letter of the week, September 27th, 2013

One of our fellow fighters, going under the name of ‘Take our Power Back’, has shared with us her response to the power company’s continued bullying and harassment.

As per my previous notifications, I do not consent to the installation of a smart meter.

As power companies were ONLY mandated to “use their best endeavours” to install smart meters, I insist that you cease contacting me re installation of same and place me on the ‘refusal’ list to be sent to the Victorian Government.

Are you aware, as per the Australian Government’s documents on Brodie’s Law, bullying is repeated verbal, physical, social, or psychological behaviour that is harmful and involves the misuse of power by an individual or group towards one or more people. I understand this to include continued harassment and covers face to face, at a distance and through information and communication technologies.

I am disgusted that I have to go through all this stress to protect my rights to privacy, safety and my health in my own home. Australia is a democratic country.

I repeat, I do not consent to the installation of a smart meter, LEAVE ME ALONE.

This entry was posted in Smart Meter and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

37 Responses to letter of the week, September 27th, 2013

1. LES SALMON says:

Folks.. I just received a call from a person who was trying to fit a Smart (DUMB) Meter to a property that I own & rent out in Yinnar South (Vic) . I had placed the STOP sign (from this site) and left my number for contact.
    I told him to leave my property as he was trespassing – to this he said he would leave a letter explaining that if I refused the power would be cut off in 10 days..I told him I was taking this as a threat and not THREATEN me as he can not cut the power off (not sure ?)
    Where do we stand ?? The tenant has a young daughter and does not want the meter either.
    LES…….les@gmaenv.com

Les, why would it be you whose power is cut off for refusing a smart meter and not someone else ? What this man is telling you is that you will be the first person to have their power cut off for refusing a smart meter ? Do you really believe that ???
      Les, installers are known to make all sorts of verbal threats to customers. These threats have not been put in writing because they have no basis. The purpose of these threats is to intimidate you into allowing them to do the very thing that you don’t want them to do. Anything that Distribution Companies have put in writing uses words such as they “may” do this or “can” do that. Les you’ve had a close call. What you need to do asap is to make sure your meter box is locked. You need to do this before they come again because if you don’t lock your meter box, these immoral people will do a number on you and it will become a bigger problem for you to lose an already installed smart meter than to prevent a new installation of this carcinogenic sickness causing surveillance device. For the time being, that’s the way forward.

Power companies can try all they like. You and I are a power company as well, with something to lose. So it’s an absolute NO or there will be hell to pay. Now there has been over 70 successfully working FREE ENERGY technologies that could have solved ALL of our problems and they have been suppressed -again with the Government threats, harassment and fear mongering. That makes me understand that governments everywhere are absolutely corrupt. Thankfully many underground scientists following in the footsteps of the old greats, are continuing the free energy science. Brian O”Leary was a big advocate until he died recently. Read up about it, it’s very interesting. I think only when earth’s petroleum supplies have gone, and they will go, these amazing facts will probably surface.

3. Power to the People says:

Everyone, check out the story in a recent newspaper about a CSIRO scientist who successfully sued for EMR illnesses. http://www.news.com.au/technology/csiro-scientist-dr-david-mcdonald-wins-compensation-for-wifi-pain/story-e6frfrnr-1226729178281

4. Cedar Wilde says:

I see the government have now launched a campaign on TV about how you can organise your electricity usage to save yourself money. They think “What will get people excited, Oh, I know tell them they will have more money in their pockets, that usually jerks their strings” Damned liars. No-one is going to save money with these meters except the “Smart” meter pushers and they stand to make an enormous fortune, that’s one of the reasons they want to install them.
    “Big Brother” is indeed watching us and it can only get worse if this scheme goes ahead.

5. Lets take our power back says:

It appears letters are going out everywhere. The Powercor letters are interesting:
    No address on the letter, only email addresses and phone numbers to make an appointment for “installation” – well I will not speak to them on the phone at all, and I certainly will not be phoning or emailing “appointment” numbers or emails.
    I have friends who have recorded their lies and intimidation on the phone – it seems they are happy to say some things verbally – over the phone and by installers at the door, that are not being put in writing.
    Then there is the power of the word “MAY” Everything in writing says “MAY” first – not that it will happen, just that if you don’t then this “MAY” happen.
    My letter this week, along with many others that friends received, says that they left a card – NONE of us have received the said “Card” – another lie. Maybe this statement has been made because the letter is signed by Peter Wallace – I thought he was at the DPI ????? and this letter is on Powercor letterhead ????? maybe the DPI think Powercor left a card, and they actually didn’t?????
    Who would know?
    One thing I do know, is I will not have any smartmeters (power, gas or water) installed at my home. And I will not be bullied in a “democratic” country. AND how can Victorians be singled out and not given a choice.!!!!! So is this also discrimination???

