Letter of the week!

Stop Smart Meters Australia receives copies of numerous letters addressed to power distributors from people who are refusing installation of smart meters. We thought this letter deserves sharing…….

The letter was sent to us with this introduction:

“We and our neighbours have received letters saying they will notify us when the smart meter install is supposed to happen. We and our neighbours are telling them what we think (see our letter below).  We have had to protect our properties, and our neighbours are all determined not to have a smart meter.

This  whole campaign is now going to take the form of defending our health which is unbelievable in a democratic country.  A friend who was recently verbally bullied via a phone call from a power distributor was proof of whats happening in a so called democracy when we have to defend the rights of our families.”

Letter Sep 2012

This entry was posted in Smart Meter and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Letter of the week!

1. noreen harrison says:

We were out one afternoon, got back, was a notice in letterbox stating a smartmeter had been installed. I have had ringing in my ears and other complaints after I have been on leave fron work for a few weeks. I thought it may be due to the smart meter. I took a look in the electricity meter box, there is a large hole in the wall where they have pulled the wires through to connect it. so they installed the monster while we were out, then damaged our property. We may as well be a communist country with the Government telling us what we can and cannot do.

Noreen – Register any Health issues on the SSMA HEALTH REGISTER – Scroll down to Health Issues on Right hand side of this reply. It is Private and Confidential. Did you have your box locked???? Your ringing in the ears would porobably be caused by the darn Smart Meter. Go and see your Doctor – take some recent Posts from this website and get him to do a Certificate for you – you are probably suffering the effects of EMR……..GOOD LUCK ………PAM 🙂

• 1vimana1 says:

No Noreen,
      Fight these SODS all the way as now well over 90,000 and lots more of us are doing, see latest letters on this site for details.

Cheers,
      Richard L.

2. Terry ash says:

The letter is very well written, and will use it to let my electrical provider know that i refuse any contractor entering my property to fit a smart meter. I have already taken action and locked my utility box.

3. Gwen says:

Excellent letter. Thank you for posting it I received a second text message from Powercor
    asking me to contact them. This is my first response to their request. I was told that because I have refused to have a smart meter installed, then my name will be placed on a refusal list that will be given to the Government so that they will be able to deal with us. I asked what the likely outcome would be and was told my power could be disconnected. I asked if this could be put in writing and the representative said she would see what she could do because she couldn’t speak for the Government. I asked if she knew how many people had refused the smart meter and she said only a handful. I said that was a small number for the whole State of Victoria. I finally got her to revise the number to about 100 people. She said that this number only represented Powercor customers and that they supplied central Melbourne and the Western District. Previously I have contacted my local rep for the State Government. The response did not answer my question regarding the consequences for refusing the commands of the overseas power companies to have the meters installed. He also was not aware that the installers were not qualified electricians who have been tinkering with our power supply. Powercor did admit that they were not Electricians who installed the meters.
    It is almost a week since I spoke with Powercor and I am still waiting for their response regarding the consequences of refusing to have my life and that of my family put in danger.
    I wish there was a way that we could know how many of us (rebels, renegades, or is it just sensible and concerned) are out there.
    All the very best to everyone in the fight for your health and safety and that of your family. 🙂

• Melbourne Mum says:

Sensible and care about our health, security, freedom, democracy. We are against bullying and social injustice of any kind. We know we are right to question a world ‘gone wrong’ and a lazy, incompetant government who do not serve the people well and who have lost the plot… We are the wide awake in Society, making a stand for future generations. Keep pressing for the truth and keep up the good fight, Gwen – Good on You!

Gwen – Hang in there – they will not reply to you. Yep it would be good to know how may of us are afffected and who have refused Smart Meters. My neighbour who has a smart meter – her power went out last night at about 6pm. She rang Power Cor and they said the were closed for the day and to ring this morning. She did and they said her supplier (AGL) said her A/c hadn’t been paid and they had disconnected her power. No letter of disconnection – no phone call – just a “flick of the switch” from God knows where. She had paid her account back in September, so someone got it terribly wrong. A man turned up at about 6pm tonite and put her power back on. She is really angry and I don’t blame her. Again we WILL WIN THIS BATTLE only a matter of time. Jo’s Story really opened my eyes. Just wonder how many other installers have been affected. Pam 🙂

Gwen – Article posted now – Hang in there. Cheers Pam 🙂

• 1vimana1 says:

