Letter of the Week – Sent to the Victorian Essential Services Commission

Stop Smart Meters Australia has recently been presented with a copy of a letter that was sent to the Essential Services Commission.  We believe it is an excellent letter worth sharing with our followers.

See: Letter of the Week

This entry was posted in Smart Meter and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

37 Responses to Letter of the Week – Sent to the Victorian Essential Services Commission

1. Nic says:

I received a letter today via registered post from United Energyy
    It stated that Since I had continually refused (note it’s only once) for a smart meter to be installed that they would not do so
    However come 2015 things would change and I would be charged in 2015 when installation would occur
    They said if we call them however that they would install it for free now.
    Any tips on sending a reply to them (I will send it registered post)
    Haven’t we indirectly been paying for these meters anyhow?
    Nic

2. Thomas Bice says:

I think it is time we all banded together and put pressure on the relevant politicians to stop this madness.

• John M says:

I doubt they will listen. What we have today in government is a kleptocracy overseen/run by globalist kleptoparasites. The gravy train is full steam ahead stealing everything they can from the public masses and creating laws and a Police state to do it with. It’s time to side step that process as much as possible and becoming more self sufficient and less dependent on buying goods and services from corporations and monopoly’s. Deny them what they want most of you which is control over what you most need and as much of your wealth and income they can take by hook or by crook. If 75,000 people suddenly turned off their power themselves in protest at what’s going on they would take notice of that.

• Gwen says:

Well said John. They seem to be taking more by crook than hook. I’m with you in taking away what they want from us. If we all could turn off our power every day for a month just for a few hours would make a difference. We would all need to do it at the same time though.

• John M says:

Thanks Gwen. Hit them where it hurts most, in the hip pocket. Excessive greed cannot be condoned or accepted as it will just invite more.

• Sharron says:

Yes, a state wide protest would certainly suit me… All for it!

Gwen, perhaps thousands of us mutually turning off of power in unison may possibly not be that hard to organise. Maybe we could start if off in simultaneous 24 hour blocks just to give them the initial kick in the pocket, see how we go and then work out ways to ramp it up and eventually bring these b…….ds to their knees.

Maybe for the very reason they wouldn’t disconnect 75,000 customers (real number probably in hundreds of thousands) is the very reason why we should consider a strategy of switching of ourselves whilst remaining connected.

3. frontad84 says:

Just wanted to report that today 26th Nov 2013, we arrived home at 5pm after being absent most of the day, and as is my usual practise these days after being out, I checked my Meter Box to find that the metal tag that allows padlocking had been twisted out of shape, obviously by persons unknown who had used the heavy padlock as leverage to try and break the metal tag off to gain entrance to the Box. I can only assume that someone (maybe an Installer) attached to Powercor is responsible, for who else would be wanting to gain entrance except the Meter Reader who is not due just yet, and anyway can easily read the Meter through the aperture I provided.
    If it was an Installer, then they must know when we are not at home, and if so, were going to ignore the signage “STOP Do Not Fit A Smart Meter”, which I have had on my Box since 2012
    Maybe whoever it was were disturbed before they could go further. From now on I will have to be on the alert more than ever, which is a sad thing, and also unnerving, especially to the likes of myself and my wife, who are Aged Pensioners.
    If I was guilty of harassment such as the Power Companies are subjecting people to, I have no doubt I would be dragged into court and jailed for it.

4. ricky says:

Great letter. It’s fantastic there are people out there that have the ability to write as well as this, on these matters. It gives us ordinary folk hope, and strengthens our resolve. I get a confidence boost every time something like this pops up. Keep up the battle.

5. AK47 says:

Excellent work…author of the Letter of the Week!
    One other point worth mentioning is the fact that the term Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) in the Order in Council, does not specify the installation of a radio transmitter on each of our homes. In many cases this radio transmitter is only a meter or so away from where people, including children and babies sleep, putting them at grave risk.
    I always understood that radio operators needed a special licence to operate a radio transmitter on their properties and could transmit only on the frequencies allocated to them. I’m sure most of us do not have a radio transmission licence and this may go towards explaining why so many people have reported interference and/or damage to their electrical appliances.

6. Jack says:

Great work, I hope that the appropriate response is received.
    In reality, all those that have “agreed” to their so called smart meter installation, either due to coercion or misinformation, should have the option of having their so called smart meter removed and replaced with an analogue.

7. Reblogged this on The GOLDEN RULE and commented:
    Good logic and truth versus unjustified bullying, lies and harassment.

8. Solargen says:

As much as I like the letter, do you really think it will make ANY difference? Didn’t you read “honourable” Mr Kotsiras’ comments in Herald Sun? “”We need to make sure the costs of running two systems are not spread on to all consumers. It is preferable to getting police involved, or disconnecting,” Mr Kotsiras said. Is it for real??? Are we in Australia or CONCENTRATION CAMP?

