On Monday September 24, the City of Dandenong passed the following motion at its Ordinary Council Meeting:

That Council:

1. formally registers its opposition to the installation of “smart meters” within the municipality based upon documented environmental and human health and safety concerns;

2. respects and supports the rights of individuals to be able to “opt-out” of the installation of smart meters; and

3. in principal and after an officers’ report is received by Council identifying legal costs, further commits to supporting, through the Municipal Association of Victoria, a Victorian class action against the roll out of the smart meters based upon extensive international scientific research which empirically questions the safety of the equipment.

This entry was posted in Smart Meter and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Copy of the City of Greater Dandenong motion that registers its opposition to smart meters and investigates possibility of supporting a class action:

1. Lashonda says:

Hi there! I just found your site: Copy of the City of Greater Dandenong motion that registers its opposition to smart meters and investigates possibility of supporting a class action: | Stop Smart Meters Australia when I was surfing around reddit.com. It looks as though someone appreciated your website so much they decided to bookmark it. I’ll undoubtedly be coming back here more often.

2. My brother suggested I might like this blog.
    He was entirely right. This post truly made my day.
    You can’t imagine simply how much time I had spent for this info!
    Thanks!

3. Leon Ingberg says:

im in bentleigh also had a letter they will be coming to install in 2 weeks
    well he came last week i went to our front gate and i told him i dont want one thanks
    ok then he said and began to take pictures of the house .
    i did not have a sign up this time as i was one of the first ones who wrote letters to united energy and the goverment long time ago and was put on hold but now im not .
    i have locked gates and locked meter box also .
    i would welcome some news also on Glen ira council what they will do for us
    If anything ?????
    anyway my sign is going back up tomorrow

4. Andrew says:

I am still waiting for the smart meter man to arrive, maybe soon…….

Andrew – Hope your box is locked and signs displayed. When he turns tell him to “p” off – Don’t be bullied into having one of these dangerous stupid Smart Meters. The “NO TRESSPASS SIGN IS THE MOST IMPORTANT AND SCARES THEM AWAY………..GOOD LUCK ..PAM:-)

5. Melbourne Mum says:

Hi everyone – I think what you are all doing is fantastic, especially if like myself you are the only house in your street without a smart meter. It is very isolating when others simply choose ignorance or just don’t want to educate themselves. I agree with Justice in that the installer ‘people’ will try any trick that works for them, they are not to be trusted and I have even seen a few at the meetings in my area… I study their faces well for future reference! I will give as good as I get with these traitors,as I believe they know exactly what they are doing, but just don’t care. I think some huge street signs may work in our favour to show them that they are insignificant to our cause. We need to inform our communities in any way possible, maybe the slogan ‘SMART MURDER METERS” or “NO SLOW DEATH METERS” would wake someone up, what do you think?

Melb, Mum – Why not some flyers directing folk to SSMA WEBSITE and bombard the area with them……..any takers????? KEEP FIGHTING…………………..CHEERS PAM 🙂

• Melbourne Mum says:

Pam – yes, I did the letterbox drop a while back before the installers came. Some locked their boxes as the meter man showed me his list of the streets nearby he has to read meters at, but there wasn’t many 😦 He seemed to think like me that there are going to be problems down the track with the smart meters. Told him I hope his job stays! Word is getting around and like you Pam, I will NOT GIVE IN TO THEM!!

Thank God our Councils are supporting us Have good Weekend everyone free of Installers..Cheers Pam 🙂

• Georgina says:

Hi pam,
      Do they not work on weekends? I have been holed up at home this first week of school holidays with my 2 primary school aged kids so I can protect my property and my analogue meter. Service Stream has notified me that they will be installing a Smart Meter at my house over these 2 weeks – the entire school holidays! I have followed all the advice, sent off my letters to all concerned, put signs up, locked my meter box, and even installed gates across my driveway…… but even after all this I’m still to scared to leave the house, lest I should come home and find that they’ve installed one in spite of all my efforts to prevent it. I and the kids are going mad, and I’ve had to explain to them what this is all about, and what is going on. I can’t BELIEVE that we have to go to these lengths in this country to protect ourselves, families, and our rights. May as well be living in North Korea or China! I’m trying to find a way to get our Council (Glen Eira) to get on board and demand that the State Government start acting in OUR interests instead of the corporate fascists’, have no idea where to start.
      Have a great weekend,
      Georgina