Dear Gwen And Other Readers,
      Here is a copy of the $10,000,000….Ten Million Dollar Notice of Prohibition of Undue Harassment or Coercion For Smart Meter Installation. You can also find it using Google under…………….Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (CTH) Vol. 3, Ch. 4, PT> 4-1 ,Div. 5 Sec. 168; I will add the whole thing here for your examination and to send on to your friends. This should smack these greedy money hungry and careless people who don’t Give A Stuff about our Health and welfare right between the eyes. Make sure you fill out the Responsible Power Company and other details asked for in this Notice of Prohibition Of Undue Harassment or Coercion For Smart Meter Installation. Here it is under the dotted line.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

(DATE)

(INSERT OWN NAME)

(ADDRESS)

(Insert name and address of Power Distributor)

NOTICE OF PROHIBITION OF UNDUE HARASSMENT OR COERCION FOR SMART METER INSTALLATION

This notice is provided to _________________________________________________________

(Insert Power distributor name and ACN no of letter you and any persons,

entities, received)

Employees, associates, corporations, sub-contractors and agents of the fore mentioned (herein referred to as Your Company).

Notice to agent is notice to principal.

Note: This notice is provided in addition and following a NOTICE OF PROHIBITION FOR

SMART METER INSTALLATION (date of your first letter) and NOTICE Your Company’s

INTENTION TO DISHONOUR AND VIOLATE PROHIBITION FOR SMART METER

INSTALLATION NOTICE (date of your letter received from Power Distributor after) served on Your Company.

Your Company is prohibited and forbidden from communication in any manner, with the intent to solicit for the installation of a “smart meter” or meter containing wireless communication function(s) at the following (service) address: (Insert your address).

Such an act is herein referred to as a PROHIBITED ACT.

I have lawful and legal standing and claim of right to make such a demand.

Any PROHIBITED ACT will be considered an act of undue harassment or coercion with the supply or possible supply of goods or services as defined by the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (CTH) Vol. 3, Ch. 4, PT> 4-1, Div. 5 Sec. 168; such an offence carries a penalty of $10,000,000. If Your Company is in any way directed by the Government (State of Victoria) and State of Victoria Corporation to perform such an offence, the Government and individual members are liable under tort may in addition be held vicariously liable.

Any PROHIBITED ACT remains prohibited unless I provide a NOTICE OF CESSATION OF PROHIBITION explicitly annulling this notice, or following a sale of property and change of property title holder for the property in question.

A copy of this notice will also be provided for their records to (via regular mail):

1. Customer Relations, DPI,

2. Minister Michael O’Brien, Government in the State of Victoria.

If a response to this notice containing any dispute of facts or CLAIM OF RIGHT based on lawful claim of right is not received within fourteen days from Your Company, it shall be fact that you accept as fact this notice and facts contained within, and will honour this notice; such requiring no further action on your behalf.

Sincerely,

_______________ ______________________ ___________________

(Your SIGNATURE) ( Witness to your Signature) (Print Witnesses name)

Gwen says:
      October 15, 2012 at 10:30 am

4. Rob Guy says:

I also thought that ESV were derelict in their duty to oversee safe provision of electrical service but a reading of the Order in Council now leads me to think that they did the job with one arm tied behind their bacl, The reasons are complex, but essentially the ESC licences did not give ESV the unfettered freedom to monitor contractor and sub-contractor risk management functions. Read clause 14.

• 1vimana1 says:

Congratulations Letter of the week 2012,
      You sum it all up so succinctly, This letter of yours is the Iron Fist in the Velvet Glove.
      This is the type of letter every C.E.O plus the so called Human Relations Department Heads and their minions of every Foreign Owned Victorian Electricity company, as well as every Electricity Power Company world-wide needs to read, including all of the Smart Meter Contraced Installer Men, and their bosses. This same letter needs to be sent to Mr Michael O’Brien the Minister for Power here in Victoria as well by Registered Post.
      To make it even more effective add at the the following to every one of these SNEAKY PEOPLE………..the following as I have done.