• Cedar Wilde says:

They do seem to be trying to hide behind anonymity. I sent a letter to SP Ausnet, registered mail because I wanted to know they had received it but the card the post office returned didn’t have a signature, it just had an arrow pointing to the address SP Ausnet. Are even the staff in the post room afraid of putting their name to the company who is going to be the subject of a class action? (To name just one) I would have thought that it was not legal for Aussie Post to accept a non-signature for a registered letter. Is this meant to rob me of my proof that I sent one?

At least you got your card back. SP Ausnet will no longer even return the card when I send them anything.

Isn’t the return of the delivery receipt card the responsibility of Aus Post ?

It doesn’t matter if SP AusNet (or anyone else for that matter) don’t want the card to be sent back to the sender, the fact is that it was delivered and the sender has paid for the card to be returned.

If the receiver doesn’t accept the delivery, that’s a different matter but if they do, then the card must come back to the sender, otherwise in my opinion, Aus Post must refund the cost of the delivery receipt card as they failed to provide the service you paid for,

• 1vimana1 says:

To Let’s take our power back,
      I liked your penultimate paragraph mentioning Mr Peter Wallace, who you thought was with the D.P.I.’good point of yours.’ According to the letter I got many months ago it was also signed by Mr Peter Wallace who was then with A.M.I, the Australian Metering Industry tied to PowerCor.

He stupidly tried intimidating my brother a Martial Arts Expert and then me after my brother Henry had very politely sent several rockets up Mr Peter Wallace about his futile efforts to get both Henry and me to take a Microwave so-called smart meter against our Will and Better Judgement. My brother’s replies to this Mr Peter Wallace were logical, as were mine.

After Henry handed over the phone to me. I also had to re-explain to Mr Peter Wallace the difference between a Mandate and the Law as he, seemed to have an attention span of around a millisecond at most, and a memory lapse to most things, I then had to repeat.

I told Mr Peter Wallace that he was to stop harassing us with stupid bullying letters from PowerCor, for if he did not desist, I would engage my Lawyers to Sue him under a Class Action which I could easily afford which would wreck his life as he would very likely be going to PRISON for a long time with the other cruel and bullying servants of PowerCor after my Lawyers had dragged him and the rest of his ilk kicking and screaming into Court to face “The Beak,” that is the Judge. After these PROMISES of mine and not threats, his tone of voice was rather hushed and very shaky. To make sure I had him where I wanted him, I sent him as well as others the $1.1 Million Dollar A.C.C.C Notice Of Prohibition Of Undue Harassment Or Coercion For Smart Meter Installation, (please see below).
      Please copy this Legal Commonwealth A.C.C.C Notice as many times as you want and send to friends and acquaintances.

I ended up sending this Legal Common Law Notice to Mr Shane Brehney the C.E.O of PowerCor and to Mr Peter Wallace of the A.M.I Department of PowerCor, and to Mrs Janet Hogarty and to Ms Tara Cowie of the Customers Relations Department, which should really be renamed what it really is, “The Department Of SPIN and LIES.”

I also sent this same notice to the two minions of the Department of Primary Industry who had earlier tried to bully me, and to their Boss of the Microwave smart meter department at the Department of Primary Industry allied to the then Victorian Minister for Power who then was as he still is, The Dishonourable Mr Michael O’Brien who has never had the GUTS to even answer my polite letters to him.

Please note that when sending any letters and or notices to these people always do as I do, and send them Registered Mail with the Post Office Reference Numbers on each of these letters and the copies you must keep for Legal Reasons. Also get the Post Office to supply you with a return receipt slip so that the person/s picking up your letters and Legal Notices has to sign for same.

