“Leave me be SP AusNet, you have harmed me enough already!”

Hello all, I live in St.Andrews Vic. 3761. I have all the signage displayed re trespassing and smart meter refusal etc…Due my physical disabilities I wasn’t able to put a padlocked box over my analogue meter, but I did the best I could and managed to attach a plastic coated wire draw (the type that sits in a frame in wardrobes etc..) over the meter, but no padlock.

I have refused the installation once before in Feb.’13 and ignored a letter asking that access to my veranda be made for installation (I think this meant that my car was in the way, but I’m not sure). I wrote to Danielle Green MP last week asking for support, she passed me onto Cindy McLeish, MP for Seymour, it is now the 29th Nov and I am still awaiting a reply.

I am 47, live with two other ladies 81 and 75yr olds, my home is registered medical heating/cooling dependent due to medical conditions, and we depend on an electrical pump to provide running water from our tank to the house.

I bumped into the Smart Meter installer contractor in my front yard on Tuesday morning (19th,Nov. 13). During our peaceful diplomatic chat he said he was told “to ignore all No Trespassing signs etc..and that (due to OHS), an industrial approved padlock on meter boxes was going to become law. Because I have refused twice now my home has been upgraded to a priority for installation and if I don’t accept the smart meter I will be fined and my power will be cut off”.

He was a nice man who admitted that his job was taking a toll on his mental health due to the many threatening situations he had been in and he wasn’t sure how much longer he could keep doing it. His knowledge on smart meters was limited and I was able to give him a crash education sessions …..he was surprised at what he learnt. I directed him to stopsmartmeters.com.au website for further reading. He also told me that…. *If I hadn’t been home he would have installed the meter *that my analogue meter belonged to Ausnet and they can do what they want with it (is that true?) * he had only earned $6.oo because I refused him work *that the installers have a master key to the industrial approved padlocks (therefore avoiding breaking and entering) *And that there were only two others in my town who have refused installation.

I don’t know who these others are. I am in email contact with a Stop
Smart Meters Australia member who lives in Whittlesea and have this website
for support. When I spoke to the contractor I felt the voice of many moving through me and I felt empowered and honoured that I was able to speak in the defence of others as well as myself. I wonder though just how far I can go and if I need to camp out 24/7 on my own veranda just so I can send them away next time they come to install the Dumb Meter.

Leave me be SP AusNet, You have harmed me enough already!
With best wishes and thanks to everyone, good luck, and hang in there…..I still am :)

Liz

This entry was posted in Smart Meter and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

144 Responses to “Leave me be SP AusNet, you have harmed me enough already!”

1. Dear Readers,
    Please pass this $1.1 Million Dollar ” NOTICE OF PROHIBITION OF UNDUE HARASSMENT OR COERCION FOR SMART METER INSTALLATION. It’s from the A.C.C.C in Canberra and over-rules all state laws. I used this to get rid f the Smart Meter read here not so smart meter they of Powercor wanted to force on my property. I have my Private Electric Meter Box padlocked and it is still padlocked and the Legal Commonwealth of Australia Signs for a $167,000 Dollar fee are on this same notice and a copy of it on my front fence.

Here is the Legal Commonwealth of Australia Sign for $1.1 Million Dollars from the A.C.C.C.

(DATE)

(INSERT OWN NAME)
    (ADDRESS)

(Insert name and
    Address of Power Distributor)

This notice is provided to _______________________________________________ and any persons, entities,
    (Insert Power distributor name and ACN no off letter you received)
    Employees, associates, corporations, sub-contractors and agents of the fore mentioned (herein referred to as Your Company).
    Notice to agent is notice to principal.

Note: This notice is provided in addition and following a NOTICE OF PROHIBITION FOR
    SMART METER INSTALLATION (date of your first letter) and NOTICE Your Company’s
    INTENTION TO DISHONOUR AND VIOLATE PROHIBITION FOR SMART METER
    INSTALLATION NOTICE (date of your letter received from Power Distributor after) served on Your Company.
    Your Company is prohibited and forbidden from communication in any manner, with the intent to solicit for the installation of a “smart meter” or meter containing wireless communication function(s) at the following (service) address: (Insert your address). Such an act is herein referred to as a PROHIBITED ACT.
    I have lawful and legal standing and claim of right to make such a demand.

Any PROHIBITED ACT will be considered an act of undue harassment or coercion with the supply or possible supply of goods or services as defined by the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (CTH) Vol. 3, Ch. 4, PT> 4-1, Div. 5 Sec. 168; such an offence carries a penalty of $1.1,000,000:00 One point one Million Dollars. If Your Company is in any way directed by the Government (State of Victoria) and State of Victoria Corporation to perform such an offence, the Government and individual members are liable under tort may in addition be held vicariously liable.
    Any PROHIBITED ACT remains prohibited unless I provide a NOTICE OF CESSATION OF PROHIBITION explicitly annulling this notice, or following a sale of property and change of property title holder for the property in question.
    A copy of this notice will also be provided for their records to (via regular mail):
    1. Customer Relations, DPI,
    2. Minister Nicholas Kotsiras, Government in the State of Victoria.

If a response to this notice containing any dispute of facts or CLAIM OF RIGHT based on lawful claim of right is not received within fourteen days from Your Company, it shall be fact that you accept as fact this notice and facts contained within, and will honour this notice; such requiring no further action on your behalf.

Sincerely

____________ __________________ __________________
    (Your SIGNATURE) (Witness to your Signature) Print Witnesses name)

2. Is it too late to hope,
    Are the Flood Gates of Public righteous anger finally washing around the clay feet of our Minister for Power and Resources Mr Nicholas Kotsiras who has today, ( See Herald Sun Page five ) – February the third 2014; made his first acknowledgement of the disgraceful way the five foreign owned Power Companies have been treating us for so long?
    Minister Kotsiras has now increased the penalty on all Power Distributors in Victoria from $250.00 dollars per day to $500.00 dollars per day when those power companies wrongfully disconnect the electric power of any private citizen or small business. No power company can lawfully disconnect any person under – The Essential Services Act – for any reason,except where that person refuses to pay their power bill.
    Will Minister Nicholas Kotsiras now do the just and honourable thing and immediately order the five foreign power companies and their Chief Executive Officers as well as individual Smart Meter Installers to stop their, Intimidating, Lying, Harassing and Bullying those of us who Lawfully refuse to accept a Smart Meter?

Minister Nicholas Kotsiras must now explain to each and every Chief Executive of the five foreign owned power companies that they will be charged and prosecuted under Brodie’s Law – see Justice Department Victoria June 2011 where the penalty for bullying is up to ten years jail for any person found guilty of bullying by a Court of Law. Please note, no one is Immune from Brodie’s Law when they are found guilty of bullying, not the Highest in the Land nor the Lowest, nor are they immune from prosecution be they a Minister or a Premier.

Minister Kotsiras you cannot serve two masters for you will Love one, and Hate the other.
    We the people of Victoria are your masters and you sir are our Servant. You cannot serve both the overseas corporations and us, or you will have a Conflict of Interest which will oblige you to immediately resign as Minister for Power and Resources and watch as another minister takes your place, namely a man or woman whose first allegiance is to us The Citizens of Victoria.

Henry Leschen.

3. Darren says:

Hi all,

I had a United Energy Smart Meter installer sneak onto my property on Saturday (7th Dec). I wandered around to ask him what he was doing and why he ignored the “Do Not Install” and Trespassing signs. He ignored me at the start and continued working on the meter with his back to me. As it turned out, I captured the whole incident on my CCTV camera. A few seconds later he swung around and was instantly confronting and abusive, yelling and ranting, threatening to throw me on the ground, intimidating me with F#$%^ swear words and yelling in my face, making obscene sexual gestures with his hands and tongue, bullying me and pointing in my face, teasing me with his high-pitched sounds and laughs and daring me to lay a hand on him, lying to me by telling me his name was “Frank Sinatra” and not giving me his real name, yet refusing to get off my property, and being an all-round abusive Smart Meter installer thug. This was all in front of my wife and 2 year old daughter who was watching her daddy being abused by this guy through the wire door, after the incident she was crying, quite scared distraught as you can imagine. It took some time to console her afterwards.

Towards the end he tells me that I am lucky that there is a camera there. I assume otherwise I would have been assaulted physically. And then he is even threatening me to come out into the street (away from the camera) to “sort it out”. Its quite funny that he considered me to be threatening him. I am not accustomed to such intimidation, I think I handled myself as best as possible under the circumstances.

This guy did not care about anything or anyone, he was going to install the damn Smart Meter or it seems fight me for it. This is a familiar story for many. Sadly, the meter is now installed 2 meters from my bedroom window where I sleep.

This kind of abuse is widespread for Victorians by Smart meter installers. The bullying and threatening behavior to get their damn Smart Meters installed “by hook or by crook” cannot continue. Something must be done. It has to stop here.

Listen to 3AW tomorrow morning. They are interviewing me. Watch A Current Affair tomorrow night . They have told me they are going to show the footage. I have asked for my face not to be shown as i am a professional and my employer would not be happy. I just hope that the right information is brought to light on this fiasco.