Georgina My feelings exactly – I think we are all are too afraid to leave our homes. I haven’t seen them in my area over the weekends of late. I have another sign by my door and on my Locked Box that any installer has to ring my mobile number before they even attempt to install a SMART METER on MY PROPERTY (so far so good)., I have heard that Glen Eira are trying to start their own Group. Perhaps you should Email Stop Smart Meters and get them to confirm this. I have got a few things in the pipeline – I plan another Article for our Local paper with the support of my Local Shire Councillor for sometime next week…………You and your Children have a great weekend. I think installers would be too scared to snap your lock especially if you have the ‘NO TRESSPAS SIGN UP’ and the FINE they may have to pay if they snap your lock. 🙂

• justice says:

Hi Georgina, we live in Brighton, a meter person tried to get into our property on a Saturday. I was at home, and asked them what they wanted, and meter person said to read the meter.
          I said to him have you a smart meter with you, he said “no I am just reading the meter”, [ the meter box was locked] but we believe he was going to install a SM. The following Monday another Energy person called me by telephone and asked if I was at home, he said “he just wanted to put an arial on our smart meter,”
          I said we do not need an aerial on an analogue meter, he said you already have a smarter can you open the gate, I yelled at home and told him never to come to our property with a smart meter or they will deal with our Rottweiler dogs, never heard from them since. Do not trust them they are profound liars and are doing all they can to install these S. meters fast, regardless of the people.DO NOT LET THEM IN, even they threaten you with all sorts of lies they are unbelievable, deceitfull people encouraged by the Energy Companies. Fortunate for us we have our gates locked with two big trained Rotties.Justice

Justice – I never ever thought we would have to go to the lengths we are going to. I am not sleeping either – I don’t have and never will have a bloody Smart anything. My Box is locked and staying locked. I am surrounded by the bloody things. Keep your dogs trained and gates locked. We will win this. Cheers Pam 🙂

• Gwen says:

Hi Justice, Good on you! Have you got the NO TRESPASSING NO SMART METER sign
            up as well. I was talking to someone who had their meter box locked and came home to find a note saying they have a new smart meter installed. No sign of the lock anywhere.
            When he went inside, he found his sensor system (worth thousands) and his new computer had blown up. He was told by Powercor that this does happen and to put in a request for compensation. Someone else was concerned about their daughter who began suffering from bad headaches after the meter was installed. A scan revealed nothing so she is going to talk to her Doctor about EMRS. Another person recently told me their black box near the new smart meter, blew up and cost them $1500 to repair.
            Also, they had two healthy pet rabbits in a hutch close to the meter box. One started to lose his fur and eventually passed away. Each one of these individual stories alone should be cause for great concern. Not one of these people knew of this website and all thought that the meters were compulsory.
            I’m so glad I found this site. I was just in time to put up the sign and lock the meter box.
            That was on a Saturday and they came to install the meter on Monday.
            All the very best to everyone in this fight and STAND YOUR GROUND.

Gwen – I went to my Doctor today and he gave me a certificate to exempt me from
              having a Smart Meter installed in my home due to stress it is causing me and also Health and Privacy issues.. still to hear from solicitor and then I am going to the Local Paper. My Shire Councillor is with me on this too. Will keep you all posted. Glad you locked your Box in time. If that person had his box locked and his NO TRESSPASS SIGN in place, the had no right to snap his lock and install a bloody smart meter. Would you mind it if I took your Comment to the paper with me???????????????????? Cheers Pam 🙂

• Gwen says:

