The Committee is interested to learn whether they force their customers to pay for these “gold plated” costs that are possibly not necessary. The committee is to consider whether prosecutions should be issued if rorting has been detected.

The Senate Inquiry will also investigate:

-whether energy companies have misrepresented information to the energy regulator for their benefit
-allegations of price rorting by companies
-whether current network arrangements discriminate against homes and businesses who generate their own power, and
-the possibility of establishing an independent body to investigate and prosecute poor behaviour.

Information about the inquiry, the full terms of reference and how to make a submission can be found at: The performance and management of electricity network companies.

Don’t miss this opportunity to let the Senate know your experiences dealing with power companies.

Submissions close December 18.

This entry was posted in Smart Meter and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Senate inquiry into the performance and management of electricity network companies

1. Peter says:

Hammer Man and Minnie
    I take exception to your accusation of being a defeatist.
    I was born just months after the Battle of Britain, my farther served in the RAF on coastal command and spent most of the war in Iceland. I do not need a lecture on who went through what during the war. I served 12 years in the RAF my self during the ‘cold war years’.
    At no time did I say we should give in to the behaviour of the government or distributors.
    If you read my other posts on this site, you will see that I still have my analogue meter and have written many letters to politicians, government departments etc, I have not achieved this by being a defeatist.
    Happy New Year.

2. Rik says:

Hopefully they will rule on the side of the customers and see the prices are too stupidly high and force them to drop the prices so our bills will finally come down.

Then I wake up and realise it was all a dream…..

• Minnie says:

This inquiry is not going to change anything, The submissions to the AER did not change anything.If they were really interested in finding out the truth, then they should call every single person that lodged a submission, We should be allowed to testify under oath. I have nothing to hide.
      Do they really want the truth revealed? Do they really want to know what happened to the people in Victoria? Do they want to hear that, a smart meter installer told my mother that her power would be turned off and that she was to scared to stay home on her own, because they kept on coming around.
      Do they want to hear all these stories? Real horror stories.Do they want to hear that people have been begging and pleading for their lives? Do they want to hear about the people that are sick.

And do they want to hear about all the lives that have without exageration literally been ruined in either one way or another because of smart meters ?

And do they want to hear and know about the thousands of Victorians who have been literally left traumatized by the horrific experiences they have been subjected to by the very persons who totally failed to fulfill what should have been their duty of care to Victorians but whose behaviour has proven to be rather the contrary ?

3. Hammer Mann says:

Hi Chris,
    This is what I asked the Senate Inquiry into the performance and management of these five (5) now proving to be Rapaciously Greedy Overseas owned Electricity Companies today. For the Senate Inquiry to,”Please leave no stone unturned” in fully investigating the ongoing bullying and constantly demanding or ever more cash from us their Electricity customers by the Victorian past two Governments of John Brumby’s Victorian Labour Government circa 2009 and the then worsening and also seemingly corrupt Victorian Liberal Party’s Ted Baillieu and Mr Denis Napthine, who I allege has been like the past Victorian Labor Party, also been colluding with the five foreign owned Electric Power Companies in robbing and bullying and poisoning and terrifying the People of Victoria with these enforced Microwave deadly to All LIFE and far from Smart Meters.

None of these problems existed when the people of Victoria still had their Safe and Passive Analog Electric Meters. Fortunately I am one of now over 300,000 Victorians who have sensibly padlocked my Safe and Passive Electric Analog Meter in my private Electric Meter Box which I own as do I the Electric Analog Meter I bought when I built my own home over 37 years ago and have both ‘sales receipts’ to prove it ! I also had to pay my local fully qualified ‘A’ Grade Electrician to install my Analog Meter in my Power box and make sure that all the electric connections were done correctly and then he game me a Proper and Lawful Victorian Certificate of Safety which he signed after he had thoroughly checked his work.
    These Smart Meter Installers will never give you a proper or Lawful Victorian Certificate of Safety which proves to me that these five overseas Electric Power Companies are in my and many peoples opinion not only as I allege SHIFTY but I also allege acting in a CRIMINAL FASHION.