9. Gwen says:

Excellent letter. I have chosen not to use a microwave oven or to have wi fi in MY home. I can still choose not to have surgery or eat certain products. Why do they think I might not notice and object to having something that is life threatening forced upon me and my children!

You can also choose not to have electricity

• Gwen says:

Yes I can choose not to have electricity and currently I am saving to get off the grid so I’m not controlled by greedy power mongers and have my health jeopardized. They (the government) sold the Victorian power supply out from under us. I choose not to have added fluoride in my drinking water. That right was taken from me by stinking john brumby. Now I pay a fortune for my family not to have it in my drinking water. WE MUST BE ABLE TO CHOOSE!

“You can also choose not to have electricity”

Yes true, but it’s wrong that we have to be put in the position where our hand is forced to choose that way. Try this instead……………….

You can also choose to have electricity because IT IS AN ESSENTIAL SERVICE and not to have a smart meter AND not to be exposed to radiation from anybody else’s smartmeter EVEN when you are in places away from your property because smart meters are HARMFUL to health and should be banned outright.

• smart meter free zone says:

Anon, what a strange comment to make – not sure why anyone would choose that option as we’re talking about an ESSENTIAL SERVICE….

I too am certain that the means by which a smart meter was fitted to my home was improper. Following several letters and phone calls to Citipower stating that due to health concerns, and lack of evidence to suggest that my fears are unfounded, and plenty to suggest that they are legitimate, a “smart meter” was fitted when no one was home. A call to Citipower resulted in one of their staff telling me that ” I haven’t got a leg to stand on” and threatened to cut the power off. When I informed her that I considered this a threat she stated that I was acting like the press and put the phone down. A complaint to the ombudsman was fruitless.

• John M says:

@Anonymous. “resulted in one of their staff telling me that ” I haven’t got a leg to stand on” and threatened to cut the power off.”
      So inspiring when corporate cowardly low life toads speak like that to their customers. They add fuel to those determined enough to fight on.

11. Citizen for democracy says:

Excellent letter!
    ABC TV reporter last week:
    “MANDATE IS NOT AN ENFORCEABLE LEGAL CONCEPT”
    I think the above sentence resolves all smart meter related issues.

12. Aviser vos compagnies d’assurances maisons que les compteur intelligent ont déjà fait brûler
    une maison avec mort humaine et beaucoup des compteurs intelligents fondes ou brûle sur place
    dans plusieurs pays
    vont t’il payer si le feux est produit par l’équipement dangereux de l’hydro-Québec OUI ou NON

Hydro-Magog refuse de poser c’est compteurs intelligents à radio fréquence à cause de
    la possibilité très grande de mettre le feux à nos maisons et c,est déjà arrivé

Soyons très prudents car nos vie et nos biens sont en danger extrème

grogneux dépollueur enchanté

• Paul says:

Merci beaucoup Gilles

• Happy Dissenter says:

Merci aussi, Gilles. To the letter writer of the week, I applaud your fine skills to the authorities. As Bryan Ferry sang once, “Let’s stick together” and as someone else wrote above, make “them” operate the 2 system forever.

13. Jo says:

Thanks for keeping me informed. I will now not be bullied nor comply with these electricity company threats to cut off essential services. Jo

14. MovingEntity says:

The Mandate was from Government to Power Distributors, not an mandate on Residents.

Since large numbers of Victorians owned their meters, actually stated in the SEC legislation, and could never be sold without an acquisition order and constitutional just compensation, these people can hold and use their current meters whilst they remain calibrated within State Standards. They could also get an electrician to install a digital modern meter, but under the control of the estate owner, so that RF and data mining are turned off, this would get around any claims meters are too old and need replacing.

15. John Wilson says:

Seems to me that if you had the no trespass notice up, and the note to state you do not want to have a smart meter installed, then you have a straight case to charge trespass and then demand your analogue meter be returned. I am not sure but believe you could lay charges against the power company and also against the installer, if you can identify the person/contractor. I believe it is time the public start taking direct action, including damages. Rumour also has it that the power companies are going to make a further charge against those who refuse to allow the installation.
    This is abuse of their power in the market place and I believe a good case could be developed against them on the grounds of extortion and or discrimination. If a person does not want a particular product/service then why should they be discriminated against with higher charges?

• John Wilson says:

Perhaps there might be an action for breaking and entering as they do not have permission to enter the property to install the unit

16. ingrid says:

Brilliant. Thanks for sharing.

• Rik says:

I agree. Great letter. We should all copy/paste that to our suppliers and government and hopefully they listen and put an end to these cancer meters.

Maybe it is time to hold the directors of these companies accountable for the actions of their employees. Clearly the employees of these companies have acted inappropriately. This behaviour is unacceptable and must be tested via the judicial and civil processes.

18. Kathryn Herrald says:

I am of the opinion that I was coerced into having a smart meter. And then they put one up, notice of objection still on my meter box, while I am not present at my property. I believe they have acted improperly, disregarding the letter of objection.