Australian pre-launch screening of Take Back Your Power

TakeBackPowerPosterMay2013B

Take Back Your Power is an eye-opening documentary which investigates the “smart” meter program currently being implemented worldwide by most of the major utility companies. These devices are being installed often without the consent – and sometimes against the protests – of property owners. The film uncovers alarming issues about health, privacy, property rights, corporate fraud, and vulnerability issues inherent in the “smart” grid.

This entry was posted in Smart Meter and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

56 Responses to Australian pre-launch screening of Take Back Your Power

1. John Wilson says:

Keep up the good fight. It is going to be pretty long. It is time we took back our law and our land.
    One of the things we should consider is to call a meeting with all of the would be politicians for the next election. anyone who does not turn up does not get a vote. the rest are asked whether they intend to work for us (the real government and whether they understand that parliament is/will be our servant. If they tell you they work for the factions then they don’t get a vote.
    Preferential voting should be banned as the constitution says only one vote.. Preferential voting is an extra vote and also waters down your choice to favour the political factions.
    I am sick and tired of those political biased and intellectually challenged people who think they know more than we do. A good example was when the Victorian Premier Napthine when confronted by people who wanted mandatory fluoridation stopped and replied he supported it and “He was a scientist” Scientist! nonsense. He is basically a horse doctor that has been too long out of the profession without updating his skills. If he is a scientist ask him for information on peer reviewed research he has done, Doubt there is any. Based on his performance as a servant of the people he probably was not the best veterinarian professional

• free spirit says:

The Doctor title is a bit rich for Napthine – He supports SM’s, he supports flouridation (poisoning) of our water, he supports jumps racing – cruel, and duck hunting – barbaric. He is no scientist, that’s for sure and has NO compassion whatsoever for animals or humans… disgraceful premier for Victoria and the worst kind of politician, one who doesn’t listen to his constituents…not very smart, eh. I do agree with you John, and most would – big changes are needed. Politicians live in a fantasy land, and we live in the real world, of corporate greed and slavery… that must end. The conversation isn’t over and hope prevails.

Can someone please let me know how the Meeting went yesterday and was it Videoed????? Cheers Pam 🙂 How many turned up?

Spoke with a Gas Meter Reader this morning. She said she comes across many many STOP SMART METER SIGNS in Warrnambool whilst she is doing her job,which is pleasing.Looking forward to Outcome of Saturdays Forum. Bet there will be some “Spies” attending also lol. Will it be Videoed like last Saturdays March??? Have a good weekend everyone……………Cheers Pam 🙂

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE LET US KNOW HOW THE MAY DAY MEETING WENT. DIDN ‘T SEE ANYTHING ON TELLY ABOUT IT???? anxious to hear how many turned up . Thanks Pam 🙂 Was it recorded??????

• Steve says:

Pam, I was there and I believe the turn out was at least as twice as many as last year. Someone did take video and mentioned it would be posted on youtube. There were some inspirational speakers and I expect a post will be made in the next few days or so.

• keith says:

Interesting that I found no publicity whatsoever about the stopsmartmeter marchers on May day. This was extremely disappointing. The press, and television and radio, seem not to be interested.

Keith – Video on “Forum” Yes it was disappointing the press didn’t get involved, but Sharron is going to email ACA and see if they will do a follow up. Cheers Pam 🙂

• Opt Out says:

Hi Keith, regarding the media, it would appear that both public and private media is merely a tool of foreign corporations and central banks who happen to control our governments.

The advent of HLAN will enable wireless control of all our appliances. The people will be encouraged to turn off the outside search light from the comfort of their cell by simply manipulating their government approved iWhatEver. More and more gadgets they don’t need and can’t afford, paid with money (labour) they don’t have.

Hence the lack of any information whatsoever mentioning the known detrimental health effects or privacy concerns – let alone our natural rights. A similar lack of information contributed to an explosion in sales of mobile phones and debt over the last decade. I wouldn’t expect the media to come to our aid in any shape or form unless they are forced to keep up appearances.

Ultimately it is up to the people to assert their inalienable rights as granted in the Magna Carta and other historical documents.

• 1vimana1 says:

My mobile phone I used for four and a half years ended up giving me headaches something shocking and according to my Medical Doctor who did a host of Blind-Tests on me. I could not cheat on the process in any way at all.