• Disgusted says:

I really hope they do show the footage, Darren. There has to be an end to this nightmare – to scare a child like that, criminal!! My thoughts are with you and your family. That guy was way out of line…I’m speechless and extremely angry that this is happening at all. Let’s hope the media can help this time in exposing the facts and creating awareness of the bullying, but most of all to get rid of this creep!!!

• To Disgusted,
        This is Richard, Henry’s twin brother writing on Henry’s site as something has gone wrong with my S.S.M.A Site and won’t record my messages why,????? I don’t know.
        This trying to force these now proving to be Deadly to Human and Animal and all Life here in Victoria Australia and world wide with these Electric Microwave and actually far from smart meters, is a disgrace. It shows the firstly that the C.E.O’s of these foreign owned Electric Power Companies are CORRUPT and are only after money and couldn’t care less about your health.

These same C.E.O’s have also been driven to this by firstly the John Brumby Corrupt Labour Government back in 2009 and now by this also proving to be Corrupt Victorian Liberal Party Government, hell bent on Monetary Profit who just like Labour showed no Due Care for the health of the Victorian Public. For these SINS of OMMISSION alone the above parties need to be massively fined and imprisoned for up to fifty (50) years with no remission for good behaviour.

Signed,

Richard Leschen.

Darren, I’m assuming your meter box had not been locked.

If it was locked and this bloke did a break and enter, I may be able to help you out with some recent audio of UE personnel stating that installers won’t break locks or break into boxes.

Hoping you get positive publicity tomorrow to assist you get to get this vile device removed and that this bastard installer ends up being dealt with good and proper.

United Energy need to have their face wiped thru the dirt.

• spruce says:

When they came to my place in my yard I intimidated them and they left.
      These gutless parasites only seem to stand over the elderly or the meek.
      We all have a right to defend ourselves, our family and our property if you are being physically threatened attack is the best form of defense. If you don’t have the chops for a punch up then get creative, grow some balls and defend yourselves.

4. Eric says:

Today I bumped into a woman in a Coles supermarket and got talking. She couldn’t find anything she wanted and most of the groceries were “Coles” brand. I mentioned that then it’s probably from overseas or has overseas ingredients. The woman said she was a bit fed up with the way things are going. I said to her, I suppose they’ve put a smart meter in your place have they? She said she’d held off as long as she could. I asked her what happened. I said to her “they told you you had to have it didn’t they?” The VERMIN SCUM in this instance was Jemena. She told me that she was told she had to have it, it was from the government and if she didn’t have it, her power would be cut off. I said to her that’s bullying, thuggery and intimidation. I asked her “do you know what the reason is that they act in that way and say those things to you ?”. I said “it’s so you can do the very thing that you’ve done. You have done the very thing that they intended for you to do and that was for YOU to become intimidated and TO ALLOW them to come in and do their dirty deed”. The lady said “that’s exactly what I ended up doing, I couldn’t fight it anymore.” I replied to her, “well my box is locked and it’s staying locked”. She said “good on you” and expressed how she was really concerned about smart meter wireless transmissions going through her house and how she would be effected…really concerned she was. Jemena are dirty filthy SCUM making a person live like this. This is a crime against humanity, nothing less. Just like I have a right not to have a smart meter and I HAVE EXERCISED THAT RIGHT, the people who have had a smart meter FORCED upon them against their will through deceit have just as much right as myself to not have to live with that device and thus we must find a way to see these stinking devices already installed, REMOVED….by hook or by crook. We must not accept the thinking “oh well it’s installed now, there’s nothing we can do about it”. Don’t anybody allow yourself to start thinking this way. As far as I am concerned, it doesn’t stop with the abolishment of smart meters……..Jemena and her filthy sisters, deserve to have their very existence terminated from the face of the earth.

• Gwen says:

Hear hear Eric. Very well put. It’s very upsetting hearing how people are being duped. Good on you for taking the time to talk to people about these lying hounds!

• Citizen for democracy says:

I totally agree, Eric. The entire wireless smart grid needs to be dismantled – Victorians, young and old, deserve nothing less!

• Freedom Rules says:

Great Stuff!

• # Annoyed says:

Unfortunately, there is a LOT of complacency and ignorance from the public about the detriments of the SMI issue. I get the “There’s nothing wrong with them” spiel and “It’s done now anyway” line. I got another letter in the mail “To the Occupier of Lot # blah blah” from United Energy yesterday so I immediately put “Return to sender” unopened and re-posted back.

# Annoyed, the UE letter was probably an installation letter with dates 09/12/13 to 20/12/13. I assume you’re locked up but please be on the lookout.

• Good work on your part Mr or is that Mrs Annoyed ! It might take them a long time to work out whey their cheeky mail was sent back to this truly silly person.

5. david wilson says:

Yes. I sleep in a room which has the meter box on its wall. I am a cancer sufferer and, so far, survivor. I have been advised to limit my exposure to electro magnetic radiation, not even sleeping with a mobile next to the bed ! My house is not large…..I cannot move sleeping quarters…..my bedroom has been refigured to help one with throat and sinus problems and I do not have the space or money to fix up another sleeping area.
    My gate will be padlocked, my truck in the drive.

6. DJ says:

I believe the best way of handling this is not to rely on any damm political party, government, opposition, etc. They will do nothing about this except lie to us all. This needs to be tested in a court of law and surely the decision would be in our favour. How could it not? So please everybody put your money where your mouth is and lets get on with this legal action.

7. John Wilson says:

Exactly Richard:)
    If the 90,000 objectors were to lay charges then it would become very worrisome to the corporation, and I might add, to the government as it sees votes disappearing. Add to that people who have had their rights overridden also laying charges then you have a massive movement of very unhappy people

• This Letter is from Twin Richard Number 1. on Henry’s SSMA Site.

Victorian Australians and Canadians Are Being Experimented On – Without Their Knowledge or Consent! Regarding Microwave and not-so-smart-meters.

Dear Mr Nicholas Kotsiras and Mr Dennis Napthine and other readers,
      This letter I have sent to Mr Nicholas Kotsiras the Victorian Minister for Energy and Resources and to his boss the Premier Mr Dennis Napthine as well.

Dear Mr Nicholas Kotsiras and Mr Dennis Napthine,
      Just as in Victoria Australia, so the Canadians at present are being treated like the subjects of Doctor Mengele the Nazi Jew Hater who wickedly experimented on live humans in Hitler’s’ many Gefängnise Lagers = German Prison of War Internment Camps during World War Two.

Please stop the continuing Roll-Out of the Microwave and far from Smart Electric Meters IMMEDIATELY Mr Nicholas Kotsiras and Mr Dennis Napthine and replace all of the Safe and Passive Analog Electric Meters so far taken and or stolen from the people of Victoria. Please charge the cost of the removal of these Accursed and Poisonous Type 2B Carcinogen Causing Microwave but far from ‘Smart Electric Meters’ and the reinstalment of the Safe and Passive Analog Electric Meters to the five foreign owned Electric Power Companies here in Victoria.

Just as Victoria Australia’s People are Now are Being Wickedly Treated, Without Their Knowledge or Consent, Canadians Are Also Being Experimented On – Without Their Knowledge or Consent! Regarding Microwave and Not-So-Smart-Meters Microwave Electric Meters.

When will this Victorian Government and their Ministers for Energy and Resources and the Foreign owned Power Companies’ C.E.O’s stop their purposefully choosing to be selectively blind to the truly deadly effects of these accursed Microwave so-called Smart Meters. These so-called Smart Meters are not SMART in any way at all. When will these so mentioned Victorian Government officers and the five foreign owned Electric Power Company C.E.O’s , stop kidding themselves that these dopey so-called Smart Meters are safe for humans ? When will these Victorian Government Ministers wake up to themselves ? These dopey and Deadly to All Life Type 2B Carcinogen Causing Machines are now being proven deadly to all life, all over the Earth.

This Victorian Government will gain huge financial rewards from this Wicked and Undemocratic and continuing Roll-Out of these very dangerous so-called but far from Smart Electric Microwave Meters, but sadly as is now being proven right now at the shocking expense to the Health and Welfare of Victoria’s’ private home and small business owners.
      They this incumbent Victorian Liberal Party Government as did the past Victorian Labour Government and the then and now present C.E.O’s of these five foreign owned Electric Power Companies seem to be blind to the cruelty they are imposing upon their customers which is a truly Immoral and Wicked thing to do, for they are seemingly only in this ‘’For The Money,’’ as they continue to act in what is very clear even to Blind Freddie are both Criminal and Bullying ways by seeking to force these accursed and dopey machine upon the Victorian private home and small business owners.

Note well that Brodie’s Law was enacted in June 2011 in Victoria and all of the States of Australia after a dear sweet young lady named Brody Panlock committed SUICIDE after being continually BULLIED and HARASSED at work for a long time.
      Note well Mr Nicholas Kotsiras and Mr Dennis Napthine and every C.E.O of these five foreign owned Electric Power Companies and their minions, that I now accused every one of you of continually Bullying the Victorian private home and small business owners such as me and my brother of these same and Wicked Acts.

