The Green Party of California calls on [U.S.] Federal, State, and local representatives to:
1) first and foremost, apply the Precautionary Principle to the development and deployment of 5G, as a philosophical and legal lens to all innovations with the potential for causing harm and to;
2) require robust and independent scientific environmental review of 4G/5G wireless exposure and to halt FCC satellite networks on earth and in space in light of new findings on climate, pollution, and health impacts and to;
3) reduce exposures per the As Low As Reasonably Achievable principle and allow for local control over the deployment of 4G/5G and future generations of these technologies’ small cell installations and to;
4) move forward with safer alternative technologies to 5G, following the lead of other municipalities and to;
5) adopt recommendations such as those put forth by the New Hampshire Commission on 5G in its comprehensive final report citing recent science on non-ionizing radiation health and 5G environmental impacts.
Green Party of California
Issued February 1st, 2021. (Emphases and link added.)
To read the complete Green Party of California Statement on 5G Wireless Technology Environmental Oversight, go to: https://www.cagreens.org/green-party-california-statement-5g-wireless-technology-environmental-oversight
SSMA commends the Green Party of California for its exemplary policy on 5G. We challenge the Australian Greens to take a leaf out of the same book. The Precautionary Principle should be applied to the deployment of ALL wireless technology!