At the end of these tests he asked me ” What do you want me to do with this your mobile phone Richard?”
          “Smash it I said,” so he did with a heavy blow of his heel. He then kicked it over to me across the floor. I smashed it twice under my heel and it made a type of AAAGGGGGH SCREECHING Sound ! Anyway now I have no Mobile Phone to give me any more blasted headaches or run down my Bank Account.

We all managed without dopey mobile Phones around twenty five or so years ago and we can do without these Type 2B also Carcinogen Causing Machines as well.

5. Cedar Wilde says:

The problem with pollies is they will say what they think is going to get them votes before the election but they retract afterwards, so you can’t really trust any of them. We need to all stick together to prevent these damned devices being installed. We need mass marches to ram home the fact that WE WILL NOT HAVE THEM INSTALLED! I will certainly be attending the “Take Back Your Power” screening and donating to sponsor the making of media to get the message to everyone about how dangerous the “Smart” meters are. We have too much to lose to allow the power companies to push these things through.

• 1vimana1 says:

From: Kay
      Date: Tue, May 14, 2013 at 6:19 PM
      Subject: Powercor, INTERESTING !

Hi all,
      I have something that many of you are going to have a quiet smile on your faces over the Smart Meter issues ! An acquaintance of mine in Geelong has just sent me this :
      Hi Kay,
      PowerCor rang my brother today…regarding the Smart Meter installation. ( they called in an electricity upgrade ) he knew what they meant, anyway, seems they don’t like to use the words, Sneaky Buggers. He told them, ” it is not going on the house. ”
      They asked him to remove the sign. Odd ? There must be a legal implication if they install with the legal / refusal sign on……..wish he had asked them why they wanted the sign removed.
      Some time, I got a letter from them……..regarding the meter at my place…..they also requested the sign be removed. Interesting……..as they used to have a problem with the meter boxes being locked…seems now that their tactics have changed.

WWWOW ! This is an admission that they can’t legally carry out installations against our consent ! They are now realising we are claiming our rights and it is a dangerous move on their part if they use force to enter properties against consent. They are using tactical motives to enter one’s property by deception hoping that we will let them in if we take down the “No Trespass” signs! Please pass this on and let others know !
      K

6. neil busacca says:

can u pop it up on youtube?
    im sure it would be very popular and would save a lot of hassle making dvds etc

We have the POWER to not buy a tainted product

We have the POWER to remove bad government

TAKE BACK YOUR POWER

8. Gwen says:

I wonder if a smart meter was involved in the house fire in Geelong on Sunday. It is very frightening to hear of these mass power surges. 170 homes were affected with appliances damaged. They can be replaced but the life that was lost cannot. My Deepest sympathy to the family.

Gwen – Hopefully not, but it makes one wonder. Would be nice to hear an outcome as to just what caused the fire now that someone has died as a result of a house fire. My Deepest Sympathy to the Family also………………..Please check your news papers and let us know if you find out anything……..Pam

Not too long ago there was a similar power surge incident on the Mornington Peninsula. Many appliances were ruined and had to be compensated.

9. Vicki says:

I live locally and would like to go to the meeting.

Is there any way a “smart” meter can be removed once installed?

Vicki – Ask this question if you go to the Meeting. Other Comments will probably be able to help you or you could check your Local Electrician and ask him what can be done. Good Luck Pam

10. Jo-Ann Markowski says:

NEXT ELECTION VOTE AUSTRALIAN SOVEREIGNTY PARTY THEY STAND FOR TRUTH, FREEDOM & JUSTICE – CHECK THEIR WEBSITE OUT

11. Gwen says:

Love a DVD or download on Take Back your Power..As we are unable to get to it..We received in todays mail a letter of notification from SP AusNet..re a 10 day period for installation of your Smart meter..I haven’t opened it..Could we put on it “RETURN TO SENDER”…We have our meter box locked, the NO SMART METER ,ect. on our meter box & Have put a NO TRESPASSING sign on the gate …. we make sure we are here when the meter reader comes.. approx every .90 days they need to keep their job

Gwen – It would be lovely if you did send it back “Return to Sender” but personally I would open it and keep a copy then seal it up and post the darn thing back and see what happens lol. Cheers Pam 🙂

• Gwen 's says:

