Below are the resolutions to the meeting held on the 20th July.
1. That this meeting of residents of Churchill and surrounding districts, calls on the Victorian Government to halt the ‘Smart Meter Rollout” to allow for a full investigation into community concerns.
2. That this meeting calls on the Victorian State Government to allow electricity customers the right to “OPT OUT” of the Smart meter Program. In the interim this meeting ;
Supports the right of customers to refuse installation of smart meters and to have their decision respected by the electrical distributors.
3. Calls on the five distributors to immediately cease bullying tactics as part of their State Government directed “Best Endeavours” to install meters by 2013.
4. That people who are experiencing health problems that are considered to be
caused by the installed smart meter should have the meter removed and replaced with an analogue or non wireless meter.
5. That customers who have had a smart meter installed against their wishes should have the meter removed and replaced with an analogue or non wireless meter.
6. That this meeting expresses it’s anger and concern with the ever-increasing cost of electricity bills and calls on the State Government to impose stronger regulatory control over electricity price setting.
7. The Federal Government to remove the GST from electricity and gas
8. That the Latrobe City Council be asked to support resident’s in their endeavours to protect themselves from the negatives impacts of the smart meter roll-out. This includes;
- Escalating costs
- Loss of Privacy
- Billing problems
- Safety matters
- Health issues
9. That a letter be written to Premier Baillieu requesting that as a matter of urgency he and the Minister for Energy Michael O’Brien, agree to meet with representatives of community groups concerned with the smart meter rollout to hear and discuss their concerns.
8. That this meeting agree to from an ongoing campaign committee to address the