Petition to restrict installation of 5G antennas

Please sign this petition to restrict the flexibility of telecommunications carriers in Australia to install 5G antennas wherever they prefer.

Petition Reason
This petition of certain citizens of Australia draws the attention of the House to the issue of Telecommunications Carriers, having the flexibility (subject to community consultation) under the current Telecommunications’ Act 1997, to install mobile phone base stations in pure residential locations on existing Telegraph or power poles, with no set specified distance of separation from residential homes. State Planning laws classify this as Exempt Development, Local Councils have no approval role here and the visual impact of residents, and the health and well-being interests of local communities are not respected by Carriers and are largely ignored.
Petition Request
We therefore ask the House to ensure that Telecommunications Carriers are not able to install mobile phone base stations on existing telegraph or power poles in residential areas, without Local Council approval. This can be achieved by Amending Schedule 3 and the Telecommunications (Low-Impact Facilities) Determination, of the Telecommunications Act (1997) – both of which will close this loophole.

This entry was posted in 5G and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Petition to restrict installation of 5G antennas

1. celia says:

I couldn’t get the link to work but I sincerely hope for everyones health that the Government will consider the poor people who suffer health problems and be considerate about where they place the new towers – health concern is a prudent move and strategy for everything

2. Tanya says:

I’m using Firefox and it worked (a little slowly) for me.

3. Hugh says:

Don’t forget to click on the link that is sent to your email address in order to conform your signature.

4. smart meter sufferer says:

Just tried it and it takes about 20 seconds to load.

5. Iva says:

Couldnt get the link to the petition to work….

6. fiona says:

I get a flashing blue circle too 😦 Would love to sign it if it can be sorted.

7. J W says:

When I go to the link to sign the petition I can’t find where to sign – it’s just a confusing, half paled-out page with various petitions mentioned but I can’t find any reference to the one in question. Maybe other people are having the same problem?

On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 2:51 PM, Stop Smart Meters Australia wrote:

> Stop Smart Meters Australia posted: “Please sign this petition to restrict > the flexibility of telecommunications carriers in Australia to install 5 G > antennas where ever they prefer. Petition Reason This petition of certain > citizens of Australia draws the attention of the House to the i” >

• Let's Get Real about RF says:

Worked perfectly for me. (And I just tried it again, and it’s still working! The blue flashing light just took a couple of seconds to clear). I’m using Chrome as my browser. Maybe the parliamentary website can only be accessed by some internet browsers??

8. Deanna Cooper says:

I went to the link and it is stuck a blue circle keeps flashing and I cannot access it?

9. Alanna Moore says:

Couldnt get the link to the petition to work….

thanks for your excellent work,

Alanan Moore