I am looking forward to the day when under Common Class Action we the people of Victoria can drag each and every one of you into COURT and after your having been given a FAIR TRIAL before a JUDGE and a Jury of Twelve (12) Straight Men and True. Then if you so named and now shamed are proven to be guilty each of you and your minions trying to force these now proving to be Type 2B Microwave Carcinogen Electric Meters upon us will receive up to TEN (10) years in prison with no remission for good behaviour. The same Common Class Action will be meted out to Mr John Brumby and his past Minister for Energy and Resources Mr Peter Batchelor and to the past Victorian Liberal Party Premier Mr Ted Baillieu the past Premier of Victoria and to his past Minister for Power Mr Michael O’Brien and to you Mr Dennis Napthine and to your Minister for Energy and Resources Mr Nicholas Kotsiras who being of Greek parentage and culture has no excuse for not understanding DEMOCRACY and its implications which he like you and those aforementioned have failed miserably to abide by, in constantly trying to force these Type 2B Electric Microwave Carcinogen meters onto the privately owned home and small business people of Victoria.

I and now hundreds of thousands of us and in ever increasing numbers have padlocked our Electric Meter Boxes to stop the still-continuing enforcement of this Microwave Filth upon those of us who refuse to accept these latest Evil Tools of this present Victorian Cruel and far from Liberal Party Government and the also Cruel past Victorian Labor Party both Rapinely Greedy ‘Money Grubbing Governments’ and also Money Grubbing foreign owned five (5) Electric Power Companies C.E.O’ and their complicitly supporting minions.

Sincerely,

Richard Leschen.

• Richard’s reply to Mr John Wilson on Henry’s S.S.M.A Contributing Site.
      Well said Mr John Wilson, as you said Mr John Wilson.
      ” If the 90,000 objectors were to lay charges then it would become very worrisome to the corporations etc.” Well said Mr John Wilson.

8. Grumpy old bat. says:

Linda, YES, of course the Labour Government will sell their souls to win the next election! But AFTER the election? They will just continue with the SAME globalist AMI agenda and probably MUCH WORSE. The very same thing happened before the Liberal Government came into power; Ted Bailleau and Michael O’Brien gave every indication they would stop the AMI. But as soon as they got into power – and after some theatrical deliberations with the conniving ESV – they continued with the roll out in accordance with the demands of their Corporate masters. Similarly, the LIberals are now using a Moratorium to temporarily halt the Fracking until 2016, because they know continuing with it will lose them the next election. (“Yes Minister.”) Do the campaign planners think we are so stupid that we cant see what they are up to? We can’t trust any of the main parties actions before elections, they have proved that they will promise the voters anything…….UNTIL the election is in the bag for them. I have lost faith in any of the Parties unless they can be legally held accountable and IMMEDIATELY ditched if they break election promises.

• As I have no faith in either the Victorian Labour Party or the Liberal Party now who continually Bow Down to Overseas Owned Private Power Companies and some other businesses, we need a brand new Victorian Political Party built by the Victorian People of the Victorian People and expressly for the Victorian People or Plebiscite as it was known in Democratic Greece. And I say to HELL with most BIG BUSINESS which are now so often, seemingly ROTTEN TO THE CORE !

Richard L.

• I say to you,
        Watch out you five (5) foreign owned Electric Power Companies C.E.O’s and the rest of your minions here in Victoria and this also complicit Victorian Liberal Party Government’s reign of Stealing ever more cash from our already cash strapped pockets draweth nigh and very soon to a close.

Just as we the people of Victoria Tossed out the Victorian John BrumbyLabour Party, we’ll toss you out of office Mr Nicholas Kotsiras and your boss Mr Dennis Napthine for putting the love of Filthy Lucre or money way ahead of looking after us Your Masters Health and Wellbeing. For like the past Labour Victorian Government chose to serve the five foreign owned Electric Power Companies Foreign Masters and C.E.O’s of these five overseas owned Electric Power companies owned by China and Singapore, you this Victorian Liberal Party still choose to Lick-Spittle to these cruel and unprincipled foreigners, instead of obeying us Your Masters the common people of Victoria to whom it is your bounden duty of firstly looking after us the people of Victoria’s Primary needs of looking after out Health and Welfare.

• Gwen says:

Unfortunately I agree with everything you have so succinctly said Grumpy. Every word is true because we have seen with our own eyes and heard with our own ears all of their lies. Until they are held accountable, we must obstruct their agenda in whatever way we can. Thank you SSMA.

• Gwen and all readers,
        Look up Brodie’s Law on the Google Web-Site. Using this Brodie’s Law you have more power than any of these five overseas owned Electric Power Company C.E.O’s and their minions and this Victorian Liberal Party Government combined. Using Brodie’s Law, now effective in every State of Australia, which first came into force here in Victoria, persistent bullies in the work-place or anywhere at all, when taken to COURT and tried, those found guilty will face up to a ten (10) year prison sentence. So when these cruel people from the foreign owned Electric Power Companies bully you, let them know about this law, after you have examined it using the Google search engine as I have done. Brodie’s Law is very powerful indeed. Firstly Padlock your Electric Meter Box and only then get up your Commonwealth of Australia $167,000 Dollar Legal Anti Trespass and Stop Do Not Fit a Smart Meter to this property Signs, one on your Electric Meter Box and the other on your front fence or gate.

9. Concerned says:

Julie – I would also like some form of response from SSMA – I haven’t heard from anyone and I still have my analogue meter. 31/13 is coming up fast. Will we be forced to have a smart meter? Please SSMA, let us know what we are supposed to do.

• Julie Santall says:

I hate to tell you but yes, they’ll get you like they did us… When you aren’t at home. And if you ring up and question the legality, they’ll tell you that since the equipment belongs to them, they have legal recourse to access it at any time… Despite the fact that it’s on your property… Which leads me to think that even your rights as a citizen to privacy is null and void, and threatens your democratic right to choose who comes onto your land and home. I deeply suspicious of this zealous urgency to fit smart meters in everyone’s home… When else does the government or even utility companies do anything with such fervour and urgency? And it’s happening in America and uk as well….. Funny that..
      Since the smart meter has been fitted I am aware of this constant high level ringing. There is no evidence to show that they are safe and plenty to say that they are not, and yet I have no choice as a citizen to say no.

• Concerned says:

Julie – Thanks but I just wish SSMA would address this as you have. Mine will also be next to my bedroom if they put one in and I can not afford to do anything about it. I have spent lots on solicitor and I am on refusal list I think. Julie, only thing I can suggest you do is join in the SSMA CLASS ACTION – at least get your name on the list.

• Julie,
        You do have the right to “SAY NO !” to these typical Pirates Of The Suburbs, who illegally steal the Safe and Passive Analog Electric Meter from your Meter Box. They cannot prove they own the Analog Meter anyway. I asked for proof from Powercor for our area and they could not prove they owned this Analog Meter in my Meter Box. Therefore they had no proof of ownership, therefore the Analog Electric Meter’s Mine, End Of STORY !

You should have padlocked your Electricity Meter Box with a Stout Padlock as I have done and many thousands of us are doing every day. The fact that they came onto your property is ILLEGAL if you had posted on your front fence and on your electric meter box the Commonwealth Anti Trespass Signs warning of a $167,000 Dollar Fine for trespassers.

• Diane Roberts says:

Hi
          I have a no tresspass sign, locked meter box and Letter on my meter box. Are they just opening peoples padlocks and putting smart meters in?

• TPG says:

Diane, my meter box is locked with a strong padlock and it has a glass window so the meter can be read without opening the meter box. The screws holding the padlock latch in place have been covered to prevent their removal. It has been that way ever since they started rolling out smart meters. There is no evidence that anyone has tried to tamper with the box. I have read some stories on here about cowboy installers using bullying tactics in order to coerce people into opening their meter box, but I do not know of any actually busting open a locked one.

As for my experience with an installer, I must be lucky. After several threatening BS letters from SP AusNet, the young chap who came to change my meter was a gentleman, who politely left when I explained to him that there is no LAW to enforce consumers to have one. I told him that if SP AusNet is telling installers there is a law, they are BS-ing them as much as they are BS-ing customers. He said fair enough, smiled and left.

I strongly suggest that locked meter boxes have glass or perspex windows through which the meter can be read. They do have a right to be able to read the meter when they need to. We don’t want to unnecessarily make our position weak by making it impossible for them to read their meters. They are supplying electricity, we are using it. They are entitled to bill us for what we use and they need to read the meter. This fight is about not allowing them access to install a smart meter, it is not about stopping them reading the analogue meters.

Lock your meter box securely and attach a laminated sign of non consent to the outside of the box. Then work out the arrangement so the meter can be read. See here…..
      Don’t accept that they’ll eventually get you because then you have caused yourself to be defeated even before anyone fired a shot at you. The above strategy works. We don’t know how it’s all going to play out exactly but you must lock up and hold fast at this time.

• Paul says:

No you won’t be forced Julie. Put a good strong padlock on your meter box. If you don’t have a meter box, hire a handyman to place a frame around the meter with a 10mm thick perspex window permanently fixed into it, as I have done, for the meter reader to read it. They can only cut off your power if you haven’t paid your bill. If they attempt to break into your property they can be held legally (and criminally) responsible, so ensure you have the appropriate signage as well (they’re available on this website).
      Paul

• To concerned, the rollout has been extended to 30th June 2014, according to the Herald Sun articles recently, on the subject.