Hi Pam,Yes you are welcome to take my comment to the paper and to whomever. I was shocked to hear what the three individuals had to say and that was in the space of a week! I’m speaking to everyone I can now and I’m finding out that people have no idea that they can refuse to have one by locking up their meter box and putting the sign up. .Also most have no idea about all the dangers that smart meters pose in many ways, to the community either. Thanks to you and to everyone for your hard work in trying to stop this push by big business to have their way, which is, profits at all costs.
                Cheers, Gwen 🙂

Thanks Gwen – Will probably be Monday now – The Councillor phoning me later this arvo. Got all the paper work from Solicitor, my Doctor’s Certificate. SSMA thoughts etc etc and also Maureen’s comments and now yours and the Article from the Age .All I can do is try. Took heap of posts to my Doctor and told him not to file them, but look at them, because he will be getting heaps of Patients with all the darn things that are installed around here. Stories I hear too are endless. However a lot of older people (i am 67 lol) do not have access to a Computer and don’t know what we know, they are told they have to have one unless their power will be cut off, which from my experience is bs, cause they told me that back in May and I still have power……..I will get Marc to post whatever goes in the Paper. Have a good weekend and keep spreading the “Word”………………….Cheers Pam 🙂

Georgina – went to paper yesterday. not printed yet. Will have it posted to website when it comes out in the paper. Didn’t get reporter I wanted, so don’t know how it will go. Took heap of stuff, but he didn’t seem interested. Councillor went with Health and Privacy issues and really supported me. Got Senior of the year today, so won’t be available. Told reporter print for more information refer to this website. Cheers Pam 🙂

• Freddie says:

Have you considered setting up a Bayside Action Group? Alternatively, contact Glen Eira Smart Meters Action group – stopsmartmetersgleneira@yahoo.com.au – it is the nearest to you.

Georgina – Maureen says she has contacted you re Glen Eira Group. …. All starts again tomorrow……..Cheers Pam 🙂

• 1vimana1 says:

Georgina,
        You’ve done almost all you can to protect yourself against these now proving to be Type 2B Carcinogen Causing Smart Meters; read dangerous microwave meters.
        ( Please see the World Health Authority reports on Dangers of Smart Meters to all Life). Please write a polite letter to the C.E.O of the foreign owned Victorian Power Company for your area, stating that you refuse to accept a Microwave Meter on your property, and a similar letter to the Victorian Minister for Power, Mr Michael O’ Brien. Please send these two letters to them by Registered Post so they have to sign for them and you get a receipt proving that these two people have signed for your letters. Your local post office will help you with this. Please keep a copy of both letters for Legal Purposes.

Please examine closely the Victorian Charter of Human Rights 2006, It is easily found by doing a Google Search. This Very Powerful Charter of Human Rights has more than sufficient Legal Protective Clauses to protect your property and to stop the forced installment of a Microwave Smart Meter on your or anyone elses property at any time. It does not take long to read this Charter Of Human Rights. Amongts these Clauses are a number of them which are very powerful, Number 10 is the most powerful of all against being bullied, I have found, but others are just as helpful for the protection of your Human Rights.

Remember to put at the bottom of each of your letters to the C.E.O of the Foreign Owned Electric Power Company for your area………………………………………………
        SHOULD I FIND THAT IN MY ABSENCE AND UPON MY RETURN THAT A SMART METER HAS BEEN INSTALLED AT MY PROPERTY AND AGAINST MY WILL AND BETTER JUDGEMENT I WILL JOIN THE COMMON CLASS ACTION TO SUE.
        This is what I and now many thousands and even more people are doing for the protection to our Health and the Safety of our Electrical Goods.

Be warned……..My Insurance company has told me, that should I have been so careless as to allow a so-called Smart Meter on my property and any of my private electrical goods were to have been damaged, such as Fusion to my Fridge where the motor burns out, or any electrical damage had been done to my computer and or printer and or washing machine etc, or even if my House Burns down after proving that a now proving to be Dangerous Smart Meter had been installed, they would refuse to cover me in any way at all.

Any Help Needed, please phone me on 03 5352 3639