The American Academy of Environmental Medicine (AAEM) has adopted a resolution calling for a halt to wireless smart meters.

This represents the first national physician’s group to look in-depth at wireless health risks; and to advise the public and decision-makers about preventative public health actions that are necessary.

This entry was posted in health risks, Smart Meter and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to American Academy of Environmental Medicine calls for a halt to wireless smart meters

1. Gas Smart Meter now!! Or is it? Who do I trust?
    Looks like the next step is starting – received my letter today to say my Gas Meter is being changed.
    So I rang TRU energy my retailer and asked how come SP-Ausnet was sending me a letter about my gas meter, and have probably guessed it, they are my Gas Distributor – is everything run by 2 or 3 corporations???, which aren’t Australian???
    I asked TRU Energy were they coming to install a Gas Smart meter and he said “Yes” to which I replied ” Well they won’t be doing it here” He said well its they way everything is going to be.
    He then suggested that I ring SP-Ausnet, which I did.
    They told me there are no Gas Smart meters as yet, and that at this point it isn’t known if they will be the same or if in fact our gas meter and water meters will “talk/transmit” through the transmitter in our Electicity Smart Meter. I said you have got to be kidding, so you are going to fill my home with “transmissions and all the dangers that go with it”
    So now I don’t know who to believe, are they installing a new meter than can be easily converted to a smart meter if it isn’t already? Why would they change meters that are working fine but the letter states “as part of their on-going maintenance program it is necessary to periodically change gas meters. The meter at your property is now ready for replacement”

2. Ryan says:

Tom, I believe gas is going to be changed over also, as when I have rang various Authorities to lodge my objections, the auto operator when i first call has asked is my query regarding the electrical smart meter or the gas smart meter.

• Tom Oliver says:

Thanks for that Ryan, Just as I guessed! And do we have to pay for that meter also? I have sent off a 5 page letter to the Prime Minister, the Premier, various MP’s and SP AusNet, explaining my concerns, gained from this and other sites, and why I refuse to have a Smart Meter fitted. Have also padlocked my meter box, and put a perspex window on it so the meter readers can still read the meter. Don’t know what good it will all do, but I guess if enough people get on board, maybe there’s hope!

• Terry says:

That is very disturbing, Ryan, but totally predictable when you think about it. Don’t forget we also have WATER meters! If the gas and water go the same way as the electricity we will be bombarded with radiation from every which way 24/7. Is this an Orwellian nightmare or what? This crap has got to be stopped.

• Terry says:

Meant to add: That’s not to mention the total control over every aspect of our lives these devices will enable the authorities to have. This is seriously Big Brother stuff, no joke. People MUST be able to see this. Why are there not tens of thousands of signatures on the petition? Wake up out there before it is too late.

3. Tom Oliver says:

All this talk about ‘Smart’ Meters I agree with whole heartedly, but what happens if you also have Mains Gas through the same Power Company? Do they still have to send a Meter Reader out to read that, or are our Mains Gas going ‘Smart Meters’ too. And what about the Hundreds of Meter Readers that will no longer be needed? More unemployment in Victoria plus!

4. Pingback: AAEM Calls for Immediate Moratorium on Smart Meters on Health Concerns - Stop Smart Meters! (uk)

5. Alda says:

This is brilliant! Finally, someone in authority is standing up to the utility corporations in order to protect the population.
    The same thing should be done here in Victoria.

everyone should rise against this dangerous situation in which the people of Victoria has been put in.
      Let’s all stand up to the greed of the energy companies,they do not care about our health they only look at the higher profit to be made.The smart (for the company)meters should be optional not compulsory.
      Sergio Conti