Success: The end of “smart” meters in Port Angeles, Washington

After relentless pressure from the people and a cascade of related problems, the City of Port Angeles has terminated their “smart” meter program.

If you have seen “Take Back Your Power”, you know me as the one who created the darkfield images of blood samples from three different people before and after a two-minute exposure to the smart meter installed at my office.
Recall the damaging effect of the smart meter exposure on the blood cell membranes. It was a very visual example of the dangerous emissions that I was exposed to continuously for several years.

I am now pleased to say that my smart meter has been removed now that the installation program has been scrapped, thanks to the efforts of many of our local awake and informed group.

How the local “smart” meter program was ended

After more than 120 attended the first “Take Back Your Power” showing at our local library, there was an outcry against smart meters at the next Port Angeles City Council meeting.

What was the key? Persistence. It took a little over a year for us to get this goal accomplished.
Beyond the power of the film itself, we also had help from the fact that the smart meters never really worked properly in the first place. In spite of all this, the Smart Meter Project Manager, Phil Lusk, was committed to pushing forward anyway. In the end, the Port Angeles City Council took charge and voted to eliminate the project.

Free removal of “smart” electric and water meters

One of the great aspects of the final outcome is the fact that everyone now gets to decide individually on the type of utility meter they prefer. The city as agreed to work with those who wish to keep or restore their analog meters. Additionally, this agreement also includes the water meters.

I want to thank Producer/Director Josh Del Sol for his commitment to the creation this amazing award-winning film. I am pleased and proud to have played a small role in the film, showing the degradation of the blood from just a short exposure to smart meter emissions. It was a great blessing to have worked with you, Josh!
-Frank Springob, DC

Via: http://www.takebackyourpower.net/news/2014/11/07/the-end-of-smart-meters-in-port-angeles-washington/

This entry was posted in Smart Meter and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Success: The end of “smart” meters in Port Angeles, Washington

1. Paul R says:

I thought this was an interesting Podcast relating to smart meter truth

2. Happy Dissenter says:

Hi All, I have just completed my duty early voting ( since I’ll be doing HTV cards on the day). In my Upper House vote, “PPV” was to the far right of the ballot paper, 3rd or 4th from the last on the list.

3. Paul R says:

I hate to be the bearer of the sad truth but this is a very small victory that may not even impact that full problem that festers within society: The blight of wifi.
    The companies and goverments are finding other ways of blanketing us with wifi whether covert or not. Low level satellites with continuous wifi covering entire nations, other ‘smart devices’ within our homes with transmitters inside without our knowledge, and converting payphones into base stations are just the tip of the iceberg. The big victory here with the removal of the meters is basically psychological. We may or may not experience more in the future.
    I still think that we should always fight these thoughtless clowns with every inch we can, though. I mean FIGHT TILL OUR LAST BREATH and die kicking and screaming, so to speak.
    It’s important to understand the reality of these sorts of situations, though. We have a history of oppression, cruelty and savagery are that history will not likely change over night. And even if we get rid of wifi all together completely from the world, there is always something rotten going on in the world that we turn a blind eye to.
    to sum up:

Victory = Yay!

Reality = We need to keep fighting every damn day

• Minnie says:

I agree Paul this is a small victory but it is a good victory. This of course does not solve our problem in Victoria but at least it shows people that they can do something. Maybe we needed this to wake up to what is really happening in our world.
      If they hadn’t tried to force smart meters on my family I would of not found out how dangerous mobile phones and other devices are. Because of smart meters, my children are now also aware of the dangers of mobile phones and other devices.
      Lets hope karma comes back to bite them.

4. Minnie says:

So much money was spent trying to prop up the myth that smart meters are safe and can save you money. I can’t understand why the AER asked for submissions that are now on public record.Some of these submissions are quite damaging. It must of been the “smart people” that thought of asking for submissions that are now on public record for everyone to read.
    Luckily we have so many smart people. If they had not passed the amendment for manual meter reading fees then we wouldn’t of had the opportunity to get the information on public record. I am baffled. WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT THIS INFORMATION ON PUBLIC RECORD?

Has anyonne heard back from these people?

“Electromagnetic Radiation Health Complaints Register
    ARPANSA is a Commonwealth agency responsible for protecting the health and safety of people, and the environment, from the harmful effects of radiation. ARPANSA has been tasked with collecting information about health concerns in relation to exposures from electromagnetic fields. ARPANSA invites individuals to report any symptoms, which are believed to result from exposure to electromagnetic fields………….Please note that it is not possible for ARPANSA to seek to resolve individual complaints.”
    In March ’14, I returned my questionairre form suggesting they enquire whether the chain of pulses radiated by the zigbee mesh transmissions from my smart meter contained pulse groups at a rate of 1-2 per second which might interfere with the alpha or beta waves occurring at the same rate in my brain.
    I gave references to a USA patent claiming effects were achieved among some people who were watching TV at the time No response as yet, hopefully this blood report will doo better. (Some of us had no choice-think renters and owners under torrens title.)
    Rob G

• Minnie says:

I have a receipt from ARPANSA acknowledging my health complaint. This was over a year ago. I also have numerous letters which are full of opinions and hearsay I also have a letter advising me to lodge a health complaint, which is pretty stupid considering i already have and they should know this before replying to my letters.
      ARPANSA have never, to the best of my knowledge, tried to phone me in regards to my health complaint even though they were given my phone number. and even though they are supposed to call you if you give them permission.