(DATE)

(INSERT OWN NAME)
      (ADDRESS)

(Insert name and
      Address of Power Distributor)

NOTICE OF PROHIBITION OF UNDUE HARASSMENT OR COERCION FOR SMART METER INSTALLATION
      This notice is provided to _______________________________________________ and any persons, entities,
      (Insert Power distributor name and ACN no off letter you received)
      Employees, associates, corporations, sub-contractors and agents of the fore mentioned (herein referred to as Your Company).
      Notice to agent is notice to principal.

Note: This notice is provided in addition and following a NOTICE OF PROHIBITION FOR
      SMART METER INSTALLATION (date of your first letter) and NOTICE Your Company’s
      INTENTION TO DISHONOUR AND VIOLATE PROHIBITION FOR SMART METER
      INSTALLATION NOTICE (date of your letter received from Power Distributor after) served on Your Company.
      Your Company is prohibited and forbidden from communication in any manner, with the intent to solicit for the installation of a “smart meter” or meter containing wireless communication function(s) at the following (service) address: (Insert your address).
      Such an act is herein referred to as a PROHIBITED ACT.
      I have lawful and legal standing and claim of right to make such a demand.

Any PROHIBITED ACT will be considered an act of undue harassment or coercion with the supply or possible supply of goods or services as defined by the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (CTH) Vol. 3, Ch. 4, PT> 4-1, Div. 5 Sec. 168; such an offence carries a penalty of $1.1,000,000:00 One point one Million Dollars. If Your Company is in any way directed by the Government (State of Victoria) and State of Victoria Corporation to perform such an offence, the Government and individual members are liable under tort may in addition be held vicariously liable.
      Any PROHIBITED ACT remains prohibited unless I provide a NOTICE OF CESSATION OF PROHIBITION explicitly annulling this notice, or following a sale of property and change of property title holder for the property in question.
      A copy of this notice will also be provided for their records to (via regular mail):
      1. Customer Relations, DPI,
      2. Minister Nicholas Kotsiras, Government in the State of Victoria.

If a response to this notice containing any dispute of facts or CLAIM OF RIGHT based on lawful claim of right is not received within fourteen days from Your Company, it shall be fact that you accept as fact this notice and facts contained within, and will honour this notice; such requiring no further action on your behalf.
      Sincerely
      _______________ __________________ ____________
      (Your SIGNATURE) (Witness to your Signature) Print Witnesses name)

• Dabbles says:

On the other hand:- Neat little story here~>

“In Victoria a moratorium has been placed on the rollout of smart meters because of widespread problems.”

But of course don’t let your guard down!

That was 2 years ago …

They have since lifted that and are pushing like crazy to get as many meters installed as they can before the end of 2013.

• Robyn says:

I also received the Powercor letter stating that a card had been left, which it was not, so I wrote to Powercor to tell them that I hadn’t received such a card and to stop writing to me because I wasn’t going to consent to a smart meter. Their response was to send me another letter, identical to the previous one, except for the heading “REMINDER”.

6. whislteblower says:

Say’s a lot about our Government when they, and power companies can lie to us and treat the people this way, with Bullying and Harassment. W.W.

7. Sick of their Lies says:

A recent letter I received from SP Ausnet states “It is SP AusNet policy to never unduly harass or coerce any customer, and the safety of our consumers, staff and contractors is of the utmost importance to us”.

It goes on to say “We are committed to working with consumers to allay concerns and resolve any issues you may have”.

Hello!!!!!!!!!!!

I’ll leave it at that.

• 1vimana1 says:

Hi There, to Sick of their Lies.
      I just phoned SP AusNet for you, I left your Sick of their Lies out of it for your protection.
      Yes, I am also sick of all of these five foreign owned Electric Power Companies Lies and evil bullying people to take M/Wave dopey and now proving to be dangerous to ALL Life dopey so-called smart meter/s which are now seeming to be Type 2B Carcinogen Meters according to the World Health Organization and decent and caring Doctors of Medicine not caught up in the Microwave Industries Lies Departments where Corrupt pseudo scientists and others are paid to tell lies to spread these dopey Microwave so-called smart meters which are not smart at all in any way at all but are proving to be both Human and Animal and sickness making machines now to all LIFE.

