Legal Advice Reminder

Over the past month, with the apparent approval of the Baillieu Government, especially its Minister for Energy and Resources, Hon. Michael O’Brien, power distributors in Victoria seem to have increased their bullying tactics in forcing smart meters against the will of residents who conscientiously object.  Stop Smart Meters Australia would like to remind Victorians there is currently no legislation in place that requires any person to allow another on his or her premises to either remove an old meter or install a smart meter.  Currently the installers must use their “best endeavours” to install smart meters (Vic Govt Order in Council dated 28 Aug 2007) and rely upon a ‘deemed contract’ between supplier/user as a basis to install smart meters  (in short – this is a deeming that they can come onto property by consent to read meter re billing purposes) – not a right to install a smart meter but a right to read and bill for electricity usage only.

If you encounter threats to disconnect power supply because of your refusal to allow the installation of a smart meter on your premises, the installer/supplier simply cannot do that without being held to account.  See: http://stopsmartmeters.com.au/2012/05/08/essential-services-commission-answers-questions-on-bullying-and-threats/Victorian Essential Services Commission

Stop Smart Meters Australia strongly advises you NOT to enter into any VERBAL discussions at your door, or over the phone with power companies, DPI, or Installers – state that you will only deal with communications in writing.

And don’t forget – lock you meter box (and cut a window out so the meter can still be read).

Legal advice we have received includes: http://stopsmartmetersau.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/legal-advice-oct-2012.pdf

This entry was posted in Smart Meter and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

83 Responses to Legal Advice Reminder

1. Greetings! Very useful advice in this particular article!
    It’s the little changes which will make the most
    significant changes. Thanks a lot for sharing!

2. However, I would wait and see with this one, as it has nearly tripled since its IPO.

3. Howard Zucker, assistant director general for Health Technology and Pharmaceuticals at WHO.

4. What is the law surrounding government housing properties???

The real law is don’t shoot yourself in the foot by thinking you have to allow anybody onto your premises you are living to install a smart meter. I have advised my friend living in commission house and he has sent installers away.

5. BS says:

I am in my late sixties and I have had a visit by two very forceful, burly and frightening and rude, loud blokes who arrived at my door and later left in their shiny black unmarked van, without installing a meter, which they said they intend to install. They did not appear to show any ID and were very intimidating. They had fluro vests on and had opened the meter box and were poised with what seemed to be a meter in a cardboard box. My “Beware Asbestos” notice was lying on the floor of my front doorway and it had been stood upon. It had been apparently dislodged when they opened the meter box. With tools at their side (and a cardboard box in hand) they raised their voices and said it was going to happen it was the law and the government ordered that it be done and that that I couldn’t do anything about it. I told them I was in the middle of a computer download and I couldn’t have a power break at the moment. I was and still am quite shaken by their overbearing and threatening manner. I said I would not comment further than to say there was asbestos in the box. They denied this. I said I had advice that there was a hazard and that I would not say anything further .They said they would put me down as a refusal, but. I reminded them that I had not refused but had pointed out the asbestos hazard. They said it was not a problem for them and they had “training.” They were like gangsters and they stated emphatically that they would be back and that I could do nothing about it and they then drove off in their unmarked van taking their tools and a small cardboard box (meter container?) These men could give some elderly people a heart attack with their manner and approach. I expect they will return as threatened. This all took place inside the Victorian electorate of the now state treasurer and ex-energy minister. My memory will not lapse before the next time I visit the ballot box in the polling booth.

• Paul says:

Don’t give in. It is not law. If they threaten to cut off your power don’t worry, as it is an essential service. They cannot legally do so if you have been paying your bills. This is your contract.

6. Anon-mim-mouse says:

Has there been any progress of this Prime Ministerial letter? Or is it yet another example of a broken promise from her?

