It may end up being that those Victorians (possibly 5 to 10% of the population) who have developed acute symptoms from smart meters (insomnia, headaches, ringing in the ears, fatigue, concentration and memory problems, dizziness, heart palpitations and more) are actually the lucky ones!
Why? Because they have no choice but to take immediate steps to protect themselves from the meters’ microwave emissions, as well as from emissions from a wide range of devices, including mobile phones, Wi-Fi, cordless phones, microwave ovens and baby monitors.
Despite the fact that these people may have incurred substantial expenditure, such as the cost for shielding of their home, or may have had to make sweeping lifestyle changes, such as moving house, giving up a job or even moving interstate, these are the ones who may very well, in the long-term, be the lucky ones.
It is the remaining (90% +) majority of Victorians who may be most at risk from the long-term consequences of exposure to smart meters. Yes, the majority, who feel that they can just go on with ‘business as usual’, may in fact, be the ones to suffer the greatest consequences, as they have failed to take any measures to protect themselves.
This easy to read article by Dr Andrew Goldsworthy, Imperial College, London, tells us that:
- There are thousands of scientific papers showing that non-ionizing electromagnetic radiation causes harmful effects, such as damage to DNA, cancer, loss of fertility, brain damage, disruption of normal cell metabolism, disruption of the blood-brain barrier, neuronal hyperactivity and autism.
- The duration of the radiation seems to be more important than its strength, with the effects being cumulative.
- DNA damage is greater when the exposure is pulsed intermittent (as with smart meters) rather than continuous.
- According to the WHO, radiofrequencies (including those from smart meters) are a class 2B carcinogen. Younger people are more at risk, because their brain is still growing and developing, which makes it more susceptible to damage leading to cancer.
- The greatest damage from microwaves is when the brain is first developing in the foetus and very young child. This can lead to autism.
- The compulsory introduction of smart meters can only contribute further to autism on a grand scale.
- The utility company could be held legally responsible for any autistic children that a couple may have.
Read full article titled ‘How Smart Meters May Cause Autism and Cancer’:
Thank-you to Dr Goldsworthy for sending us this very important article and allowing us to use it on our website.