A new documentary from Russian media company RT looks at the problems faced by people who are electrosensitive.

Synopsis:

Although these people are sick, their illness is difficult to diagnose, and they find it hard to convince others that it actually exists. Their symptoms include cluster headaches, nausea, chronic fatigue, a burning sensation on the skin, and a metallic taste in the mouth. Sufferers claim the cause is wireless technology. There’s no known cure, and the only way to alleviate the symptoms seems to be to distance themselves from electronic devices and the influence of omnipresent wireless networks.

Electrosensitive people insist that Wi-Fi and mobile phones are inflicting constant harm on humans, animals, and nature. Their testimonies are not the only evidence that non-ionising radiation is as harmless as we have been led to believe. Scientific studies that have been conducted on plants, insects, and mice suggest these electromagnetic waves are damaging living organisms. Scientists from around the world have appealed to the UN, warning of the negative, long-term effects that electromagnetic fields could be having on animal and plant life.

At the moment, electrosensitive people have no choice but to flee to the woods or distant rural areas where wireless technology hasn’t yet reached. This often means leaving their families behind. Such sanctuaries are not easy to find, however, and they are becoming scarcer by the day. Sufferers warn that they are just the first to have detected the problem, which they expect to get worse and affect more and more people. Their message is not to stop progress, but to proceed with caution, making sure new technology is really safe before it is made widely available.

Watch Wi-Fi Refugees. Nowhere to run: Electrosensitive people try to escape wireless technology at https://rtd.rt.com/films/wi-fi-refugees/

This entry was posted in electromagnetic hypersensitivity (EHS) and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Wi-Fi Refugees. Nowhere to run: Electrosensitive people try to escape wireless technology

1. anonymous says:

I loved the skit in the documentary depicting electromagnetic waves …it was hilarious.

2. dana says:

The wireless technology certainly affects me. I feel stabbing pains, pain in my bones, pain in my spine and pain and crawling sensations in my feet. It is not right that people have to suffer 24/7 for the sake of other people’s phone calls, especially when these devices could have been made to work at much lower emission levels. I feel that the new mobile phones are much worse for causing symptoms. This may be because they use more frequencies. Perhaps someone else can tell me if they find the newer phones worse than the old ones also?

• TOM WHITNEY says:

Mobile phone systems include a technical feature called Adaptive Power Control (APC). This feature ensures that both base stations and handheld devices operate at the lowest possible emissions level that will maintain a viable communications link. And, each new generation of handheld phones has a lower power output than the previous. The first analogue (1G) phones were 3 watt devices – and the current digital (4G) phones have an output of 250 milliwatts. So, perhaps your increasing symptoms are not due to increased emissions. Furthermore, there is no CREDIBLE evidence that exposures below the maximum permitted exposure cause any adverse health effects to humans. Perhaps you should look elsewhere for appropriate professional help to address your concerns.

• dana says:

I live in a house clad in metal which picks up microwaves. As I experience excruciating pain when people make calls around me it is fairly obvious what is causing the pain so there is no need to seek elsewhere for a cause to such a blatant symptom. Perhaps you have trouble accepting the truth because you are too close to the mobile phone industry. I have considered the advice of professionals, such as microwave expert Barrie Trower, and they say mobile phones are not safe. Even if average power is reduced in newer generation phones the peaks and frequencies being used can still be a problem. Consider smart meters, the average power emitted is not very high because the radiation only occurs in bursts but the peaks are very high i.e. the average over time may not be high but the instantaneous emissions are.
        In any case, I maintain that the newer phones are much worse on a biological level. When a friend of mine arrived at my house, I could feel crawling sensations from quite a distance and when I told him this he then told me that he had a new phone. That never happened with the older phones.

• sdjm says:

Dana, don’t waste your time with this kind of numb skull – they will never “get it’ and just want to make out like there isn’t a problem, mostly because they have already fried what brains they may have once had and know that they are actually the one in need of some “professional” help. He should waste no time in getting some in my opinion.

• Dan says:

What more credible evidence could there be than people coming forward and reporting ill effects ?

You are the sort of person that would place these people into basket case categories in order to justify your way of thinking.

• A Brooks says:

Tom, are you living under a rock?? There is a very large body of scientific evidence showing that non-thermal RF causes many different biological effects.

Numerous studies show damage to DNA. This can lead to brain tumours. Israel’s Ministry of Health reported that their findings have “clearly indicated a link between cellphone use for more than 10 years and the development of tumors in the salivary glands, particularly among people who held the telephone on the same side where the tumor developed and individuals in the highest category of exposure (heavy use in rural areas).”

Many other bio-effects have also been demonstrated. These include effects on cardiac function as well as the endocrine system. Perhaps you should have a look at this interview with Martin Pall, PhD, for more information https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAqmT9KJBC8

Your trolling comments aimed at creating doubt follow the same game plan that the tobacco industry undertook for many years. It may be decades before the full impact of manmade EMF is realised. By then, it may be too late for our species.

• smart meter sufferer says:

Tom, I am wondering what you regard as credible evidence. Is it something that corporate funded scientists come up with? There is much evidence from unbiased, independent scientists that indicates that exposure to RF radiation, such that is emitted from mobile phones, mobile phone towers and smart meters does have biological affects on humans.
        That aside, while all the so called experts are arguing real people ARE suffering: I have never been able to use a mobile phone as it always felt like a force field was hitting me & it would give me a pounding headache. That was long before I knew anything about non-ionising radiation.
        The new smart phones are much worse. I cannot travel in a car with a mobile phone turned on, or have a smart phone in my home as just being near it is enough to give me severe head pressure.
        Six years ago I had to give up my teaching career as I could not tolerate the wi-fi that had been introduced into the classrooms.
        I have had to move out of a house because the smart meter was making me sick.
        I feel nausea and head pressure when near mobile phone towers. I cannot stand in a room with a microwave oven turned on. This causes my vision to distort and gives me a headache. I am living this nightmare every day, so please don’t be condescending to imply that this is something that I might need ” professional” help for. I have been diagnosed as EHS by 2 medical practitioners.
        I have met many other people who are also suffering from EHS.
        EHS is recognised as a functional impairment in Sweden and the Austrian Medical Association has guidelines on the diagnosing and treatment of EHS.
        What we need in Australia is the same consideration.

• sdjm says:

Tom Whitney just WHO do you think you are?? Troll

• Disabled (by wireless devices) Pensioner says:

Dana, I also find that each new generation of mobile phone technology impacts my health more. I noticed it when we went from 3G to 4G, and then from 4G to 4GX. It is making it difficult for me to participate in society when I cannot avoid other people’s mobile phones. And now I’m also having to contend with smart watches as well. I haven’t yet figured out to what extent they are affecting my health. When the area is full of mobile phones, how do I isolate the effects of smart watches?

A lot of healthy people had heart attacks, some even dying, when Telstra upgraded from 4G to 4GX.