Bronco/Endeavour Hills;well done Aussie battlers I’m sick and tireds of these GESTAPO tactics used by PRIVATE Companies and Govts, time to take it up to the BASTARDS.When I’m told you can’t say NO well NO MEANS NO so to the Corporations who use FORCE just remember this EVERY ACTION will be met with a REACTION you have been WARNED!!!so in LEYMANS terms @%#$ OFF We don’t want your STUPID METERS so to THE DISHONORABLE= Energy Corps , Michael O’Brien- Liberal Party- Labour Party- State and Federal Govts you have FAILED in YOUR DUTY OF CARE to the Australian People and I consider your Actions an ACT of TREASON against the Australian People and I call every Australian to have them Dismissed immediately and Charged Accordingly- the people have spoken!!! And to those who don’t Understand; our rights are being ERODED by Fascists and NAZIS Style Propaganda Tools to ENSLAVE US: IF you don’t Stand up to OPPRESSION then you Accept it well I DO NOT- Enough I say time to fight for our FREEDOM as my Grandfathers did in WW2 in my country of birth Yugoslavia.I would like to vote for JULIAN ASSANGE for Prime Minister as all of the rest with the exception of Kevin Rudd have BETRAYED the Australian people I have a solution: NO MERCY to traitors…..As an Australian Citizen with Partisan Blood flowing through my veins I feel a Moral obligation to help defend my brothers and sisters in this the Greatest Country on Earth Australia.Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

• Rusta says:

I’ve just locked my power box, to hell with these stupid “smart Meaters” . I’ll fight till the end,

Good on you Rusta !
        More and more of us have locked our Electric Meter Boxes which we personally own and not these Liars of Foreign Owned Power Companies. You own the Analog Meter too, as do I.

Built my own house some thirty years ago and had to buy the Metal Electric Meter Box and the Analog Electric Meter and can prove it, as I have the Sales Receipts to prove it. Don’t give into these Corporate Liars who would Sell Their Own Grandmother for Two Bob, and that goes for John Brumby and his ex Victorian Minister for Power as well as all the other Victorian Ministers for Power in both the Labor and this also CORRUPT THIEVING VICTORIAN LIBERAL PARTY GOVERNMENT and its past and Present Victorian Ministers for Power such as the truly DISHONOURABLE Mr Michael O’Brien the last past Victorian Minister for Power and this present DISHONOURABLE Minister for Power Mr Nicholas Kotsiras and his Boss Dr Dennis Napthine who have been so CRUEL and STUPID as to never have shown any Duty of Care for the people of Victoria.

None of those hereby Named and Shamed have ever shown any duty of care for us Victorian Citizens Medical Health and Welfare at any time, and this of course goes for these Slimy Chief Executive Officers of the five Foreign Owned Electrical Power Companies based here in Victoria, as well as the Lying little minions in the Human Relations Department or is that the INHUMANE Department of LIES and SPIN which love to tell you lies over the ‘phone.

Refer to my NOTICE OF PROHIBITION OF UNDUE HARASSMENT OR COERCION FOR SMART METER INSTALLATION on the forum page.

• Freedom Rules says:

Great stuff Bronco of Endeavour Hills, there’s something here for everyone. Worth a read. The way things are heading at the moment, with the erosion of democracy and liberty, is nothing short of criminal and our children will be much worse off for it – Fight the Tyranny!

• Just Say No! says:

Agree freedom rules.

Notice the word “iCredit” clearly displayed on a smart meter.

Smart meters in some countries also can deny service or charge premiums to customers who exceed limits set by the company.
        The only “benefit” to be had with in-house monitoring systems will be – we won’t have to go outside to watch our iCredit …run out.
        “Darling, turn off the light, we’ve got zilch iCredit left and they wont give us more till next week.”
        “Bugger, have we got any candles then?”
        “No, this months ration of iCandles only lasted 2 weeks and they….”
        “Yeah I know… they… wont give us more till next week.”

8. Onlinedrifter says:

This increased bullying is to be expected. And it’s only going to get worse as the power companies (and installers) get closer to their deadline for installing the smart meters.

• DJ says:

When is the deadline?