Luckily I managed to speak to a more intelligent customers relations officer a young lady who was very attentive to your plight but try as I might to get to the Big Cheese or the C.E.O of this company a Mr Neo Ficca they would not let me speak to him although I had my Lawyer with me and I am an extremely polite gentleman. It is obvious to me that the staff at SP AusNet are not allowed to let us the Great Unwashed Public speak to such an Elevated C.E.O, perhaps it would get them ‘The Sack’

Anyway she was quite polite to me and I to her. I got the distinct impression that a lot of the argument and Evil Cockiness is getting knocked out of these servants and minions as time passes. So we just have to be patient I suppose. But for how much longer, that is The BURNING QUESTION !

Well done calling these bullies for what they are. Unfortunately, moves are underway to stop people from objecting to businesses from doing their job. Like installing smartmeters.
    It wasn’t referred to specifically, but implications are there.

Anonymous, what exactly is being said by whom ???
      What you have posted is extremely concerning.

Eric, from what I have heard in the news, Abbott wants to stop people protesting against Industries that pose dangers to our land and people such as the coal seam gas projects do. The proposal is that people who interfere with a business doing it’s job can be arrested and fined thousands of dollars. This is being bandied around by pollies in the Liberal party at the moment. Also, Andrew Bolt is asking questions as to why the Government should use Taxpayers money to support the ABC. Looks like they want to get rid of the most believable news available to us. New Zealand did, so it could happen to us since this current government likes to sell off our assets. They are also known to pander to big business.

• Take our Power Back says:

Well if they think they can stop us all standing up for our rights they are in for ONE BIG SHOCK – suggest they take a look at what has been happening in Countries overseas where Governments and leaders are not listening to the people. Sadly that may mean the end to our beautiful, peaceful Australia because WE WILL STAND AND FIGHT FOR OUR RIGHT TO DEMOCRACY AND FREEDOM.

9. jodie says:

I was unable to lock my meter box but had taped my stop smart meter letter to the meter…after opening the meter box I found no stop smart meter paper work and a new smart meter……Im not sure if anything can be done now…..Lock your boxes …….paper work does little to stop them…..They just wait until you are not home……

• Mei Lin Li says:

You need to be home to stop them installing the smart meter becasue all of them will ignor your sign or paper. I did not allow them to install it and the guy said he had to take a photo of my meter and the paper I sticked there as well. I let him take the picture. From now on I will lock the gate if no one’s at home just in case the installer comes again.

goodonyer MriLinLi!
        Threats are one thing, direct physical action another.
        More people should follow your example.
        I have TWO locked gates, and my dogs are free to roam between them.
        Great alarm system!

I’ve said it before:- y’can’t fight mongrels like these on their own terms.
      Fit a stand-alone solar system (about 6-8 grand) and then tell them to remove their equipment from off your property or else you’ll charge rent to leave it there and/or impound ~ and then dispose of it as the law allows (abandoned goods) it if the rent isn’t paid.

They’ll say y’can’t do that. You point out you have an axe and CAN do that ~ nothing to it.

If enough people did that they’d send these distributors broke ~ and then we could start again, with new agreements.
      Stand-alone solar -power isn’t as convenient as being grid-connected, but at what price does one accept the inconvenience?

• John Wilson says:

I can’t afford a standalone solar 240Vlt system but having been a farmer who built his farm without electricity I told them that I will not allow the installation of a smart meter. However, I concluded that if for some way I am unaware one is installed then immediately the company would be told to disconnect the electricity,
        I started with kero lamps, etc. and believe I would go a little more upmarket and install a small solar panel as is available for camping. cooking and refrigeration, there are other alternatives, so I believe I can live comfortably without the power companies and they would do well to remember that. I am a real live flesh and blood being that the corporations do not have any contract.

10. mohsen says:

There will be a “no GMO, no to Monsanto” rally in Melbourne on 12 October at 2.00 pm state library Melbourne. It is a global protest against Monsanto poisoning our food supply, it is as important as Smart Meters poisoning our environment and making us sick. Even if the SM issue is resolved we will still have a poisonous food supply. Even if we eat organic food we are being sprayed from above with Geo engineering. I urge you to join this rally. We can still hold’ No Smarts’ banners at the rally.

11. Reef girl says:

My sentiments exactly! Get out of our meter boxes you greedy monsters – Admit the facts re this AMI takeover, that it’s about control and manipulation. I refuse to be manipulated by liars!

