”
    Joseph Goebbels.

“A lie told often enough becomes truth”
    Vladimir Lenin.

4. Lindsay Smith says:

This is the introductory chapter of my investigations into Smartmeters which is a work in progress and I hope to publish the entire article shortly.

I have based my investigations on two statements.
    1) History tells us that any decision that any government suddenly decides is mandatory should be viewed with suspicion by the people.
    2) The feeling of pain is the way the body tells us that something is wrong.

It its best that I start by telling you of my background experiences with my health and radio frequencies.
    For years I was the same as so many today who wanted the and latest and best most convenient gadgetry in my home and office. I am self-employed and I work much of day and evenings from my home office so this meant that over the years I accumulated a wireless modem, wireless keyboard and mouse on both computers in my office, two wireless DECT telephone bases that ran a total of five DECT handsets, plus Bluetooth sending phones and printers. Top this off with me keeping a 3G digital phone nearby almost 24 hours a day. As a good global citizen well before they were issued free to all homes I paid the $18.00 each for those economical curly compact fluorescent lights wherever possible.
    I was working wireless techno heaven and while saving the planet!!
    The problem was, I was gradually becoming dead to the world with tiredness and could not figure out why. I struggled with this for years and began to notice that I was having more and more headaches until I came to the point where I my head was aching 24 hours a day. The pains would occur in every area of my head and even my jaw where they felt like an oncoming tooth abscess but when I went for a check-up my dentist gave me the wall clear. My medical records will testify that I had all manner of scans and even rhinoplasty (surgery to have my nose bones chiselled out) to clear the airways when I slept which was suspected of being the cause of my headaches.
    To make matters worse when I woke every morning it was as though I had never slept at all.
    I would struggle to get out of bed by 10 am and felt I could EASILY sleep all day every day.
    When driving alone I would fall asleep at the wheel of the car and not to risk things my kids will testify that “when dad had to sleep he HAD to sleep”, even if we were mid journey, late for school or whatever.
    At the peak of all this I was taking off the shelf painkillers to ease my head. The concoction I found worked the best was 1 paracetamol 1 brufen and 1 aspirin taken simultaneously every 3 hours minimum and this went on continuously month after month. I was referred to a ridiculous specialist dentist who prescribed antidepressant painkillers that incapacitated me for days until I refused to go back to him.
    Mentally, I was a wreck with very low attention spans, and while I felt I could think ok, when I spoke I realised that I was having trouble expressing sentences with logical continuity especially when I spoke at business meetings under stress.

Then one day as I was driving out in the country I came around the side if a sizable hill and felt some short sharp headache impulses. The enemy had just given itself because the bursts of pain were identical to the “handshake” pulses you sometimes hear when you place a mobile phone near a landline phone or speaker system. My phone was switching transmission cells as it came into line of sight of a closer tower and my head had reacted to the signal. I drove back and watched my phone as I rounded the hill, changing in the exact same spot. I began to search the internet and found numerous articles on radio frequency sensitivity.
    Testing this theory was easy and cheap compared to the medical bills.
    I disconnected the DECT’s, disabled the wireless, turned off my bluetooths, installed all wired computer appendages , swapped the curly light globes for halogen ones….. and …. UREKA…over the next few days clarity became mine again!
    I felt the degree of headache pain begin to drop away almost within a week and the sleep symptoms died away more gradually and a year or so to today I find I am still getting better and clearer in thought. Even now each morning I still marvel to myself about how I seem to wake early in the morning with what seems like instant 110% alertness and an attitude ready to take on the day.

Many months after I eliminated the source of the problem from my home we stayed at a resort where the compact fluorescent light globes were installed in the bedside reading lamps. I lay down to do a Sudoku and within 20 minutes I had a splitting headache AGAIN. Not only are these lights a radiation problem, they are also an environmental health hazard because of the mercury they contain but that’s yet another of the Government’s mandatory mistakes issues that will eventually come to light. (Pun intended )

I thank you for taking the time to read this and I will update stopsmartmeters with the next chapter shortly.

• Eco-Friendly says:

Lindsay,

thank you so much for sharing your experience with us all. What you have gone through for the sake of technology, my experiences are similar but worse.

I found out far too late and I have had a brain tumour removed and as a result suffer from (EHS) -Electro-Hypersensitivity. More persons are starting to research now and network globally and share mitigation strategies to try to repair their immune systems.

I very much look forward to reading the next chapter of your experience.

Thanks again for sharing, and I wish you the best 🙂

5. Butterfly says:

What a croc of s#%! Live in the real world JEMENA.