DJ – supposedly end 2013. I don’t care if it’s 2020 I still wont have a Smart Meter. Just quickly looked at the Latest Post re the Film…..Scary but to the point. Will have another good look tomorrow night. My Skin itchy as hell and I just want to go to bed. Goodnite all Pam :-)

December 31st 2013.
        Then if the Victorian Government don’t get what they want, that is a 100% rool out and installation of all of these Deadly Dangerous Type 2B Carcinogen Microwave Smart Meters, then these foreign owned Electric Power Companies like SP Ausnet and CityPower and PowerCor Australia Ltd and United Energy and Jemena get SUED a by the Victorian Government for not getting the job done on time. I hope these heartless Electric Power Companies get a damn good thrashing. Lastly I hope that this CRIMINAL Victorian Government gets The BOOT ! Both the Labour Pary and the Liberal Party are useless. Perhaps the D.L.P will get rid of these Deadly Cancer Causing Meters.

• Freedom Rules says:

end of 2013.

9. Trace says:

I hear many of you ask whether you have a right to refuse a smart meter? YES YOU DO! and do not allow anyone (no matter their title) tell you other wise. No person or corporate entity or govt official has the right to enter your property WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION!!! This is in your Australian Constitution which was framed to protect the common law rights of all Australians. Penalty is $176,000 dollars – no small amount by any means.
    MAN IS ABOVE LAW. NO LAW IS ABOVE MAN.
    WE ARE THE SOVEREIGN PEOPLE OF AUSTRALIA. OUR AUSTRALIAN CONSTITUTION IS FRAMED TO PROTECT OUR COMMON LAW RIGHTS. (Something the Govt and the corporate world would rather that you do not know) This is the reason that the Australian Constitution is no longer taught in schools since 1975.

• Julie says:

So if we quote from common law rights Aust Constitution can they then cut off your power til we agree to have a smart meter? What is the legal rights of cutting off power? I’ve just got a notice to say they are installing shortly at my properties at Flowerdale and I don’t want them or pay for them either. Not even sure how much they cost in first place can’t seem to find that answer.

• Julie says:

Also forgot to add in flowerdale we don’t even get mobile reception well weak signal sometimes so how are they going to receive data of these meters at intervals? Never thought it would happen in our small town no population here to warrant them even installing due to Black Saturday no houses no rebuild.
        This is all new to me so trying to catch up on what others have done should have just found info when they first start rolling out now I have heaps of reading to do.
        Thanks

Julie, do whatever you need to do but you must protect yourself QUICKLY before they get in. At the very least you must lock your meter box and put up signs ASAP. No hesitating on this. Having done that you can then take a bit more time to make the meter readable by making a window in the box (cut slot and use perspex).

• Paul says:

I left a comment earlier. If you have been paying your bills they do not have a legal right to deprive you of power – it is an essential service. They can be sued for breach of contract. That is the deemed contract you have with the supplier.

From reading all these Comments, it seems the Power Distributors are ON THE MOVE AGAIN trying to force and harrass us into having one of these Bloody things installed. Just do what you have always done, tell them to get off YOUR PROPERTY. YOU HAVE ARIGHT TO PROTECT YOUR PROPERTY FROM THE DANGERS OF SMART METERS – YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO PRIVACY – YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO PROTECT YOUR FAMILY. FINANCIALLY ,YOU ARE SO MUCH BETTER OFF WITHOUT A SMART METER. Heaps of people I talk to haven’t even been receiving their accounts since their SMART METER was installed, others tell me their accounts have gone through the roof, since a SMART METER WAS INSTALLED – YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE IN A HEALTHY ENVIRONMENT and SMART METERS ARE NOT HEALTHY full stop. NEVER NEVER GIVE UP, STICK TO YOUR GUNS WE WILL WIN THIS FIGHT……………..PAM :-)

• Jason says:

By all means fight! Fight on any level and over any issue to do with health/privacy/civil-rights/etc.
      But if you REALLY want to stick it up them ~ and do yourself a long-term favour ~ get solar system. Gives you the option of independence and in several ways can trump any argument they come up with, because at the end of the day you can always disconnect from the grid and go stand-alone. AND if you move house it’s easy to dismantle and take with you.
      Whether you choose to go via the ‘official’ grid-connect rout or not, solar systems are very cheap these days; and any capital outlay is recovered within about three years ~ after which all your power needs are free.