Both the Victorian Labour Government and this last Victorian Liberal Party Government has also from my research been seemingly gloating and enjoying making Microwave-Sick, ever increasing numbers of the Victorian Human Population, as well as causing increasing numbers of domestic pets to become very sick from the Microwave constant irradiation to farm animals as well. You see folks it’s all part and parcel of Agenda 21 another Criminal Institution.

To my mind this constant Microwave Irradiated of Humans and animal by these far from Smart Meters and those people and or pets and animals next to or in close proximity to the also High Microwave towers with their very powerful Microwave transmitters atop of these towers is now proving to be doing great damage to animals such as cows = bovines and or sheep and goats etc., as the Microwave Broadcasting and receiving towers keep on spewing forth their Filthy Microwave rays 24 hours a day 365 days a year. This problem first became clear to me a few years ago in England in Wales.

Apart from increasing damage to human and animal life, this has also cased many domestic delicate plants and creepers leaves’ to shrivel up and die where these Accursed Microwave and far from Smart Meters are close to these delicate plants and creepers. I have put this and other important factors of this Microwave Smart Meter damage into point-form in my submission to the Senate Inquiry today to cover as much as succinctly as possible.

The more detailed report I sent off today.

• Chris says:

hi Hammer Man you are obviously knowledgeable in this area, and can back your points up with important facts. We need more people like you helping to fight and respond to these inquiries. Thank you for your great work and please keep it up.

Chris.

4. Boopsy says:

Thank-you for your email about this. I have supplied a submission and I hope it will help in some way.

• Andre says:

It will be ignored

• Chris says:

I submitted when they were reviewing the “safe” radiation levels. It was posted on their website. All the personal submitters concerns were quickly dismissed in the conclusion as “not relevant”. No changes were made.

Sometimes you wander why you even bother.

• Hammer Mann says:

Andre,
        You say, ” It will be ignored,” I hope not !

Should they, that is the so-called powers that be, continue to take the present laze-faire attitude and ignore these many submissions then they are definitely acting as criminals and need to be not only kicked out of office but IMPROSONED for breaking the law by refusing to follow their Civic Duty which is to firstly be responsible for their Lawful Duty of Care which is to actively “Look after the Victorian Peoples’ PUBLIC HEALTH.” Those officers who can’t be bothered about their duty to Public Health are then effectively being paid to ride ”Rough-Shod over the general Victorian Peoples’ genuine concern for the Victorian Electricity Customers Health and Welfare.”

Such a lack-a-day and what amounts to a ” Criminal Attitude” is disgusting and those officers acting in such a CRIMINAL manner must be dragged kicking and screaming into COURT for a fair trial with a jury of twelve (12) just men tried and true to act as a Jury before a Judge who is not corrupt, as many Judges are now now seen to be.

After a fair trial those who are proven to be guilty of this lack of care towards the Victorian Electricity Customers and their genuine Microwave Sickness now being proven to be caused by these ‘Far From Safe Microwave so-called ‘Smart Meters’ need to serve very long prison sentences for being so weak-kneed and complicit, in bringing down ever increasing numbers of the Victorian Public with these ongoing Microwave Sicknesses now spreading like Wild-Fire here in Victoria and overseas as well.

5. Paul says:

I’ll leave some comments here and now!
    1. Those of us who neither have nor want a smart meter should NEVER have to pay for one every few years.
    2. Those of us who have managed to retain our old analogue meters (you know, they’re the ones that never break down, never give trouble, are accurate and don’t cost anything to run) should not have to pay a meter reading charge because we have been paying it all along in our daily standing charge.
    3. Smart meters do not provide any benefit to the electricity consumer, only to the power company. They cause cancers and other medical conditions. They have enormous potential to be used as spying devices. They cause fires. They can indirectly cause damage to electrical equipment due to remote shut down by the distributer (computers for example need to be properly turned off). Transmissions from smart meters can be monitored by potential thieves who can deduce that no one is at home if only a fridge is in operation.
    4. What business is it of the electricity distributer how I use my electricity? If I buy a new car, can the manufacturer tell me where and when I can drive it? NO!

