Wireless warning | The Canberra Times

Dr Merrilyn Fitzpatrick’s letter on the new rule to increase use of smart meters is timely (Letters, November 29).

Of the various concerns she raises, the increasing penetration of wireless devices and saturation of the environment with electromagnetic fields is a significant public health concern.

The Oceania Radiofrequency Scientific Advisory Association has assembled a large database of scientific studies in this area, and these confirm the significant risks to public health, and the adverse biological effects of radiofrequency electromagnetic fields (see www.orsaa.org).

Of course, it is important to note that many of the so-called “no effect” findings come from industry-sponsored research studies.

Getting a smart meter refusal notice into your electricity retailer is important, particularly where utilities/retailers decide to replace functional analogue meters with smart meters under the guise of maintenance, which can occur with little or no notice.

Dr Murray May, Member ORSAA, Cook

Via: Letters to the Editor, The Canberra Times

This entry was posted in Smart Meter and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Wireless warning | The Canberra Times

1. Alan Salter says:

Thank you for a very interesting meeting last Sunday, and the showing of the Movie, ” Generation Zapped ” , rather scary for the future Generations. I had messaged you previously about my situation, I am renting a Unit in Mentone, and on the outside wall of the Main Bedroom is a Metre Box, with Four Smart Metres Inside. I have had to move out of the Main Bedroom, because I developed various Health problems, Tinnitus, Insomnia, High B/ P, and possibly more. I have contacted various people re my problem, even the Minister for Health, but they just Fob you off, and put you onto groups like, ARPANSA, I have registered my ailments with them, but that is all they do, is register them. Anyway I also contacted United Energy, the Power Supplier, who did contact me, to say that they would look into it!.. Well they did, and said that they had ” Re-Configured The Smart Metres To The Lowest Level ” . Do you have any knowledge about this?.. What all that means, will it be safe to move back into the Bedroom?.. I am just an ordinary Layman and have no knowledge about these things. Could you please advise.

Thank you Me Allen Salter.

Sent from my iPad

• Richie Hamilton says:

Allen, if the meter at your place is an i-Credit 500, then the communications module is built into the device and cannot be removed or separated. This means your meter will transmit 24/7. The only thing that can be done is to configure it to transmit at 10% capacity. In other words it transmits at full power or with 90% reduced power. Having said that I find it hard to believe that even though the communications module cannot be physically separated from the –Credit 500 device, that there would not be a software option to stop transmissions altogether.

One problem with the option of reducing the power of the transmissions is that you have no control over that process. The power company remotely configures the device to transmit with a 90% reduction in power. You have no visibility of this. And just as you have no visibility of the power company turning the power of the transmissions down, you also have no visibility of the turning of the power transmissions back up to full power. You are none the wiser. You are completely at UE’s mercy having no visibility of how they are configuring your device.l

Do you go back into the bedroom ? Well you could try and then see how your body responds. You are using your body as a testing tool. This is hardly acceptable but you don’t have a lot of options. Of course the other thing you could do is to engage the services of someone here who has an RF (radiofrequency) meter to measure the strength of the transmissions in your bedroom. Better still, buy your own device and measure what is happening in your room yourself. Then you’ll be able to ascertain whether transmission power has been turned down or turned up. You need to make the call whether you’re going to use your own body as a test guinea pig.

• Janobai Smith says:

Yes, Victorian power distributors are able to ‘turn the power down’. Theoretically, it can be turned down by 90%. However, the power distributors have also advised that they can’t guarantee this outcome (due to adaptive power control). This is borne out by the before and after radiofrequency readings that people have taken at places where this has been done; in some cases, the readings show considerable improvement, whereas in others, no improvement. And in some cases, the initial good results change over time.

Being exposed whilst sleeping to emissions from four nearby smart meters, even with the power turned down, doesn’t sound like a good idea.

Even if they weren’t smart meters and weren’t emitting radiofrequencies, they would still be emitting extremely low frequency electric and magnetic fields (which would vary with the amount of electricity being consumed). However, at least with these extremely low frequencies, the fields drop down very rapidly. So, for these fields, it would be just a matter of keeping (in particular one’s head) a couple metres away.

• Paul R says:

I know these health issues can make it feel like there is nothing you can do about it but there is hope. When I started to really suffer, I thought that ending it was the only way to go because what future was there for me, right? Out of desperation I looked around online and I found a company that sold devices that used scalar grounding to help ease the pressure on the body so that it can try to recover. I got some of the devices and they helped over the years. I also got Shungite and I can sleep properly now. I may never properly heal from the damage that was done to me completely but at least I have the tools to fight back and protect myself. Be aware that there may be some fraudsters out there that claim that something can protect you when it really doesn’t. Some products can also be expensive. However, more expensive doesn’t always mean more effective. I was lucky to find places which actually genuinely helped. I suggest you search around for products that can help you because there is no benefit in suffering while you wait for anything to be done about the problem. Just remember to wary and careful of what you buy.
      Just remember that there IS hope.

2. Veronica says:

Sorry if I’m ignorant – but I’m not quite clear on how to access a copy of the letter, assuming it’s publicly available given it being cited here. Are you able to point me in the right direction?

• Murray May says:

Veronica
      Go to the Letters to the Editor link at the base of the letter and scroll down. You will find the letter online there.
      Murray