It is necessary to assess your usage properly and to minimise your usage as much as practical. None of that’s difficult: just requires a bit of thought and adjusting how you do things and when. eg. my fridge and freezer run direct off the panels at the highest setting all day and a timer switches them off at night.

There are all sorts of ways to reduce power use (but not the ‘Service to property charge’), as my electricity bill shows. The “average” household like mine uses about 12kwh per day: I use about 20% of that on average (from two separate set-ups), year-round and produce an average of 8kwh….and Origin pays ME about $1600 per year. Anyone wanting to discuss such possibilities (and see copies of my power-bills!) can email dabbbles@gmail.com.

Th bottom line is, as always: Take the initiative.

I’d like to do more than just stick it up them if I could. May get in touch with you at some future stage. Only concern I have is any possible radiation/dirty electricity issues there might be with inverter.

I would like to see every single person go off the grid. And if these people were to then come back crawling with offers of analogue meters it would be deserving if they were to just rot.

I hope that going off the grid becomes the way of the world.

Eric,
          It is perfectly possible to go off the grid without resorting to Solar Power, or buying a diesel electric Generator. Going back nearly one hundred years ago some people who were very inventive were using copper tubes, that is a nest of them of around 100 to 120 copper tubes stuck vertically into the ground and filled with damp earth to act as say the anode with a suitable set up of cathodes of zinc and a plastic insulator to stop the zinc touching the sides of the inside copper. This nest of copper tubes and zinc cathodes was then joined to a Circuit in Series with the zinc cathodes and insulated copper wires which acted as a huge and very powerful battery. From here a Rectifier was installed which changed the D.C or direct current over to A.C or Alternating Current which ran the home lighting and the other essential services of the day like early American Fridges and washing machines etc. You can look it up on Google, it’s all there.

Cheers,

Richard.

11. Lets take the Power Back says:

Thank you for finding legal advice for those of us making a stand against smart meters.
    The following quote is well worth us all remembering
    QUOTE OF THE MONTH
    “Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will. Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them, and these will continue till they have been resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.”

-FREDERICK DOUGLASS (1818-1895), American social reformer, orator, writer, autobiographer (3 books), statesman, ex-slave, leader of the abolitionist movement, Women’s suffrage supporter

12. Adam says:

That is fantastic news, I have been stressing that I would get into a legal confrontation with the government when I tell the installer to get the hell off my property for a second time (as I have already refused the initial attempt). I know they will be back, but I am putting a lock on my meter box and a big sign saying stay away. Many thanks!

Adam – good on you Mate. Get the appropriate signs off this Website, especially the NO TRESSPASS SIGN THE ONE WITH THE HUGE FINE. If you can get a perspex cut-out, so you meter can be read and get that box locked asap. Good Luch Pam :-)

Adam,
      Send this below, its from the A.C.C.C in Canberra as it negates all of the constant lies from these Evil Chief Executive Officers = C.E.O’s of the Foreign Owned Electric Power Companies from PowerCor and City Power and Jemena and SP AusNet and United Energy Distribution. Just as bad are this present Corrupt and Dishonourable Liberal Party Government and the Past Dishonourable Victorian Minister for Power Mr Michael O’Brien and the present Dishonourable Victorian Minister for Power Mr Nicholas Kotsiras as well as the Past also Dishonourable Labour Government and their also corrupt Minister for Power. Please see below. Pay particular attention to the words…….YOU ARE FORBIDDEN……………etc.
      I sent it off to the following Legal A.C.C.C Notice to the following Dishonourable People some twelve (12) Months ago and they only had fourteen days in which to contact me by letter. After that time they were LEGALLY Forbidden to solicit a Microwave so-called Smart Meter ( not so smart meter really) at any time.

Here I now Name and Shame every one of them.
      Firstly Mr Shane Brehney then the C.E.O of PowerCor, and Ms Tara Cowie also of PowerCor in the Customer Relations Department or more aptly named the Department of Spin and Outright Lies. I also name and shame Mr Peter Wallace of the N.M.I attached to PowerCor as well as Mr Michael O’Brien the then Victorian Minister for power. I also name and shame the C.E.O of the Department of Primary Industry for these Microwave so-called Smart Meters Department as well. All of these people now so Named and Shamed had bullied me by telephone and letter many times and it was only after I sent the ” $1.1.000,000 Dollar NOTICE OF PROHIBITION OF UNDUE HARASSMENT OR COERCION FOR SMART METER INSTALLATION” to every one of them so named and shamed that their Bullying of me has so far CEASED !
      Send this same notice to those who are bullying and badgering you by Registered Post and keep a copy of same as I have done for Legal Purposes.

