Its time to pull together Victoria. So many of us have been fighting in our own area, now its time to ACT AS ONE.
We need everyone’s help to step up the campaign against smart meters – people are being seriously affected and their lives turned upside down, and most of the meters already installed have not been turned onto transmit yet (ie they are still being read by meter reader) which means they will not be causing these terrible health effects on people until they are – so just think whats going to happen to us when they are. DON”T WAIT UNTIL THEN, lets STOP THEM NOW so that those installed CANNOT START TRANSMITTING. You may think that by deferring your installation, that the fight is over, well it’s NOT, so please make a stand with us now.
If you heard Minister O’Brien on 3AW this morning I’m sure you would have got the same message as I did, that they have no intention of stopping the smart meters installation, because they are “too far into it” well they wouldn’t have been if they had stopped it pending the review. So we MUST ACT STRONGLY.
What can you do? Make sure you send your horror story or concerns to all the following.
- Read the article on page 15 in the Herald Sun today, Tues Nov 1st – here’s the link if you don’t have the paper http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-news/smart-meter-shock-forces-family-out/story-fn7x8me2-1226181915461
- Send in your horror story to the Sun, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please put pen to paper NOW, keep a copy and send it registered post (keep a copy of the reg post number with your copy) to The Hon. Michael O’Brien, MP Minister for Energy and Resources 1 Spring Street Melbourne VIC 3000 or at least email it through (not the same impact though – too easy to hit the delete button) michael.o’email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org Minister O’Brian’s Energy Advisor, Sarah Leslie, told Mark Florio he was the first person that she knows who has had health problems with Smart Meters. If this is true, we need to bombard her and the Minister with (Registered Mail) letters AND emails.
- “sign” our online petition at http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/stop-smartmeters-in-victoria-now.html and tell all your neighbours and friends to as well. If you don’t know how, ask a family member or friend to help you.
- Write a letter to the editor at your local paper and to the state papers (I have attached a file with lots of papers names and email addresses to help you at the end of this message)
- Go to www.stopsmartmetersau.com (our new site) and put your email address in the “subscribe” field on the right side so that you will receive all our update notifications to be informed. Tell all your friends, family and neighbours to register too.
- If you seriously want to know where you stand with your rights then you may want to make the effort to attend the following meeting. A free public meeting is held by two solicitors who are experienced in constitutional law on the last Tuesday of each month starting at 7.30pm. The venue is at the Library, 154 High Street, Ashburton (Melbourne suburb). Melways map 60 C9. Next meeting will be held on Tuesday 29th November 2011. Topics of concern can be discussed. Many people have been asking questions about smart meters – their rights with privacy, trespass, fires and health problems from the pulsed microwave radiation into the meters. Solicitors are: Darryl O’Brien and Peter Gargan.
- If you are one of the 400 members of the public who made a submission to the review, then you will know that as members of the public our submissions were not published – so if you would like yours published for others to read email it to email@example.com with a note that you are approving it to be published on our www.stopsmartmetersau.com website.
We need to get the momentum going. Also, I think some anti Michael O’Brien letters are necessary, indicating that he seems to have his head in the sand concerning the well documented health risks and as a result some places overseas are now making the meters optional etc.
I hope you realise that we have a serious fight for our rights and that there is always power in numbers. Please join with us to show Victoria we can make a difference if we stand up for our rights. Thank you in anticipation of your supportDi Bell Fighting for our Human Rights. Anti Smart Meter Alliance Attachments: Email addresses papers SMART_METERS_IN_VICTORIA_INFORMATION_AND_CONCERNS