• 1vimana1 says:

Spot on Reef Girl,
      I had to phone one of these foreign owned Electric Power Companies yesterday after receiving a very distraught call on my phone from an Electricity Customer. I was fortunate to contact one officer of the public relations departments who was a bit more intelligent than most.

I spelt it out to here very politely and forcefully and made here realise that a Mandate is not the Law. I stressed that is was the height of EVIL the way these five Electric Power Companies were using the Victorian Government mandate in a truly bullying way and stating that their Victorian customers had to have a Microwave smart meter. I stressed that these now disgraceful and endemic bullying and downright lying tactics were not only evil but illegal, and those officers using these bullying tactics could be prosecuted under the Law and even end up getting a prison sentence.

This really shook up the minion to whom I was talking. I was lucky that she did not argue with me. I managed to get her full Christian name and surname and put her on notice that I would take this matter to my lawyer and start Criminal Proceedings against her direct boss Mr Hugh Gleeson himself the C.E.O of United Energy Distribution if I received any more complaints regarding these truly disgraceful tactics still being employed by this company she worked for. Now I will have to wait and see what happens.

Keep on fighting Reef Girl !
      These blighters are all cowards, they leave me alone now as I have hit them with truly MASSIVE FINES. Your polite persistence will pay off as it has for me.

• 1vimana1 says:

Right now in Britain,
      And the rest of the United Kingdom and after long and detailed discussions with Britain’s Parliamentary leaders M.P’s and Doctors of Medicine and Radio Medical Scientists etc., the continuing roll-out of the Microwave so-called Smart Meters, HAS NOW BEEN BANNED, under Strict Orders from Parliament, for a minimum of eighteen months to two years. This is in order for far deeper examinations of the fast growing health problems and concerns of all United Kingdom Electricity Customers to be properly and thoroughly examined. This is in light of these now seemingly cancer causing Type 2B Microwave so-called,but far from ‘Smart Meters.”

This entails the distinct possibility of all Microwave so-called Smart Meters having to be banned for good and the return to the already Proven to be Safe and Passive Analog Electric Meters, after this compulsory examination has been concluded by this large panel of expert examiners.

This is exactly what we in Victoria Australia Desperately Need Right Now !
      How many more people here in Victoria will be made even more sick by these Microwave so-called smart meters, and or how many more private homes or small businesses will have fires breaking out in their Electric Meter Boxes after the insane installation of these now proving to be in mounting numbers of cases, Microwave Incendiary not so smart meters? How many more occupants will suffer Tinnitus, which is ringing in the ears, and or bloody noses and or increasing cancers and or muscles spasms, and or acute insomnia etc., after these Accursed and Dopey not so smart meters have been installed ?

How many more private and or small business owners are going to suffer from these ACCURSED and forced Microwave Rays beaming through their adult and children’s bodies and the bodies of all living things before all of these Health Wrecking Devices are Banned for good, and the whole of Victoria returns to the Safe and Passive Analog Electric Analog Meters ? That is the BURNING QUESTION !

• Reef girl says:

Thanks for your support 1vimana1 – how I wish our government would start acting responsibly and make public health concerns a priority like in the UK! Admit they got it wrong (and they know they have) and stop burying their heads in the sand over the matter. Only then can we take them at their word or believe anything they have to say.

12. peterrocker says:

As I reported the other day, I received a phone call on last Saturday afternoon from United Energy about making an appointment for Jemena to install the so called Smart Meter.
    Now, in today’s mail I received the latest salvo from United Energy with an amazing amount of updated material about how safe & wonderful the Meter is. Pages & pages of such soothing bovine excreta.

13. Dee says:

brilliant. i have been left alone for 2 months now. but i know they’ll be back

• 1vimana1 says:

Dee,
      Please firstly, padlock your Electricity Meter Box straight away and get up your Anti Trespass $167,000:00 Legal Common Law Signs in that order. That’s a good start.

• Bella says:

I would like the details of step 2 – the anti trespass signs that you mention. I have completed step 1 (locking of the meter box)

14. Rik says:

I might copy and edit then send to my power company. They sent smart meter installers 2x in 2 weeks. It’s harassment now. If I get another installer in the next few weeks I’m going to take them to court for harassment and try to get a restraining order. There is nothing in the law to say we have to get one of those stupid meters so why all the harassment?