(DATE)

(INSERT OWN NAME)
      (ADDRESS)

(Insert name and
      Address of Power Distributor)

This notice is provided to _______________________________________________ and any persons, entities,
      (Insert Power distributor name and ACN no off letter you received)
      Employees, associates, corporations, sub-contractors and agents of the fore mentioned (herein referred to as Your Company).
      Notice to agent is notice to principal.

Note: This notice is provided in addition and following a NOTICE OF PROHIBITION FOR
      SMART METER INSTALLATION (date of your first letter) and NOTICE Your Company’s
      INTENTION TO DISHONOUR AND VIOLATE PROHIBITION FOR SMART METER
      INSTALLATION NOTICE (date of your letter received from Power Distributor after) served on Your Company.
      Your Company is prohibited and forbidden from communication in any manner, with the intent to solicit for the installation of a “smart meter” or meter containing wireless communication function(s) at the following (service) address: (Insert your address). Such an act is herein referred to as a PROHIBITED ACT.
      I have lawful and legal standing and claim of right to make such a demand.

Any PROHIBITED ACT will be considered an act of undue harassment or coercion with the supply or possible supply of goods or services as defined by the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (CTH) Vol. 3, Ch. 4, PT> 4-1, Div. 5 Sec. 168; such an offence carries a penalty of $1.1,000,000:00 One point one Million Dollars. If Your Company is in any way directed by the Government (State of Victoria) and State of Victoria Corporation to perform such an offence, the Government and individual members are liable under tort may in addition be held vicariously liable.
      Any PROHIBITED ACT remains prohibited unless I provide a NOTICE OF CESSATION OF PROHIBITION explicitly annulling this notice, or following a sale of property and change of property title holder for the property in question.
      A copy of this notice will also be provided for their records to (via regular mail):
      1. Customer Relations, DPI,
      2. Minister Nicholas Kotsiras, Government in the State of Victoria.

If a response to this notice containing any dispute of facts or CLAIM OF RIGHT based on lawful claim of right is not received within fourteen days from Your Company, it shall be fact that you accept as fact this notice and facts contained within, and will honour this notice; such requiring no further action on your behalf.

Sincerely

_______________ ____________________ _____________________
      (Your SIGNATURE) (Witness to your Signature) (Print Witnesses name)

13. Rach says:

What if u Wernt home and they installed it anyway and you don’t want it

Rach – LOCK YOUR BOX immediately (if you haven’t already done it) – INSTALL A PERSPEX CUT-OUT so your analogue meter can be read. Get your ‘NO TRESSPASS’ Sign up (the one with the fine) as well as all the other signs SSMA recommends (all available through this Website). We all take the chance every time we leave our homes that they will cut our locks etc etc and install a Bloody SMART METER. I personally have a Solicitor handling this for me and so far so good – they haven’t been to pester me and look out if they do. THEY HAVE TRIED TWICE AND I TOLD THEM TO LEAVE MY PROPERTY as they were Tresspassing and that I DID NOT WANT A SMART METER EVER). I have had two Articles in our Local Paper taking a Stance against SMART METERS. You must PROTECT your ANALOGUE METER AT ALL COSTS. Hope this helps you…………………Cheers Pam :-)

• Freedom Rules says:

You must then demand its removal and contact the Equal Opportunity & Human Rights Commission for advice on lodging a complaint against power company, DPI and Vic government.

Rach,
      Simply Padlock your Electric Meter box and get up your Australian Constitution Anti-Trespass Signs with the $167,000.00 Fine for treapassing, one on the Meter Box and one on the Front Fence or Gate.

