Stop Smart Meters Australia – Join us!!

Membership form and details can be found at: https://stopsmartmeters.com.au/membership/

This entry was posted in Smart Meter and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Stop Smart Meters Australia – Join us!!

1. Steve Gee says:

I am reading here to see if there is any assistance available? My latest spin is from POWERCORP
    Yes they will supply an outside antenna, but at my cost – inspection and fitting $500 plus

The person who called said that once the extension period was over all of the people holding out will have a large extra bill of several hundred dollars for the contractors to come back.

Who is the solicitor acting in this matter who do I contact and has anyone done anything to stop the progress?

I suspect in the end they will coerce us by charging us.

Its all very well to send letters and post signs, it hasn’t stopped the phone calls.

Can anyone tell me the next move.

• Steve g says:

addition went to EWOV Top 10 Smart Meter Case Issues

Of the 1,229 Smart Meter cases received in this reporting period, 1,863 issues were registered , the majority of which were about billing (61%). A further 19% involved issues about the provision of supply and 9% involved customer service issues.

There are no open cases about supply and fit smart meters?? WHy NOT?

There is a comment outside of their juristiction

Steve Gee, “for the contactors to come back”………to do WHAT ???

As far as I’m concerned they can stay away. Is there something that Powercor is not telling you here ?

• Freedom Rules says:

No Steve G, that is a load of rubbish! If you didn’t already know – we are ALL paying for these dumb meters from as far back as 2010 through our service to property charges they continually extort from householders. The trick is to not play ball with them, do not speak with them by phone and tell them to leave your property when they arrive. They have a fight on their hands and they know that.

• Childers says:

I would rather pay more money to be safe and secure than live with the constant anxiety of having a smart meter on my premises knowing there is the possibility that I might one day be diagnosed with a brain tumor as a result of the constant long term exposure to the regular pulsing of wireless communications going through my house. And I can well do without symptoms such as headaches, nausea, dizziness and tinnitus which many are suffering presently.

Many of us have been making our stand valiantly on this important issue for a long time. I hope we can all see that there is much more at stake here than a mere monetary sum. I hope that nobody allows themselves to be coerced into anything and certainly not for “several hundred dollars” sum.

• Freedom Rules says:

Yes, only some of these symptoms I have are caused by the neighbours meter which is 5 or 6 metres from my property. Not having a smart meter on ones own house doesn’t mean you are not directly affected by surrounding homes meters…the emissions are that strong, nothing like mobile phones, etc as they claim.

• Steve says:

Freedom Rules, I personally believe the issue is not so much the power density (although power density does have a significant role to play – a mobile phones signal next to one’s head is certainly far more powerful than a smart meter 6 meters away) but more to do with the pulse modulation pattern, the amount of information being sent in the short bursts and the frequency of communication (not to be confused with the frequency of the signals operation).
          Our RF standards only consider the transmission frequency (Hz) and power density. There is no real consideration for the complex modulation patterns that are used, which I indicated in another post are not compatible with human internal cellular processes. The effects we are experiencing are non thermal in nature and not fully acknowledged by our half baked RF standards. These effects are also non linear in nature and because they do not appear to make sense they are not considered by ARPANSA. I guess this is what can be expected when scientists who have degrees in physics and/or electrical engineering are developing the standards. There is no consideration for biological effects.

2. Gwen 's says:

We are going to join….Can someone tell me re Direct Debit..Can we send the $20-00 from any Bank ?..I have printed out some Joining Leaflets..to give to friends & Relatives who dont have a computer… We received a letter from SPAusnet at end of April ..Opened it, photocopied contents…. Put on envelope…Return To Sender…NO SMART METERS..Haven’t heard from them since !!!. Thanks ..Pam..Hope all’s well..

Gwen – SSMA will let you know where to send Dollars. I am going to join too after this op. Will be in touch with you before end of week. Hamilton tomorrow. Good idea “return to sender” we should all do that Ha Ha!!!!!……………..Cheers Pam 🙂

• Gwen 's says:

Pam..we went to the C’wealth Bank today..they put one of the lot of numbers into the Computer & found that we had to pay the $20-00 through the Bendigo Bank to join SSMA….We are now paid members….Sent the joining forms down to the address in Carnegie….Hope all goes well with your Op…Regards…….Gwen & Ian ..

3. TM says:

I’m very stressed by the arguments back n’ forth with United Energy regards installing a Smart Meter this month on my property. It will have serious consequences on our family’s health. Also, I’ve posted a “Danger, potential asbestos present” sign on our (locked) meter box, as our home is over 70 years old. They now have a ‘Duty of Care’ to their employees & my family if attempting any work.

TM -Keep your box locked and all SSMA signs up and a perspex cut-out so your analogue meter man can read your analogue meter. The “No Tresspass sign – the one with the huge fine” should deter the mongrels. (all available on this website). GOOD LUCK PAM

• evilc says:

Also take photographs of your signs, meter box, padlocks etc, if possible take a video as well. Place a sign stateing you have videoed and photographed all signs and meter box, if possible get a Statutory Declaration signed, and let them know.
        As long as you informed them and keep telling them, you have your ‘No Trespass sign’ up, they know they cannot enter.
        If you want a copy of Statutory Declaration I will send you one, contact me at evilc45 at gmail dot com

• 1vimana1 says:

Hi TM,
      Good move on your part here. As these United Energy Goons don’t give a Rat’s Arse about you their Electricity Customer’s health or welfare. I can’t see them giving a Rat’s Arse about their Employees Health or Medical Welfare either.

4. 1vimana1 says:

Remember,
    Unity is STRENGTH.

5. Em says:

“I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.” said Mother Teresa. If you agree to the SSMA Mission Statement, why not help spread the ripples by participating and informing those who don’t have access to this Webpage!

6. T.R.Fulton says:

Remember the old adage…”United we stand, divided we fall”. Join now show these useless politicians and Foreign power companies that we have a voice and will speak in strength.
    Terry

7. Freddie says:

This is GREAT NEWS! Let’s unite and be a force for good.
    I’m joining right now.
    Spread the word!

Will get around to it when I get over this hipop …Pam

9. 1vimana1 says:

Dear Readers,
    If you are not yet a member of SSMA, please do join us as it will definitely be to your advantage.

10. Wendy Rice says:

Hi there

I joined at the last meeting!

Wendy Rice

• 1vimana1 says:

Great news Wendy,
      Pleas get as many people to join as possible.

• 1vimana1 says:

Great news Wendy,
      I have been a member of SSMA for over a year now. Please try and get as many friends and acquaintances to join SSMA as you possibly can and then they can spread the Good Word of UNITY is STRENGTH to fight off the Evil foreign owned Electric Power Companies and this Nefarious Victorian Government who will stop at nothing to win their Despotic Way.