• Good People,
      Don’t panic. Nobody can force you to take a now proving to be dopey and Deadly To All Life Criminal Type 2B Carcinogen Causing so-called Smart meter, in what is still a Democracy, although these now seemingly to be CORRUPT Victorian Liberal and Labor Parties have turned out to be.

Both of these Victorian Liberal and Labor Governments no longer represent US, THEIR MASTERS as both parties are purely and Evilly Profit Driven, showing No Duty Of Care for our Health or Welfare towards US, THEIR MASTERS, WHICH WE THE PEOPLE ARE !

Soon cometh the downfall of these truly dishonourable Ministers for Energy and Resources going back to the John Brumby Labor Government and every one of them from Mr Peter Batchelor to Mr Michael O’Brien and this present one named Mr Nicholas Kotsiras. They and the C.E.O’s of these five foreign owned Electric Power Companies and their ilk are seemingly to be “In Bed With One Another Playing out “The HARLOT, THAT’S FOR SURE ! ” as they continue to bully and terrorise Victorians to accept these Evil Deadly and far from Smart Electric meters which are now seeming to be here in Victoria and Worldwide as well to be Type 2B Carcinogen Causing Electric Meters to all Life on Earth. The World Health Organisation is very likely to, according to their latest findings having to raise the danger rating of these truly far from Smart Meters from their present danger level of type 2B to that of the more serious type 2A level, as not only the numbers of Microwave Sicknesses’ steadily climbs all over the Earth but the percentage goes from the old 3 to 6 per cent to the new higher figure of from three (3) to eight (8) per cent, a two per cent increase in less than three (3) years, a most alarming figure of increase when taken not only here in Victoria Australia, but World-Wide.

Sincerely,

Richard Leschen.

10. Stephnie says:

Hi Liz, good on you for taking a stand against having a smart meter installed. Congratulations to the other two people in your town that can also think for themselves. Master keys to the industrial approved padlocks avoids breaking and entering ? Get real,!! As long as you have your Private Property No Trespassing signs up, they are still entering onto YOUR PROPERTY WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT and ignoring these signs is against the law. The installers should be aware of this, It would be a very good idea to take up the very kind offer from Lance to help you secure your meter box. All the best Liz,

• My, Richard Twin brother’s reply on Henry’s S.S.M.A Web-Site.

Dear Liz,
      Master Keys to the industrial padlocks for the electric so-called ‘Smart Meters’ are the tools of these five (5) foreign owned Electric Power Companies so you can’t get to read the Electric Meters in your Electric Meter box if one of these Smart Meter Installer Men have fitted their Industrial Padlock to your Electric Meter Box which is your property. What a cheek these people have; this is Orwellian Control for sure.
      “Just who the Hell do they think they are?”
      These five foreign Electric Power Company C.E.O’s and the Smart Meter men are treating many of their electricity customers as if their customers are a pack of naughty children wanting to raid the cookie jar, or is that the lolly or sweeties jar.
      “Cooor, Love A Duck !” me old Cockney London mind doth think.

It’s these horrid “Stand-over” Victorian Liberal Party and past Labour Ministers for Energy and Resources like the incumbent Mr Nicholas Kotsiras and his like minded Rapinely Greedy Money Grubbing mates of the five foreign owned Electric Power Companies and their ilk making so many Victorian peoples’ lives a “Living Hell.”

Firstly comes the recently past C.E.O of Powercor Mr Shane Breheny who is now recently and possibly “In his cups” ( to quote William Shakespeare ) in his wine cellar/s and vineyard hobby business.

Mr Shane Brehney hadn’t the Guts to reply to respond to my five (5) or more polite and accurate letters of mine after Powercor’s unsuccessful bullying and harassing me to accept a Type 2B Microwave Carcinogen Causing and far from Smart Meter, for he must have been hiding behind Mrs Janet Hogarty skirts, getting her to write the letters he should have written to me but was too cowardly to write and put his signature to.
      Mrs Janet Hogarty was at that time as far as I understand, the head of the Publicity Department of Powercor.

These are the five present C.E.O’s of the various foreign owned Electric Power Companies. The first two are owned by China, which are run by a Mr Tim O’Rourke the new or replacement C.E.O of Powercor and City Power. The next three are owned by Singapore one of which is Mr Nino Ficca the C.E.O of SP AusNet. Next is Mr Hugh Gleeson the C.E.O of United Energy Distribution. Lastly comes Mr Paul Adams the C.E.O of Jemena, who I caught on the 3AW radio broadcast show with Mr Neil Mitchell questioning him. It was quite a revelation the way Mr Paul Adams tried to wriggle out of Mr Neil Mitchell’s good questions one of which was, “Then what is damaging some of these Electric Microwave so-called Smart Meters Mr Adams, and what is causing these reported Meter Box fires you speak of ?”
      Mr Neil Adams very cocky reply was that he believed that vandals were making holes in the top of these so-called Smart Meters and pouring acid into them and that he’d got the police to try to find these vandals. Actually these were mythical vandals, as in spite of the police’s diligent searching they have caught no vandals damaging these Microwave and far from smart electric meters. Mr Paul Adams seemed to me to have in most cases a ‘sneering tone of voice when “put on the spot’ by Mr Neil Mitchell the radio host of 3AW.

11. Chris says:

damn it is getting nasty. had a Powercor guy turn up today walking around and opening up all the power boxes from our units in the driveway. he looked like an unshaven slob in a yellow vest. He was on the phone in an excited voice saying “man theres 12 of em to do in here!” like he had just hit the jackpot. im sure he saw contractor $$$$ payments in his eyes. nonetheless a heated discussion took place and he was ushered away from my place, he was smirking and arrogant the whole time saying to me “mate youre wasting your time theyre gonna be installed whether you like it or not” . Then as if in some kind of defiance he just sat in his black car for 45 more minutes with his car door open in the driveway, refusing to drive off.

I got his numberplate. not sure if that will help as he didn’t actually install anything this time but now I fear they are lurking not far away.

This is all-out war.

• John M says:

@Chris “This all-out war.” In 1996, 400,000 possibilities of that ever happening, were permanently removed “to make the public safe”.

• Julie Santall says:

Peaceful resistance and civil disobedience will make a poin,t far more than violence. We make ourselves as bad as them if we stoop to violence. It takes people power, constant, intelligent, informed protest, and it won’t happen over night, and we shouldn’t back down.

• John M says:

@Julie Santall. No-one was advocating violence. It would largely be pointless in this country anyway when ultimate control of world events stem from the industrial military complex of USA.

• Julie,
          Violence is not needed. Simply use a good stout padlock and lock up your Electric Meter Box. You own it, not any of these foreign owned Electric power companies. Also note that if the smart meter installer man comes onto your property and you catch him in the act, you simply and firmly tell them to leave your property immediately and state that you will call the police or he will be charged with trespass as your Anti-Trespass signs are erected for all to see, with the $167,000 Dollar Fine clearly displayed.

Don’t shout at the smart meter installer man, as it shows lack of control. You own the property so he is duty bound to leave your property the moment you tell him to.

• Chris,
      You have to get your immediate neighbours to padlock all of their electric meter boxes. Please make sure you padlock your own Electric meter box on your block of units. Try to get hold of everybody in your block pronto, and warn them all of the real danger they are in if they give into this as you said, ” unshaven slob in a yellow vest.”

Many people have been troubled by Powercor who contract these Pirates of the suburbs by City Power and SP AusNet and Jemena and United Energy to Illegally force these Sickness Making dopey and far from Smart Microwave Meters onto people..

If the others in your driveway don’t want to, or are too lazy to padlock their Electric meter boxes, make sure you padlock yours anyway with a good strong padlock and get up your Legal Commonwealth Anti-Trespass signs from the Commonwealth of Australia in Canberra with the $167,000 Dollar Fine posted there on. Also put a sign on the front gate or pillars to your property. See this S.S.M.A website for the above mentioned STOP DO NOT FIT A SMART METER SIGN.

• Chris says:

My box is locked up like a fortress. Both of my neighbours are worded up and have done the same. I printed out some articles from this site and dropped them in the letterboxes of the other 10 units….they are all talking about it now which is a good thing and doing their own research. People have to wake up themselves to this travesty on their own but I think I gave them a few good leads 😉

12. Linda Nemeth says:

Let’s all sit this one out till 31 December. I have it on good authority that the Liberal government has no chance of retaining office at the next election. That’s our bargaining chip. What we need is to get the Labour Party on side. They’ll sell their souls to win office!

• Let's take our power back says:

Don’t want or trust labour either, they started this

No, no, no, Linda (and others)!!! The Labor party will also sell us down the river just as Liberal has done !

I don’t know which party to vote for, but don’t vote for either of these major parties – just ask their members what their stance is on smart meters and you will see that neither is worthy of being voted back in to run Victoria.