Pam..It has now been 3 weeks since we sent the letter back..Haven’t had anything back from SP Ausnet. We believe “THEY” are putting the SMART METERS on around The vicinity of our town.. The Meter reader is due this coming week..We stay at home until he comes & does the reading ..The week he is due.. Do our shopping the week before..It is read every 3 months….Keeping the lock on the box & signs on the gate….Any DVD or video of TAKE BACK YOUR POWER as yet. Cheers…Gwen’s ( 2 Gwen names in the comments..Changed mine to Gwen’s)

• Rik says:

Open the letter and call them. Tell them to put you on the list and they will stop trying to install it.
      I’m on the list and I haven’t had anyone come around or any letters for the last year.

• We tried to get on the List. But in our phone conversation in February or March, SP Ausnet stated that they no longer keep a List as of December 2012. We received a phone call today from SP Ausnet following up the non-installation of the smart meter. The caller stated that the legislation has now passed that it is mandatory for us to have the meter installed by the end of 2013 or we risk being disconnected. We are waiting for this info in writing

Cristy – They are bluffing you, They have to try ‘THEIR BEST ENDEAVOURS’ to install a darn SMART METER before end of 2013 – well it isn’t end of 2013 yet!!!! so keep your box Locked your signs displayed especially the Big Fine one No Tresspass etc all available on this Website. They can’t disconnect you as long as you pay your Power accounts. You have a Contract for the supply of Power, so it they turn up tell them to POQ. This constant harrasssement makes me sick to death. Just be patient we will win this. We have all worked too bloody hard to give in now to the mongrels. Good Luck Pam 🙂

• Terry Trezise says:

Hi Pam
            I am Cristy’s father and started the ball rolling ,I have had solar on my roof for over 6 years and a new meter fitted then (NOT smart meter) ,my neighbours each side of me have had smart meters fitted for months and the irony is I have never been contacted by anyone to fit a smart meter ,My question is has anybody got theIr money back for all the money pre paid for a smart meter ,when a smart meter is not installed and you go off grid and have power dissconected
            Terry

Terry – I am not sure what I have paid in the past when I was with Origin. I am now with Energy Aust and don’t pay any Smart Meter Charges with them. My Solicitor is in a similar situation as you and so far so good no Contact from anyone to fit a darn Smart Meter. However if you are still lucky enough to have an annalogue Meter, get your Box Locked and signs Displayed – All signs are available on this Website, especially the NO TRESSPASS SIGN with the huge Fine. Honestly I just don’t trust any Power Distributor at all that is why I keep fighting and keep my Box Locked and Signs Displayed. I am Never going to give up my Right to Privacy, Health, Safety and also the Financial side of things. My Power accounts come in on time – one is due now so I am waiting to see what is it. I have been taking my readings for the past week. With a Smart Meter how would I ever be able to decipher all their jargon and I would be too scared to go near one anyway. To me they are like a VIRUS one would get on their Computer. Wish you and Cristy all the Best…………. Pam 🙂

• Terry Trezise says:

Hi Pam
                Sorry to tell you but everybody pays for smart meters(HIDDEN IN YOUR SUPPLY CHARGE) and will go on for years,I have been on this for over three years
                All the best Terry

12. Jo says:

Please could you make this available on DVD — it needs to be distributed more widely in Australia (not just Victoria). I live in NSW and would like to know more about smart meters before they start installing them widely there.
    Thanks
    Jo

• 1vimana1 says:

Your seemingly decent sensible and humane N.S.W Government Minister for power said on National T.V and Radio some weeks ago, that you in N.S.W will not be getting the same Microwave Smart Meters as so many people in Victoria have been getting. My Electric Meter Box is padlocked with an Industrial Padlock and stays locked until the meter reader man comes. Then I unlock it for him to read and then I re-padlock my Electric Meter Box to stop the Smart Meter Installer Goons from forcing a dopey and now proving to be DEADLY Smart Meter on my property. I also have sent to the Minister for Power in Victoria and the head of the Department of Primary Industry and the C.E.O in charge of PowerCor Australia Ltd the Notice of Undue Harassment from Canberra the Commonwealth of Australia’s $10,000,000:00 Anti-Harassment Notice. My two lawyers have supported me in sending the $10,000,000:00 Legal Commonwealth Anti-Harassment Notice to these BULLIES.

