A Public Meeting was held on Thursday 9th August at the Seaford Community Centre to discuss the health, safety and privacy issues relating to the smart meter roll-out.
The meeting proved to be a great success with around 100 people attending.
This follows growing opposition to and concerns about the program such as:
- Why are these meters being pushed upon Victorians when other countries have stopped their compulsory roll-outs for health reasons?
- Why are so many people falling ill after the installation when they are supposed to be having no impact on health?
- Who is able to see most intimate data of your daily life?
- Who is paying for the millions of dollars this roll out is costing on top of the calculated expenses?
- Who is insuring major electrical installations on your house that have not been done by a qualified electrician?
The meeting heard from Stop Smart Meter Australia representative Sonia Rutherford who detailed the adverse effects the roll-out of these meters is having and will continue to have on the community. A medical doctor also spoke addressing the effects on health in the community from the stream of harmful electromagnetic radiation. A motion was passed unanimously which in part called for a halt to the roll-out of Smart Meters and requesting support from Frankston and Peninsula Councils.
A copy of Councillor Glenn Aitken’s speech: Cr Glenn Aitken Speech at Seaford meeting