• Peter says:

Just remember it was the Brumby Labour Government that signed off on the Smart meter program. You are right Linda, they will “sell their souls” to win Government; but this should not give us any comfort. Anyone who “sells their soul” will happily renege on a promise.
      Stand firm, and put the pressure on ALL political Parties. The Government will not be wanting any “issues” in the lead up to an election. This is why they want the smart meter roll-out “done and dusted” by the end of this year. Everyone must contact their local Member of Parliament.

• Marta says:

Yeah sooooooooo, and what is going to change if Labor Party win office… I will tell you, nothing… They will push the same agenda of smart meter installation…. Remember Labor were the ones to sign the contracts for all this mess to get going in the first place!!!!

• malcolm says:

Wrong. It was the labor gov that introduced these stupid meters. Dont expect any change!!!!!

• Malcolm,
        Kick out both the Victorian Labour Party and the Liberal Victorian Party. Both are now known as deserters of any promises they make to the public. If you want a good stable and caring Victorian Government, you in Victoria, the Plebiscite, are going to have to form one for yourselves.

• Jason says:

See how they get you in??!
      They don’t have a soul to sell!
      ….except yours ~ to private industry/interest-groups.
      To manipulate politicians, you’ve GOT to think like a politician:- (yes, I realise they are mutually-exclusive terms!)

Promise BOTH sides they’ll get your vote…and then vote for an independent ~ or not at all.
      Get the idea? 😉
      ……but if it can be organised, and despite living in different electorates, if we can organise a committed voting-bloc of, say, 100,000 people (perhaps an on-line petition?) to direct with committed determination in WHATEVER direction is appropriate AT THE TIME (say 24 hours in advance of the election) that should create some leverage.
      Demand that the abolition of Smart Meter legislation be pushed through Parliament, say a MONTH before the election ….and make it clear that the FIRST Party to ….er, ‘come to the party’ gets the entire block of votes.

It wouldn’t take much to set up. Some IT whizkid that could organise a suitable registration/commitment sort of website or whatever (anyone got a five-year-old they could lend the cause? 😆 ), two to three people to do the actual ‘negotiating’ aka hardballing and some sort of committee to keep it all on track and cohesive.
      Offers? Ideas?

• Seeing it was the Labor Party Government that started this mess, I wouldn’t hold your breath! It seems both major parties have sold out to big business.

• Kate says:

Yes, but the next election isn’t for 3 years. What on earth will the Libs bring in, as law, to enforce SM installation. That’s what scares me!

• Citizen for democracy says:

It’s not compulsory to vote for one of the 2 major parties!!

• John M says:

@Citizen for democracy. You would think it is the way things never seem to change. People just keep swing voting between the major parties when angry and disillusioned with current party in power. It’s a left vs right paradigm game that has been exploited for decades by politicians and those in power above them, against the ordinary people. People go and forth from one abuser to another and expect a different result next time.

This mass repeated stupidity has to stop. No-one should ever vote for Libs, Nationals, Labor, or Greens ever again. All these parties are following globalist and corporatist agenda’s which are detrimental to the sovereignty of this country and individual rights and freedoms, and eventually even ownership of personal property. They have all committed treasonous acts to bring us to where we are today and people should stop legitimizing what they do by voting for them.

• Chris says:

Best way would be to start an “Anti Smart-meter” party for the next voting paper. I’m confident you would get the votes

• John M says:

@Chris. A single issue party is largely seen as a joke by voters and the redistribution of votes when unsuccessful can often ultimately go where least wanted. What’s needed in Victoria and indeed all of Australia is new multiple issue party’s that are diametrically opposed to everything that is going on by these corporatist/green fascist aligned parties.
            Who knows if and when that will ever happen. We continue to get single issue party’s like the “Shooters Party” or “Sex Party” in such troubled times. The public is so far gone. 😦

• Don’t vote for the Labor or the Liberal Party as they are only interested in wickedly and unlawfully trying to force the dopey and now proving to be deadly electric and far from smart meters on the Victorian people. Both the Labor and Liberal parties want to keep ripping even more money out of every Victorian’s already cash-strapped pockets.

Both the Labor and Liberal Party have never shown any due care or consideration for firstly Victorians health or welfare even before the start of the roll-out of these now proving to be Deadly and Dopey so-called Smart Meters, which aren’t smart in any way at all, but are now, according to the World Health Authority and other august bodies of independent examination, now seemingly Type 2B Carcinogen Causing Machines.

Kate, we’re talking about the Victorian State election to be held in Nov 2014 ie. in 12 months time

• Paul says:

Kate, the next FEDERAL election is in 3 years. The STATE election is this time next year. So let’s all shove it to our local members.

13. Ange says:

My friend received a text message from Powercor, also advising her that they are coming next month and to confirm they have access to the property. She texted them back saying no way will they be granted access to her property, and if they attempted to remove the old meter, she would call the Police……They did not respond.
    Don’t give up. Stick to your guns. Over 75000 homes have refused the installation of the smart meter in Victoria.
    In regards to fines, they can’t fine you and they can’t cut off your electricity. These are just bullying tactics. By Law they cannot cut off your electricity if you are up to date with your bill. Only for willful non payment can they disconnect, and that is only after they engage with the home owner and try to negotiate reasonably to get them to pay their bill.
    They are talking about charging us a fee to read the meter…up to $150 a year…
    Padlock your box and put the signage all over it. My hubby even put a little window so they can still read the meter.

• John Wilson says:

Hi, I have written many times that these are private corporations that are breaching our Constitutional rights. However, Victoria has decided to be a cowboy and legislated their own 1985 Constitution without going through the Due process that requires a referendum and royal assent, so this Victorian constitution is invalid and also the 1855 Victorian constitution has never been repealed, hence it is the lawful constitution. It is nearly 2 years now since they tried to install one at my place and they were told under what lawful acts and Constitution they were breaching. When people have been told the government has mandated that they must be installed. They have lied to you. This government said basically to use every endeavour to get them installed. They did not say we the people have to accept them. Beside that even if the government did try and mandate it would be illegal. Only the people can mandate for it.
      A summary of Breaches.
      The Commonwealth Constitution 1900-1901 (the lawful Commonwealth constitution for the people of the Commonwealth of Australia.
      Breaches within the Commonwealth Crimes Act 1914
      Breaches of the Commonwealth Weights and Measures Act
      Breaches the Trade Practices Act (now the Competition and Consumer Act
      Just to name a few.
      They are leaving themselves open I believe to charges of extortion; intimidation and coercion and many other crimes. Victoria has invalidly and possible illegally sold of the public assets, i.e water power and gas but nothing will done until all people realise this and demand action. As Victoria has been acting as a trading corporation, using admiralty law to take over government from the people. The people are the government and the parliament is its servant and people are starting to realise this.

• John Wilson says:

As a further comment. As long as you are paying your bill they cannot disconnect without being faced with a breach of contract. Also they have no authority of governance and cannot fine you or apply similar charges. As to ownership. The house where I live was built in a time when the owner/builder was required to buy their meter and put in the box. This means that the meter belong to the property and I told PowerCor they would be charged with theft. They threatened to bring the police and my reply was that they too would be charged with trespass as they are a trading corporation in Victoria. there is no provision under the Constitution to corporatize government department as trading corporations.

• John Wilson says:

apologies not 1985 should have been 1975

• Act.now says:

Where do I learn about all this info? Are there any lawyers who a person could contact in a time of need who knows and supports the truth of all this? In order for us the citizens to fight for our independence and freedoms, we need the true facts….
          Many thanks

• Thanks for the great two write ups John.

Add to that
        Breaches of World Charter of Human Rights
        Breaches of 2006 Victorian Charter of Human Rights
        Breaches of Brodies Law

• Spot on Eric,
          Everybody please quote Brodie’s Law and breaches of the Victorian Human Rights and Responsibilities Act 2006, as well as the World Charter of Human Rights.
          What I have found when questioning these little boys and girls of what are truly the Lies and Spin departments or Publicity departments of these foreign owned Electric Power Companies of China and Singapore, is that the TRUTH is obviously kept from them so, be kind to these people who are too trusting of their teaches to these students determent in the near future, as their teachers continue to school them in Lying to us their Victorian Electricity Customers.

These their GUTLESS teachers I have caught out many a time and when the CRUNCH comes, great will be their fall, and that of their students of Lies as well. Will their bosses protect them when these too-trusting minions are all used up. No they will not, they will simply sack the lot of them and throw them onto the rubbish heap of detritus like used up little dollies and little teddy’s.

• Marta says:

We went all the way with securing our meter box! It sits right outside my bedroom wall and there is no way that I want a dumb meter emitting radiation into where I sleep each night! We have installed a solid clad metal made to order, specified CABINET that fits over the meter box cavity. We now have a metal door with clear perspex for reading the two meters that are necessary to be read for electrical use. The cabinet is bolted to the brick wall (dyna bolted) and comes with internal mechanism key and padlock. On the front of the cabinet we have printed out the STOP NO SMART METER sign! On Thursday we wrote to United Energy that in no uncertain terms ~ WE DO NOT CONSENT to having a smart meter installed! I hear stories of people’s electricity bills going up 50-60% with the smart meter ~ their “estimated” use determined by the smart meter! This whole thing is a lie and a fraud! It’s time MORE Victorians say NO to a smart meter!!!