It is now time to return control of our essential services to the people. We are too complacent in this state/country and the government and the power companies know it. We are the laughing stock of many other countries because we take it lying down. Enough is enough!

6. gary oraniuk says:

Please see the attached documents for non- gold-plating material, and below for documented “gold-plating ” from ABC TV’s Australian Story: Australian Story :: Corridors Of Power |   | |   |   |   |   |   | | Australian Story :: Corridors Of Power05/08/2013 Introduced by Caroline Jones This week we visit a scenic valley where best selling author Di Morrissey and a determined group of rural residents have stared down a corporate giant. | | | | View on http://www.abc.net.au | Preview by Yahoo | | | |   |

http://www.abc.net.au/austory/specials/corridorsofpower/ The researchers mentioned in the program proved the illegality of what the  power company was doing. Whether this is of any help I do not know, but it is the best I can do. Best regs gaz From: Stop Smart Meters Australia To: garyoraniuk@yahoo.com Sent: Monday, 15 December 2014, 3:23 Subject: [New post] Senate inquiry into the performance and management of electricity network companies #yiv1937115561 a:hover {color:red;}#yiv1937115561 a {text-decoration:none;color:#0088cc;}#yiv1937115561 a.yiv1937115561primaryactionlink:link, #yiv1937115561 a.yiv1937115561primaryactionlink:visited {background-color:#2585B2;color:#fff;}#yiv1937115561 a.yiv1937115561primaryactionlink:hover, #yiv1937115561 a.yiv1937115561primaryactionlink:active {background-color:#11729E;color:#fff;}#yiv1937115561 WordPress.com | Stop Smart Meters Australia posted: “The Senate Standing Committees on Environment and Communications is seeking submissions from people about the behaviour of the various electricity distribution companies around Australia and of their apparent ‘gold-plating’ of their networks.The Commi” | |

7. Sue says:

wow, less then 3 days to make a submission. So it’s the quick and the dead.

• Hammer Mann says:

Hi Sue,
      I sent my submission off today about 1.30 P.M.

Cheers,
      Hammer Mann.

• Peter says:

Mine went off yesterday, I wonder how many of these submissions will appear on their web site; or ‘get lost in the post’, ‘contain personal information’ so can’t be posted? A point I made, was that the Government of Victoria Incorporated condoned the unacceptable behaviour of the distributors, so it will be interesting to see what they do. Probably say they cannot do anything about Victorian legislation!

• Hammer Mann says:

HI Sue,
      It’s obvious those in power don’t want to hear the truth, it’s too frightening for them, so they won’t read as many irate comments if people were given say a reasonable time like 14 days to get their Anti-Smart Meter comments in and read. What a bunch of Stooges A.R.P.A.N.S.A etc., seem to be for sure !

8. Chris says:

of course, they could always investigate smart meters and the bullying and threats of higher charges, safety etc. but no mention of “smart” at all….just dumb.

yet another joke.

• Peter says:

The government, both state and federal have made it very clear that that is not going to happen. Merry Christmas to all.

• Hammer Mann says:

To Peter,
        Peter your statement above is, “I allege a DEFEATIST attitude.” We didn’t win the Second World War by giving into Hitler, we fought him tooth and nail, as did many brave English Men and the Polish fighter pilots and bomber pilots and brave Aussies and Canadians and Americans etc. By making the statement you did, you give ammunition to these as I allege to be Criminal five foreign owned Electric Power companies and an also I allege to be past Criminal Labor John Brumby Victorian Government and a past as I allege to be Criminal Victorian Ted Baillieu and Denis Napthine both Lick-Spittle Governments.