The C.E.O of PowerCor Australia Ltd here in Victoria, a Mr Shane Breheny and the Head of the Smart Meter Department for the D.P.I and the Victorian Minister for Power the then Mr Michael O’Brien were given 14 days by me as legally stipulated on this Legal Notice in which to challenge me, showing why they believed they should challenge my Legal and Democratic Right not to be forced to take a Microwave Smart Meter against my Will and Better Judgement and my sincere and well founded belief based on good and clear World-Wide evidence, that such a dangerous meter as the Microwave Smart Meter would most certainly damage my health.

More than 14 days have now passed, in fact several months now, and I have not received a phone call or a letter from any of these bullying people. Therefore it would seem that they realise that I am very serious in my resolve never to allow such a Life and Health Threatening Microwave Smart Meter Evil device on my property at any time. Microwave Smart Meters are Type 2B Carcinogen Causing Machines. This evidence of their Carcinogen properties clearly grows every day.

Jo – We in Victoria are guinea pigs for the rest of Australia. We sometimes feel we aren’t even part of Australia. Just lock your box as we are doing here in Victoria and get your signs up all available on this Website. If and when you are “invited” to have a bloody Smert Meter installed you will be prepared, as we are here in Victoria. Go back and look at past Posts, especially Steve’s recent Articles. He is ill and fighting like hell for his Health and that of his Family. This Website has stacks of information on the DANGERS OF SMART METERS. THERE ARE SAFETY ISSUES, PRIVACY ISSUES, HEALTH ISSUES AND FINANCIAL ISSUES. PLEASE Protect your ANNALOGUE METER AND DO NOT EVER LET ANYONE INSTASLL A SMART METER AT YOUR HOME – YES YOUR HOME AND NOT THE POWER DISTRIBUTORS’. good luck ………………PAM 🙂

13. T.R.Fulton says:

Hi, what a great move. Are you intending to take this to the Gippsland area?

14. Robert G Scott says:

Why not make this more widely available by distributing it on BLU-RAY & DVD at minimal cost to cover copying. Or better still make it available for downloading ???

15. s sill says:

Elections are coming up soon I need to change my vote is there anyone that is saying vote for them and we will stop or take out smart meters please let me know or can someone approach someone that will be a quick sure way of sending a message everyone vote for them

• John Stoker says:

Katter’s Australian Party is reviewing prospective policy – Calls for a review of the inclusion of smart metering technology in the Council of Australian Government (COAG) energy reforms. With no economic benefits and the long-term impact on public health Katter’s Australian Party considers smart meters a cost imposition that will quickly be recognized as such by consumers and will not be acceptable to the Australian public in the long term.

• Gwen says:

Hi John. Great info but who will he give preferences to. Brumby introduced them but it didn’t take Bailleau any time at all to continue forcing them on us. Campbell Newman, once he spoke with Julia Gillard, quickly jumped on the bandwagon after he said Queensland won’t get them. Look at Pollies doing backflips on their morals regarding current issues that have been forced into the public arena. We can only pray and hope that someone like Bob Katter could wipe the rest out. At least you do know where you stand with him.

• 1vimana1 says:

Dear Mr John Stoker,
        I feel that the The Honourable Mr Bob Katter should have also added………………..
        “That apart from the Economically No Benefit to the people of Victoria.”

the people of Victoria recognise that it is their Bounden and Democratic Right and Duty not to be bullied into taking these now proving to be Health Wrecking Dopey Microwave Smart Meters which are not “SMART” in any way at all, but are as evidenced by the World Health Organisation or the W.H.O and other very concerned Medical Bodies World-Wide, now showing to be as evidenced from so many serious health concerns after these Microwave Smart Meters have, in now so many cases been forced on Victorians and other people world-wide to cause serious cases of Illness such as …….Bleeding noses and or chronic Insomnia and or violent headaches and or Tinnitus which is ringing in the ears and or extreme nervousness to severe lack of concentration on even very simple tasks etc.”

Mr Bob Katter does not mention that here in Victoria many household private electrical goods have been damaged after these Microwave so-called Smart Meters have been forcefully installed in Victorian private and Small Business homes, such as damage to fridges by fusion by these Microwave Smart Meters where the household wiring throughout the home/s and small business properties has never been designed to take the Microwave Smart Meter/s in the first place as well as damage to peoples’ other Electrical goods, only after the dopey Microwave Smart Metershad and have been installed.