• Minnie says:

Anonymous, don’t expect a reply anytime soon. I think after sending many emails to many departments and receiving no response ,that its quite possible that a gag order is in place. There is an election coming up and those submissions to the AER have probably caused some damage.
      I received a reply from an expert from another state in regards to Non Ionizing Radiation. I did not tell this expert that i lived in Victoria in the first letter i did in the second. I also mentioned smart meters in the second letter. Guess what, he did not respond to the second letter. This has happened quite a few times to me. These experts don’t want to read or hear certain words, like cancer, smart meters, evidence or health problems. They hope you will just go away.
      These people are experts they should be able to re butt everything i say. Of course you can’t argue with facts and truth, something they don’t have.

• christine says:

I posted mine off today, my complaint being, shocking readings on my RF EMF meter on the inside bedroom wall the smart meter is on, after i put foil, then gal steel sheet on that wall still high readings, i went to a friends house, (we have old wooden meter box, old house) my friend has new house, and metal meter box, with his meter box door open, very hight readings of rf, with the door shut, very minimal reading. I had to take a day off work the day the smart meter was installed, for access, i asked the meter man questions not once did he even hint at the fact if we installed a metal box we would have less emissions. Surely the power provider/meter owner must have some duty of care to disclose this information. I filled in the complaint form for ARPANSA, and am still waiting for customer resolutions from United Energy to call me back……………..I am in on any actions we can do collectively to try to outlaw compulsory smart meters, and thanks to everyone involved in this site, I really appreciate all the efforts put in so far, THANK YOU ALL

This is great news and contrasts sharply with the line pushed by government and industry spin doctors that ‘smart meters are INEVITABLE, so what’s the point of fighting it’. If enough people are prepared to act, NOTHING has to be INEVITABLE.
    Unfortunately, the case with asbestos shows that Australia will be one of the last to act, and Australians will suffer as a result.
    Here in Victoria, we have suffered the most, but we now have a real chance on the 29th of November to turn things around by voting for PEOPLE POWER VICTORIA-NO SMART METERS.
    As it says on their website, it’s TIME TO RECLAIM OUR STATE!

• Minnie says:

They want us to think that it is inevitable. This type of thinking then turns into despair, you give up and can’t see the point of fighting them any more. This is a psychological game. It always has been. The threats, harassment and intimidation are all part of psychological warfare designed to cripple the mind.
      If the mind is crippled then the body will also weaken, along with the spirit eventually.
      The opposite of despair is hope. Hope is what keeps us alive. Hope makes us fight for things we believe in. Hope is what has led to many people locking their meter boxes and saying no.
      These sort of psychological games are played out in real wars. Both sides release information hoping to throw the enemy off. The hunter eventually becomes the hunted.

7. Alex Wise says:

Great news! Thank you, Frank, for your important work, too. That blood video is one of the most powerful aspects of “Take Back Your Power.” I think it hits people so strongly because of the shocking nature of the shape and actions of the blood cells after being exposed to the “smart” meter emissions, and we can all relate because, without healthy blood, your life won’t be very pleasant! Here’s a link so people can see that amazing video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4JDEspdx58.

8. Minnie says:

Finally some good news. Now it is our turn in Victoria to stop smart meters once and for all, and hopefully bring those to justice that have caused harm.

9. Paul says:

Congratulations to the people of The City of Port Angeles. We in Victoria, Australia can only hope for such an outcome, as we are under the grip of bloody-minded power companies and a likewise state government, with the only ‘light at the end of the tunnel’ being a forthcoming election on the 29th November when our Stop Smart Meter party may achieve enough seats to halt this insanity.

10. health2u2 says:

This is great news as the independent scientists are saying the EMF radiation smart meters emit often throws people over the edge and cause electromagnetic hypersensitivity. See what the experts are saying at http://EMFsummit.com

11. Alison says:

That is such great news! There are so many health, privacy, safety, and financial issues with Smart meters. The independent scientists are saying the EMF radiation they emit often throws people over the edge and creates electromagnetic hypersensitivity. See what the experts have to say at http://EMFsummit.com

12. Lord says:

Well that says it all!…send this to the state government and remind them of the repercussions of ignoring the health effects of these stupid ‘smart’ meters.