14. MovingEntity says:

The fact is you are denying them access to their property (chattel). That is a legal wrong. You may be able to argue that due to medical needs, your power doesn’t get cut for breaching power distribution rules.
    This situation is why you are being ignored and hit-on.
    Regarding the medical needs to power, you have to register this status, else it will be ignored.

If you decide that you own the existing meter, then you need to assert that with a possessory-lien on State Electricity Commission, not SP Ausnet. The lien will put the onus on SEC to prove they owned the meter before selling it to SP Ausnet.

• Let's take our power back says:

MovingEntity. Let’s not talk about legally wrong. They have ignored our human and democratic rights in so many ways during this debacle, bullied people especially those more vulnerable, told lies, and stated “they are safe” repeatedly, yet there are so many cases and so much research with different view. I have never been a law breaker in any way, BUT believe me, I, like so many thousands of others WILL stand and fight against this all the way.

It is only illegal to deny them access to READ a meter or deny them access to inspect it.

• Paul says:

No! SP has to prove that they own the meter, not Liz! She has every right to refuse entry to her property. She is already registered as being dependent on electrical supply for medical reasons.

• Marta says:

The FACT is, we have CIVIL RIGHTS and FREE WILL to choose to say NO to a smart meter. We have the right to consent, or NOT consent to a smart meter! There is NO law that states you must have a smart meter! Where is the warranty that should come with a smart meter? Where is the insurance from their side, when things go wrong ie. smart meter blowing up, catching on fire, causing ill health to home occupants! You fail to realise that every land owner has a Certificate of Land TITLE and on it – it says this “ESTATE IN FEE SIMPLE”. For your information this means: the owner has the RIGHT to choose how to enjoy his or her land as they see fit. If we believe smart meters hinder the enjoyment of our land, then we have a lawful right to NOT CONSENT!!!!! Wake up and KNOW that every Australian has rights under the Australian Federal Constitution of 1901!

• Jason says:

If Ausnet is making the the claim of ownership, then the onus MUST be on them to prove it. I think a fight could be made of the issue legally if necessary.

• Chris says:

How do you apply for this “medical needs” exclusion? Who do I call? Do they require evidence? I have a 3 week old daughter that requires a humidifier to be run. That should be enough to get me on the exclusion list. Will they leave any medical exclusion addresses alone from installing a smart meter? Is this true?

• liz says:

Hi Chris, Obtain a power dependent for medical needs for from DHS. Take this form to you G.P. to fill out then post back. It is a simple/quick process and you may be untitled to a bill discount also. Good Luck. Liz

15. Chris says:

I think the general consensus is that you should remove the industrial approved padlock that gives them entry and put on a normal Lockwood, private keyed lock. Then it is breaking and entering if they force the lock off. You just have to stick it out until 31st Dec. If the meter reader comes around, then open the box for him to read, and if you’re not there the worst is that he will take an estimate. LOCK THE POWER BOX NOW! The installers know they cannot break and enter and will not try.

On a side note, I have brought a CCTV camera from ebay for $100 and it is sitting above my power box in the eaves. it records to a SD CARD anytime there is movement for the day. It will certainly aid as a deterrent!

You will have to make sure your camera is securely installed and cannot be removed as a dodgy smart meter installers will probably nick it because it has the recorded evidence that will incriminate him.
      Unless is it a camera that has the recorder as a separate unit at another location, rather than an all in one camera.

• Chris says:

I have 4 cameras now. all pointing at my driveway and power box, all being recorded to a hard drive box in my attic, and it is also on battery backup in case they pull the power, and a microphone above the box in the eaves recording also. I just also put a sign on my power box “SMILE for the CAMERA” 🙂 that should do it. If they come near my castle they will be spotted and recorded. Take that installer!

16. Rob Reiken says:

This harrassment is a crime against Humanity. With the no Trespass law requirement, put that signage next to your meter. With the up to $167,000 fine that can be imposed, take a photo with a current Herald Sun Newspaper for date of proof.
    I want to see someone shafted financially for the violation of having a Death Meter installed against one’s will.

For if this happens to me, I will see whoever is responsible in court for this violation of my rights. I will fight & win a $$$$ fortune and leave this draconian state for another that has more freedom than here in Victoria. All I hear on talk back radio is we need to sell all our infastructure & investments off to foreigners. We’re being sold out to become the white trash of Asia, just as all our power utilities have been sold off to China & Singapore. Most people are plain ignorant to not care & just trust the government, which makes many of us just as much to blame as well, because we let it go on. This is why it is important to Wake people up as to what is really going on, and how bad it really is.

• Gwen says:

RIGHT ON ROB!!! Everything is being sold off right from underneath us Aussies. When they (Asia) become our government, smart meters will be the least of our worries because we probably won’t have a house and definitely no human rights.

17. Rob Guy says:

This sorry mess can be traced back to a crucial concession granted to the distributors during negotiations for a licence to install smart meters. The licence does not require distributors to include a clause in subcontracts authorising direct investigation by government agencies. Because those agencies have no contractual relationship with sub-contractors, they must seek permission first from the Minister and, only then, from the distributor before assessing the degree of
    subcontractor compliance to licence requirements. In essence, government agencies have delegated their authority, (but not their responsibility), to protect the more vulnerable members of society.

18. New tactic used by United Energy is to scare us, the community, by sending out safety information about EU electricity supply.
    Dear Customer, they say, United Energy is responsible for safe and reliable electricity contribution to over 640,000 customers.
    We own the poles, wires and meters that deliver electricity to customers across Melbourne’s south-eastern suburbs and the Mornington Peninsula.
    On it goes with the scare: United Energy (UE) 24 hour emergency response, listing all the things that can happen, like bad weather etc. but do not fear, UE will restore your power, if……….. big if..
    But then they advise you to keep torches and lanterns ready.
    If please contact us in any case on 132 099 or seek the help of a neighbour or friend.
    Here is the catch: Did you know, they say: All our customers with a Smart Meter can register to use our free, secure Internet portal called Energy Easy?
    Me thinks I do smell a Rat, a big one.

Ernst, Jemena have just sent out the same material in the Northern Suburbs.

Let you in on a little secret…..United Energy is part of Jemena. They both have the same business address in Mt Waverley and the same individuals sign correspondence for both companies. Even in their respective smart meter booklets that both companies have as part of their propaganda suite, we see pictures of the same red haired installer (Ryan from Servicestream) “helping” the smiling customer.

19. So Cranky says:

Hi Liz, you are not alone. We have received another letter this week from SP Ausnet stating that I have to allow access and that the matter has now become urgent. I am supposed to contact them within 10 days to discuss a date for installation.
    They can keep waiting as I have padlocked the meter box and have no intention of having a smart meter. Another thing to consider is that 150,000 meters are yet to be installed and “about half” are refusals. We don’t know the real number but as I don’t believe anything they state, it could well be closer to the whole 150,000 telling them to get lost.
    That is a lot of houses and we need to stick together. We need to keep writing to our local members, our useless energy Minister, and the Premier. The more noise we make the better.
    Perhaps you could get someone in your area to install the lock for you.
    Someone on the forum may be able to help.
    Keep fighting Liz. The battle is only getting warmed up.
    Regards,
    So Cranky.

Hi Liz,

Do you have a meter box with a door that can be locked? If so then I can easily install a pad bolt for you to lock your meter box.
    Let me know. I’m not far away in Healesville.
    Hang in there and don’t let the minions of big corporations grind you down.

Lance

• Jason says:

I’m in LaTrobe Valley and am happy to help out anyone within a reasonable distance (say about 75km) with the same issue. dabbbles at Gmaildotcom.

• liz says:

Dear Lance, thank you for your kind offer. Please except my apology for the delayed response (I went on a holiday with my daughter and became unwell on our return, but I am good now and back on ye old lap top.) No, I dont have a box around my meter, hence the mesh cage LOL. I am going to find a box of suitable size, cut a window in it and somehow attach it to the wall.
      Again, thanks for kindness,
      Liz

21. Paul says:

Liz, hang in there. They cannot fine you nor can they cut off your power, as it is an essential service, particularly if, as you say you are “registered medical heating/cooling dependent due to medical conditions, and we depend on an electrical pump to provide running water from our tank to the house.” They can only cut off your power if your bills have not been paid.

Your existing analogue meter probably does not belong to Ausnet, or for that matter to any other power distributor.
    Extract from old SEC:
    ‘In this Schedule unless the contrary intention appears- Supply of
    electricity means the supply of electricity made available by the Commission,
    and includes-

(a) the electricity so supplied;

(b) the supplying or providing of meters or other equipment used or
    associated with supplying electricity”

So, Ausnet cannot claim ownership of the meter.

Furthermore, this ‘nice man’ is no more than a liar, surely you can see that now.

Oh and by the way, any attempt to use keys to open a lock, which you own is an attempt to break and enter.

Good luck

• Jason says:

But watch it!…I have seen several cases of locks cut off at properties which are vacant for periods. eg Holiday houses at Golden Beach and Loch Sport.

