Loretta Lynch, Former President of the California Public Utilities Commission, and one of California’s most influential Attorneys, criticised smart meters at Mountain View Wireless Summit.
Some of the points she made were:
- The science is clear: EMFs affect health, particularly the most vulnerable among us.
- Those living within 150 feet of power lines are at increased risk of serious disease
- Utilities and telecommunications companies know these facts but obtain “obscenely obsessive profits” from this technology and are in a “desperate scramble” to set regulations in stone before public awareness increases and reforms are widely demanded.
- Health and environmental costs from wireless tech are “externalized” to society at large
- At this point, we are lucky if regulators are ignorant about this issue. More often they are co-opted and corrupted.
- CPUC says “pay me and I’ll give you what you want” in secret backroom deals- a classic case of corruption and bribery, revealed in e-mails.
- CPUC has become a “rogue agency” essentially controlled by corporations
- CPUC has allowed utilities to cut corners, skip safety regulations, etc.
- A parade of former CPUC Commissioners now work for the utilities- the so-called “revolving door.”
- Utilities have entered the “big data” game and using and profiting from your private electric usage data. Protecting the privacy of our home has become harder and harder.
Full story at the USA Stop Smart Meters website