It is a fact, that none of these Microwave so-called Smart Meters have ever been tested by the Victorian Weights and Measures Department, so they could if they had passed the tests, some could then have then possibly received receive a Clean Bill of Health from the Victorian Weights and Measures Department. Therefore these DANGEROUS Microwave Meters are being criminally forced on Victorians by people who are not expert in Electronics or even simple Electrical Physics. This lack of care both shows and entails a very real danger of homes and small businesses running the very real risk of being burnt down at any time, as has already happened to one two-storey home in Northcote a suburb of Melbourne in Victoria and damage to other homes in Victoria after Microwave Smart Meters had been installed. This serious fire damage to this two-storey home happening in Northcote occurred only after the dangerous Microwave Smart Meter had been installed.

I contacted the Head of the Victorian Electricity Union on this matter only a day after this happening and he and his team were looking into this very serious matter. Only a few hours after this very serious fire damage to the Northcote home it was reported to me that one of the GOONS from that same Power Company’s Smart Meter Team came onto that home’s property and STOLE the seriously damaged Microwave Smart Meter, which was a CRIMINAL OFFENCE. It was up to the Melbourne Fire Brigade to take this same Microwave Fire damaged Smart Meter into their Legal Custody for Forensic Examination. It was not the fault of the Melbourne Fire Brigade that this particular Microwave Smart Meter had been stolen before they, the Melbourne Fire Brigade could get to this same property and could Legally impound this Microwave Smart Meter for Forensic Examination.

These five foreign owned Electric Power Companies are only concerned with making as much money as possible out of their Victorian Electricity Customers and without a care in the world for their Customers Health, Well being or Medical Welfare. These same companies are actually Self-Seeking Corrupt and devoid of any humane feelings towards their Victorian Electricity Customers. The still ongoing corrupt actions of these five foreign owned Electricity Companies Chief Executive Officers and the Smart Meter Installer Men in forcing, by continually bullying and openly harassing so many Victorians to accept these Dangerous and now proving to be Deadly Microwave Smart Meters, read here (Incendiary Microwave Smart Meters), in many cases, are ongoing and CRIMINAL ACTS.

For these criminal and truly evil acts against a Democratic People of Victoria, the C.E.O’s of these CORRUPT Foreign Owned Electric Power Companies and the then Minister for Power Mr Michael O’Brien and the Head of the Smart Meter Department of the Department of Primary Industry must all be held Criminally Liable. These same people as well as the past Victorian Labour Minister for Power must all be dragged kicking and screaming, if needs must be, into the Highest Court in Victoria, to be tried for their past and even now, still ongoing acts of Continuing Wickedness against the People of Victoria who are citizens in what is supposed to be the Democratic State of Victoria as are all States of Australia and the rest of the Free World including England the Land of my birth, and the rest of the United Kingdom and America and all other Free Countries on Earth.

In closing, every foreign owned Electric Power Company in Victoria which is owned by either China or Singapore should be LEGALLY SEIZED from these overseas companies and forcefully given back to the State of Victoria in Australia where the Old Victorian State Electricity Department had many years ago been broken up under the Victorian Liberal Party Kennett Government and sold off to what has turned out to be effectively Criminal Overseas Electric Power Industries who don’t give a RAT’S ARSE about Victorian Peoples’ Health or Welfare.

Sincerely,

Richard Leschen.

• Freddie says:

I think it’s great that Katter’s Australian Party is willing to make such a statement on smart meters. They should be commended! I’ve approached both major parties for a similar statement on smart meters and neither are willing to commit to put people’s health and welfare first, for fear of antagonizing the powerful electricity distribution companies.
        GO KATTER!

S.SILL – Once the nomination forms are in place approach each one and ask them personally their views on smart meters and the damaging effects of smart meters on peoples’ health, safety, privacy and financially as well and see where this leads. Explain that if they were prepared to FIGHT FOR US – there are literally 1000’s of Votes in it for them. Refer them to this Website……………………. Pam 🙂

Again I can’t attend – Will this Documentary be able to be viewed by UTube? . Cheers Pam 🙂

17. Miriam. says:

Darn, unable to go 😦 – prior commitment.