Now that Mr Daniel Andrews is in power as the new Victorian Premier will he give into these as I allege, now proving to be, Criminal five foreign owned Electric Power Companies or will he OBEY US HIS MASTERS, who make the final decision to vote in or chuck out these past corrupt Victorian Governments of firstly the John Brumby Labour government and then the also weak as I allege to have been, Quisling and Turn-Coat Governments of Ted Baillieu and then Denis Napthine who were showing themselves to be clearly Quisling and Turn-Coat Governments under the Jack-Boot of these CORRUPT five foreign owned Electric Power Companies and clearly Lick-Spittle C.E.O’s of the five foreign owned Electric Power companies shaking in their shoes to the every-day dictates coming ceaselessly from their ‘Mammon Crazed China and Singaporean Masters’ and greedy Share Holders, “Who don’t give A Rat’s Arse about how sick you Victorians become from the Filthy now proving to be poisonous Microwave Radiation from these Devilish Devices.

• Minnie says:

Hammer Mann,
          You are correct, you never give up.My mother and father survived two wars. They survived hunger, disease, beatings and bombs being dropped on their homes.

• Hammer Mann says:

Chris, it’s no joke,
      But a continuing tragedy by both as I allege to be a COMPLICIT and now proving to be past Victorian Labor Government under John Brumby, and as I further allege who had been in league with the five foreign owned Electric Power Companies and then I further allege after John Brumby was sacked by the also I allege to have been COMPLICIT Victorian Liberal Party Government under Ted Baillieu also seemingly in league with the same five foreign owned overseas Electric power companies.

Mr Ted Baillieu of the Victorian Liberal party broke his promise to the Victorian People to Get Rid of the what is now the ‘Scourge’ of the Microwave and far from Smart Meters. Careless Denis I allege ( The Menace ) Napthine continued with plundering and stealing the Safe and Passive Analog Electric meters in, I further allege, direct COLLUSION with the five foreign owned Electric Power Companies in allowing the continued roll-out of these poisonous Microwave and far from Smart Meters which are actually UNLAWFUL broadcasting Microwave Spying devices on the Victorian people and now being proven to be poisonous to not only human life, but to all life, animal life and domestic pets and vegetable life, such as delicate creepers that quickly wither on the vines turning from a healthy green to a pale brown and then a deeper brown as they curl up and die from the microwave filthy poisonous rays being broadcast 24 hours a day 365 days a year as I have seen and still continue to see in so many cases all over Victoria very close to the far from Smart Meters on homes’ outside walls where these delicate creepers are often found in hanging-baskets.

This poisonous ‘Microwave Filthy Rays’ being broadcast from these far from Smart Meters is also going on all over the Earth as well. and all to make the Meter Reader men redundant and to add a massive amount of Cash, read here Filthy Lucre through stealing peoples’ Safe and Passive Analog Electric Meters which is a CRIME.
      Smart Meters do not save Electricity Customers any money at all and have no advantages over the Safe and Passive Analog Electric Meters.

Day after day more and more of these so-called and far from Smart Meters are turning out to be INCENDIARY Meters burning down more and more peoples’ homes. This forcing of these far from Smart Meters on the privately owned homes and small business owners’ properties here in Victoria Australia and other States of Australia as well as overseas. These Electric Microwave so-called Smart Meters are “A HUGE and CRIMINAL CONFIDENCE TRICK” and the height of outright WICKEDNESS on the part of both the five foreign owned Electric companies here in Victoria and two past Victorian Governments of Labour and then Liberal who have I allege been IN BED with the five foreign owned Electric power companies and all for what ? “FILTHY LUCRE”, simple as that. All of these so named and shamed I allege to be CRIMINALS must be dragged kicking and screaming into Court very soon, for the Long Overdue Punishment they so Richly DESERVE !