22. Rik says:

Thats a real worry if they are now picking locks to install them.
    What’s it going to take to not get a cancer meter installed?
    I might go and check my meter as I haven’t had an installer for over a month, when 2 came in the same week. They know I’m all against them as I was on the no meter list and they removed me from it and started harassing me since.
    There should be a list and when you get on it they cant kick you off it and they stop harassing you about it. I WONT get one of them. I will happily have my power cut off before I get one.
    Even that I’m a gamer and need the internet for work, I won’t have a dumb meter installed.
    I might have to go to the bank and ask for a loan for solar panels as I will still need power but not their way.

23. Hi Liz
    I have had the Dumb meter man here 3-4 time and as we don’t milk cows any more, I said you can put one up there. Well he must be a junior electrician. I went up there to do some work and clean the yard, and what’s the first thing I saw? Smoke coming out of the manure pump. Then I turned the hot house pump on to find he has disconnected it. Now I’m not game to start the milking plant as it’s probably not wired properly either. That’s another reason I am not letting them near the house. Seems as though they don’t know what they are doing. I also tried to turn the vat on as I’m keeping milk in it to rear calves, and you guessed it, it wont work either. They are as dumb as their meters.

• Jason says:

See a lawyer.

• Lance Sheppard says:

Hi Michael,
      Check with your insurance company as I have heard that if the Dumb meter is installed by a dumb installer with no A grade electricians qualifications you may be voiding any claims due to damage from said meter.
      Good luck
      Lance

24. Charlie says:

I too am in an SP ausnet area, and had a tech from skilltech (the installers sp ausnet use) randomly turn up on my doorstep Tuesday telling me he was going to install a smart meter. My response was he would not be doing that, I have had no formal notification etc etc. He said he did not have any of these notes in his system. I told him that it was fortunate that I have every date and time of my conversations with sp ausnet and skilltech re. this issue.
    He also mentioned the padlock issue. I told him this is my property and I will padlock whatever the hell I like, and should he insist on trespassing and vandalising MY property by breaking the lock, I would call the police. He shut up after that.
    Seems this is a new method, just turn up with no notification, sneak in a smart meter, and disappear. Shameful!

25. These SP AUSNET people are becoming rather vicious. When I commenced producing my own solar power feed into batteries and didn’t require grid power at all I had it disconnected.
    SP AUSNET informed me I would still get a bill for the supply of power to the house, whether I used it or not. Even though there is no account holder, the owner of the property can be slugged for having lines to the house every quarter. Over $100 with GST & growing. I rang them up and said collect my meter as I do not wish to pay money for nothing. They were going to charge me $1000 to remove power lines & the meter. After some heated phone calls where I said I would remove the meter myself and leave it on the footpath to be collected (I am an electrician & electronics tech of over 40 years ) , they finally removed it in due course for no cost.
    SP AUSNET require a continually rising source of capital to pay for maintenance of electrical power lines, substations, switch gear, large line transformers & power generation among other equipment. They also need to make large profits. The retailers they sell the electricity to need to make large profits. In the end the consumer pays more every year. At the moment the power from the sun is free as long as you have the means to collect and store it for when it doesn’t shine.

• Let's take our power back says:

Watch out re the “free sun”. Apparently there has been talk a a “tax” on the sun for those with solar. It has started somewhere overseas as well!!!

• John M says:

@Let’s take our power back. That would be Spain.
        And many greedy eyes are watching what the sheeple do in response. NOT MUCH!!!

• Great idea good for you I would like to do the same. Could you give me some information and the cost involved I would appreciate it. I am also an old Electrician. Thank you.

• joe m says:

Hi Rob and SSMA, can you elaborate on your system where you feed your solar power into batteries thereby removing the need to be connected to the grid.

Perhaps a part of the site can be dedicated to how to get off the grid and be fully energy self sustained.

• Jason says:

Want to make yourself available to others for a small fee, Robert?
      For those confronted with the ‘removal fees’, etc.:- simply send something of which you’ll have a record (Registered letter. email, etc.) to the effect that you no longer require their services, and that, therefore, you will no longer be paying ANY bill for said unwanted services; and that, further they are free, by appointment, to retrieve their equipment at a convenient time ~ and if it remains upon your property after 14 days you will charge a (nominated) rental fee for storing THEIR property on YOUR premises…..and that if said rental isn’t paid you will seize and dispose of it in the manner the law permits.
      Only don’t make threats if you’re not prepared to go through with it.

• Jason says:

Actually, SPAusnet “SP AUSNET require a continually rising source of capital to pay for maintenance of electrical power lines, substations, etc.”) to pay enormous fines and compensation for the murderous bushfires their ” electrical power lines, substations, switch gear, large line transformers” caused on Black Saturday.
      It’s no wonder they’re getting antsy…..

• Act.now says:

Hello Robert. We are in WA and I have been wanting to go off grid completely. Is it difficult and is it legal? Sounds like you have it sorted! If you can point me in the direction of relevant info or if you have any good contacts in Perth region who may be happy to connect, could you let me know?
      Thanks!

There are no fines and it is illegal for them to disconnect your power.
    Whatever you do, make sure you pay your bills on time and guard your analogue meter at all costs. Do not let them steal it from you.
    If they believe they own the meter, then demand they show you proof of ownership to back up their claim.

• Jason says:

Yep. But NOT ONLY for the analogue meters. I’d love to see them prove ownership of the Time of Use meter I had installed with my solar system.
      Don’t forget that is they make an assertion THEY have to substantiate it. In court.

We should advise all smart meter installers when we see them that they are copping the full brunt of the radiation when they stand slap bang in front of each smart meter they expose themselves to each and every day, and that they will be on a hospital bed in a couple of years with cancer. Then watch them run away 😉

28. marc says:

Carry on Liz , We all have a voice!

29. Julie says:

Know how you feel. Mine are all padlocked, 3 properties. Get a txt message this morn again from Powercor saying between 2nd & 12th Dec they are coming to install smart meter and a phone number to ring. So no, I’m not responding.
    Where do we still stand on this. Can they break padlock at all to install new one??? Or is this against the law? Can I still have them removed for trespassing, by calling police?? I know I’ve been following most posts but not sure where we all stand now in this situation, as I was told all smart meters to be installed by the end of December.
    Any info update would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

• John Wilson says:

Hold tight. the contract with the government and the power companies expires by the end of the year I believe and there will be no further funding. No wonder the power companies are taking desperate steps to force installation. Remember the law of trespass also includes aggravated trespass and they can be arrested. Inform the installers this as they will be an accessary to any actions of the power companies

• Henry says:

Julie, don’t waver. Nothing has changed. You have as many rights now as you have always had since these shenannigans began, so no need to “can I still….?”. What you could….you still can. Oh, a video camera would be a handy item to use if visited both for evidence and also as a good deterence. I am also protecting three properties. Good levels of security help. Break and enter IS prosecutable and they know it. The last thing you want to be influenced by is anything that proceeds from their mouths.

• frontad84 says:

Just wanted to report that today 26th Nov 2013, we arrived home at 5pm after being absent most of the day, and as is my usual practise these days after being out, I checked my Meter Box to find that the metal tag that allows padlocking had been twisted out of shape, obviously by persons unknown who had used the heavy padlock as leverage to try and break the metal tag off to gain entrance to the Box. I can only assume that someone (maybe an Installer) attached to Powercor is responsible, for who else would be wanting to gain entrance except the Meter Reader who is not due just yet, and anyway can easily read the Meter through the aperture I provided.
      If it was an Installer, then they must know when we are not at home, and if so, were going to ignore the signage “STOP Do Not Fit A Smart Meter”, which I have had on my Box since 2012
      Maybe whoever it was were disturbed before they could go further. From now on I will have to be on the alert more than ever, which is a sad thing, and also unnerving, especially to the likes of myself and my wife, who are Aged Pensioners.
      If I was guilty of harassment such as the Power Companies are subjecting people to, I have no doubt I would be dragged into court and jailed for it.

Believe me if I had enough money I would install Solar and Batteries myself and escape the Grid being still a Victorian Licensed Electrical Contractor, so stick with it Julie please do not believe or give in to all the lying and bullying from these rotten Power Companies.

• John Wilson says:

I think now is the time to contact the police and lay charges of harassment, intimidation, extortion and whatever other charges that might be applicable. If enough people lay these charges, we might start to see common sense prevail. Every cost to the power companies, they believe they can add to the cost of electricity, just so they can continue to make excessive profit. You cannot rely on the regulator to ensure justice, as the regulator has a vested interest via the government. We need to take action ourselves.
        My last discussion with a representative of PowerCor after emphasising the breaches of law and constitution, I added that if by some means I am not aware, they were successful in forcing the installation, immediately I became aware they would be instructed to disconnect the power. I built a farm without need for electricity and I have no doubt that despite being a pensioner I would still survive. Today there are more options available than I had when building the farm. I have been researching my options in preparation should that happen. The bigger problem we will face is that in some way they will attempt to make a charge because you are not using their???? power service. Remember they are now a private corporation and have no authority or power to fine or impose other sanctions on you. They still need you in the long run as they need customers. Without customers they are nothing

• Chris says:

Just out of interest, can someone please confirm it is a good idea to call the Police if a cancer meter installer starts to try and push past and force an installation? Will the Police help us or help the installer? I have heard stories where the power companies are sending the installer around ACCOMPANIED BY THE POLICE to force smart meter installations. Just want to know if the police are on their side or our side? Please confirm!