SHOULD I FIND THAT A SMART METER HAS BEEN INSTALLED ON MY PROPERTY IN MY ABSENCE AND AGAINST MY WILL AND BETTER JUDGEMENT AND AGAINST MY CLEAR WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS TO YOUR COMPANY’S CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER AND CONTRARY TO THE VICTORIAN CHARTER OF HUMAN RIGHT 2006 AND AGAINST THE WORLD CHARTER OF HUMAN RIGHTS. I SHALL JOIN THE COMMON CLASS ACTION TO SUE NOT ONLY THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER OF THE FOREIGN OWNED VICTORIAN ELECTRICAL POWER COMPANY WHO FORCED A DEADLY MICROWAVE SMART METER ON MY PROPERTY, BUT I SHALL ALSO SUE THE SMART METER AGENCY COMPANY AND THE SMART METER INSTALLER MAN AS WELL FOR $10,000,000:00 UNDER MY LEGAL RIGHT IN COMMON LAW FOR HARASSMENT, PLUS. THE CHIEF EXECUTIVER OFFICER OF THE FOREIGN OWNED VICTORIAN ELECTRICAL POWER COMPANY WHO FORCED A DEADLY MICROWAVE SMART METER ON MY PROPERTY. I SHALL ASO SUE THE SMART METER AGENCY COMPANY AND THE SMART METER INSTALLER MAN AS WELL FOR $10,000,000:00 UNDER MY LEGAL RIGHT IN COMMON LAW.

5. W. French says:

I am running as a candidate for the City of Kingston Central Ward Council elections

I want to stand behind the right of my residents to protect their health, privacy, property and security and say no to the forced imposition of Smart Meters upon us. Any complusive force by Government is abhorrent to me and l want to stand up for your democratic rights.

Please see my website on http://www.wandziafrench.wordpress.com

If you are a resident of Parkdale, Mentone, Mordialloc and parts of Cheltenham and Braeside Victoria l ask you to consider me as your candidate.

This is one of many issues l want to take on in Council.

Wandzia French

Wandzia – Thank You – I don’t live in your area but am pleased you are going to help our Cause. I can not understand why Govt. (O’Brien and Bailleau) are being so pig-headed and trying to force these dangerous devices into our homes. Writing to them is useless, because they in most cases never reply and if they do it is all negative. They need to face the people these darn things are affecting and then they may realise why we are fighting so hard for our Health, Safety, Privacy and Security. Good Luck and I hope you are Elected…..Cheers Pam (Warrnambool) 🙂

• Cedar Wilde says:

I can’t understand how our government and power companies can ignore the health concerns of so many people who are suffering from these devices. Do they think that people are just moving house or sleeping in their cars or taking some other precautions just for fun or because they don’t have anything better to do? Personally I don’t know anyone who wold take the time to fight “Smart” meters unless they felt driven to do so. We are all too busy nowadays to take on an unnecessary battle. The health problems are real. I spent a few hours at my son’s house on Sunday and all the way home and the next day I felt as though my brain was burning. I have had similar symptoms (though not so extreme) from using wireless computing and I avoid it now and stick to wired computers. The “smart” meter idea is the worst one they could come up with.

6. Urban User says:

Fantastic, great letter, going to use it on these &^%+%! xx’s this week!

• 1vimana1 says:

Dear Urban User,
      Capital Idea of yours, get your friends and aquaintantenes to do the same by your dropping them an email showing them Letter Sept 2012 Letter of the week. This would be the most Christian Deed you or anyone could do to beat these people. Don’t forget the $10,000,000:00 Legal Victorian Fine. I posted all of you care of the Stop Smart Meters site some months ago which was found by an aquaintance of mine very knowlegeble about the due process of law. Here are the details…….of the Legal Form……….

( Date )
      Insert your own name and address

This notice is provided to …………………………………………………………………………………….
      (Insert Power distributer name and ACN on of letters and any persons, entities, received)
      Employees, assiciated, corporation, sub-contractors and agents of the fore mentioned
      ( (herein referred to as Your Company).
      Notice to agent is notice to principal.
      Note: This notice is providedin addition and following a NOTICE OF PROHIBITION FOR SMART METERS INSTALLATION (date of your first letter) and NOTICE Your Company’s I

Great – but they won’t take any notice of it, because they have a job to do lol (to use their “best endeavours”) to get a bloody Smart Meter Installed at your properties. I too have a Doctors Certificate. hopefully exempting me from having one of these “monsters”. My Solicitor writing to them to put me on the ‘REFUSAL LIST”. In the meantime MY BOX STAYS LOCKED, MY SIGNS DISPLAYED and if they enter my property I will call the Police……………….
    p.s – We are a strong group and they must be pulling their hair out with their “best endeavours” – We are a jump ahead of them and have been for ages…………………….Good Luck. Cheers Pam 🙂