Chris, in one case where this occured it was because the customer had made an actual threat up front to kill the Distributor’s installation person if he was to come. On that basis the Distribution Company was able to use that as leverage to come in with the police and force the installation. Even so, this was unlawful in my opinion because the customer was still the owner of the property and retained his ownership rights. The matter that needed to be dealt with should have been between the customer and the police. It should not have been an open door for an installer to come in. I think it happened something like this, the police took the owner for a drive around the block whilst the installer moved in. Now that is what I call having a product forced upon you. Of course what the customer did after that was to disconnect immediately from the grid and according to my sources has since developed his own situation of generating sufficient electricity independently from the grid. To me, this is a man who by his actions I see him to be a “person of integrity”. Who can live and put up with having had $h1+ like this forced upon them ? The Distributor (whose name starts with the letter “J”) who by their actions in this instance I can only see them to be as “persons of excrement”.

Chris, if your actions remain within the bounds of the law, then you even have the right to send the police off your property unless they have a warrant. Chris, if you don’t get roped into a trap of compromising your lawful behaviour pattern, then it’s you that has all the rights as owner of your property and the police must uphold those rights on your behalf. Also you could check and confirm this with your local constabulary.

• John M says:

@Chris. I’m no lawyer so take this advice FWIW. I would only call the Police as a very last resort such as if they refuse to leave and continue with an installation. You just don’t know whether they’re going to act as corporate enforcers which they are now, whether they know it or not, or whether they think they are enforcing a law (which they’re clearly not). I don’t think they have been told to enforce smart meter installations yet as it would be a PR disaster and they would be on very shaky ground legally if they did. But you never know if someone above their pay level is willing to put a junior officer in harms way legally. The old “I was just following orders”. Internal review and reprimand BS but the deed (installation) is over and done.

If an installer came around with a Police officer it would likely be as a means of intimidation and perhaps seen as legitimacy of the mandate as law merely by their presence on the part of dumb Joe public. They have played this little game typically in the UK with those resistant to paying extorted TV license fees to prop up the BBC which is a corporation for profit still masquerading as being owned by the people.

When asked why the Police officer is there the response is typically “in order to keep the peace”. The license inspector or in this case installer is playing the “I feel threatened or at risk of harm card” from a cranky member of the public. A guy in uniform wearing a gun is very intimidating and most people wouldn’t question the Police officer as they would assume the officer is there enforcing a law. It’s quite successful, but it’s still a bluff that can be called out.

If you are not breaking a law, you haven’t committed a crime, they are not investigating a crime, they have no search or arrest warrant etc. Then you have the same right to ask them to leave your property just as you have everyone else such as the installer. Send them both packing under threat of legal action if they don’t.

• Altered Meek says:

I’d say the police aren’t fully aware of the situation either.
            The story you heard is sounding very much like lies and spin, I have not seen or heard this happening to anyone anywhere over here.
            Regardless of who is trying to enforce this “law”, we have the right to refuse unless they can prove it exists in the first place to be enforceable.

• Chris says:

Thanks for your responses…Let me ask this another way then….Has anyone ever called the Police in Melbourne and found them to be helpful? Helpful for the owner in assisting them in the upholding of the law? Stopping a meter box from being broken into by an installer?

• Henry Leschen says:

Richard = Twin 1. on Henry’s site, my web Stopped Working, big mystery still me stumped !.

Hi Julie,
      No, they from Powercor or any of the other four (4) foreign owned Electric Power Companies cannot break your padlock, that would be a Criminal Offence to do so, for which they could easily be Gaoled.

Yes Julie call the police by all means for any trespassers. The idea that all so-called Smart Meters must be installed by December the 31’st of 2013 is a Victorian Government Mandate upon these five foreign owned Electric Power Companies and is NOT ON YOU THE PRIVATE HOME OWNER. See the Victorian Electricity Act 2000 – 2007 – 2008. It clearly states…….” That they the foreign owned Electric Power Companies have to use their ‘Best Endeavours to get their Electricity Customers to take a Microwave Smart Meter.” This amounts to Salesmanship and that is all it is of continual intimidation or bullying. So don’t let these people Bully You.

See Brodie’s Law regarding continual bullying. When bullies are brought before the Court they get a fair and just Trial and if found guilty they will get up to ten years in Prison.
      Brodie’s Law came into being in Victoria and every State of Australia from June 2011. Use Google to look up Brodie’s Law, it is extremely powerful.

Cheers,

Richard Leschen.

• Marta says:

They are bluffing you and bullying you to accept a smart meter! There is NO law to say that you must have one! Stay strong and say NO! Reply to their texts and say NO, you do not consent to a smart meter! Silence is compliance and you need to say NO! If they still come around, you need to be prepared to tell them you do not consent to them installing a smart meter and they are to leave and get off your property. They have no right to be on your property, and yes, you have the right to call the police! Stay strong!

• Jason says:

Nothing’s changed, Julie, except for THEIR desperation.
      Breaking YOUR lock off YOUR meter box is a breach (or three) of the Crimes Act.
      Malicious damage. (same as if the postie smashed your letterbox because his wife had given him a hard time the night before; that’s to say the REASON for doing damage is irrelevant.
      ‘Trespassing’ a fairly nebulous one, and usually a civil matter ~ unless someone is on your property without your permission either doing or intending to do a criminal act. For example ‘malicious damage’, ‘threatening behaviour’ , ‘assault’ (physical: a slightest touch will be enough OR verbal ~ anything that ‘reasonably’ frightens you of consequences.)

Or…does the term ‘scream rape’ mean anything to you 😉 (Again, you only need to fear you’re going to be sexually assaulted.)
      In any case, put up a sign “No trespassing ~ trespassers will be prosecuted” sort of thing.
      Or as an old mate with a large Rottweiler did:- No trespassing; survivors will be prosecuted.
      A digital camera within reach would be handy too.
      …go get ’em!

• Paul says:

Julie, you should reply to the text, as a non-reply can (and will) be taken as acceptance of their intention to install a smart meter. So text them back with ‘any attempt to install a smart meter on my property will result in legal action.’

Furthermore, if they attempt to break your lock then they are breaking the law and can be heavily fined with a criminal conviction. Yes, you can most certainly call the police.

• Jack says:

If it were me, I’d respond. Tell them that your meters are padlocked and that if there is anyone entering you properties with the intention of installing a smart meter, you will call the police.
      Uncharted waters here I guess. But if they turn up at my place and try to open the box, I’ll call the police and tell them there is an unknown male outside my house vandalising it. Should get a quick response.
      Who will the police support? They are supposed to serve us (as opposed to corporations) but we will see.

• Julie,
      It’s best YOU DO respond by Registered letter to PowerCor’s latest letter to you ASAP. You must state in your letter of reply to them that, “You refuse to allow the Smart Meter Installer Man on your property and that you refuse to give him and Powercor permission to replace the Safe and Passive Analog Electric Meter with their so-called ‘smart meter’ which is actually a Type 2B Microwave Carcinogen Meter.” Make sure your Legal Commonwealth of Australia Anti-Trespass Signs with the $167,000 Dollar Fine is on your Electric Meter Box and on your front fence or gate as a Legal Warning against trespassers such as the Powercor Smart Meter Installer Man etc.

Please send this letter of yours with the 1.1 Million Dollar Anti-Harassment Notice below with your Registered Letter. They of Powercor have to respond to your Anti-Harassment Legal Commonwealth of Australia A.C.C.C $1.1 Million Dollar Notice within fourteen (14) days of receiving it and not a day longer, otherwise they automatically agree if Fact and by Law, to the terms of this Notice, that if they do not respond to you within that time with a written reply, it becomes FACT and LAW that they cannot harass you to accept the Deadly Microwave and far from Smart Microwave Meter and that you automatically keep the Safe and Passive Analog Meter you already have on your property in its Electric Meter Box Padlocked at all times.

Please get the Post Office to register your letter and the Legal $1.1 Million Dollar A.C.C.C. Anti-Harassment Notice and get your post office to obtain a Receipt of Acceptance, so that the person picking up your Registered Letter has to sign for this letter. This receipt of Acceptance then comes back to you. Keep copies of this letter you sent and the $1.1 Million Dollar A.C.C.C Anti Harassment Notice and keep the Signed Receipt from the person picking up your letter for Legal Proof you may need in the future.

Sincerely,

Richard. 1Vimana1.

• Julie,

(DATE)

(INSERT OWN NAME)
        (ADDRESS)

(Insert name and
        Address of Power Distributor)

(Insert Power distributor name and ACN no off letter you received)
        Notice to agent is notice to principal.

SMART METER INSTALLATION (date of your first letter) and NOTICE Your Company’s
        INTENTION TO DISHONOUR AND VIOLATE PROHIBITION FOR SMART METER
        I have lawful and legal standing and claim of right to make such a demand.

1. Customer Relations, DPI,
        2. Minister Nicholas Kotsiras, Government in the State of Victoria.

Sincerely

____________ __________________ ______________
        (Your SIGNATURE) (Witness to your Signature) Print Witnesses name)