If you get any more letters harassing you to accept a Deadly Microwave so-called Smart Meter write to the C.E.O of the foreign owned Electric Power Company stating politely that you refuse to accept a Microwave Type 2B Carcinogen Meter and that you will Sue this C.E.O if he or his minions keep harassing you.
      Send the following notice with the details you need to clearly type into the Legal Notice below.

(DATE)

(INSERT OWN NAME)
      (ADDRESS)

(Insert name and
      Address of Power Distributor)

(Insert Power distributor name and ACN no off letter you received)
      Notice to agent is notice to principal.

SMART METER INSTALLATION (date of your first letter) and NOTICE Your Company’s
      INTENTION TO DISHONOUR AND VIOLATE PROHIBITION FOR SMART METER
      I have lawful and legal standing and claim of right to make such a demand.

Any PROHIBITED ACT will be considered an act of undue harassment or coercion with the supply or possible supply of goods or services as defined by the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (CTH) Vol. 3, Ch. 4, PT> 4-1, Div. 5 Sec. 168; such an offence carries a penalty of $10,000,000. If Your Company is in any way directed by the Government (State of Victoria) and State of Victoria Corporation to perform such an offence, the Government and individual members are liable under tort may in addition be held vicariously liable.
      1. Customer Relations, DPI,
      2. Minister Michael O’Brien, Government in the State of Victoria.

Sincerely

_______________ ____________________ _____________________
      (Your SIGNATURE) (Witness to your Signature) (Print Witnesses name)

• Lisa says:

Just found this letter, I don’t think I have the original letters that I received from SPAusnet, would this make much of a difference to your letter Pam? I have received 4 letters, the first 3 to install, now I have received a “Required Access to Electricity Meter”, so I was going to send them another letter to stop harrassing me. A family member is now being harrassed by phone too, so they are starting to really try to intimidate people.

Thanks for this information, It will clear up a lot of confusion for those who are new to the SSMA Website. Many are still being bullied and threatened. Take notice of the information this Website provides to us and it will relieve you of a lot of Stress and Anxiety. We are a very STRONG GROUP, armed with a lot of information. It may take time, but I personally feel we will WIN THIS BATTLE IN THE END. PROTECT YOUR SAFE ANALOGUE METER and NEVER EVER ALLOW ANYONE TO REPLACE IT WITH A SMART METER…….Cheers Everyone………………PAM :-)

• Paul says:

Pam, is there a group that people can join for a possible class action?

Paul – I have been off line since 1/7 (in hospital -hip replacement) sorry just seen your questiion. Contact SSMA and they will point you in the right direction.Cheers Pam :-)

15. Kev says:

The dishonourable Michael O’Brien is in contempt and is guilty of a total dereliction of duty as minister of consumer affairs by continuing to allow the power companies and installers to break the law by using the above mentioned tactics. Please let us all demand his sacking and if this does not happen then ask the govenor to sack the lot of them.

16. Jason says:

I can hardly believe it! …Victorians with a few guts! Wonderful!

17. ingrid says:

Powercor have sent this text message to me 4 times, about once per week. I suspect it is to do with my STOP DO NOT INSTALL A SMART METER sign and locked meter box (with viewing hole). I still have to write those letters to the CEO and Energy minister etc.
    Message from Powercor:
    ” From: tcowie Msg: Please call Powercor on 1300783882 in relation to the electricity supply at (address) quote NMI- (number)” Sent from this mobile number.: 61427042684

I have not replied. If it is important or legitimate they should send a letter.
    Anyone else had this message?

Ingrid

Ingrid – I have had an SMS also but from a different person at Power Cor. My Solicitor wrote to them and a letter came back with the usual bullshit. I can’t “opt-out” but also that they can not guarantee my Health and Safety blah blah blah. They have to keep someone in a job. Don’t even bother contacting them as they will give you the same rubbish and harrass you etc etc. As you said, if it is important they should send you a letter. The last letter my Solicitor write to them hasn’t even be replied to and that was before Christmas. I think they know, we as a Group, have them up against the Wall and they don’t like it one bit. They can shove their Smart Meters up you know where..Cheers Pam :-)

• Stephnie says:

Hi Ingrid, Your quite right communication with PowerCor should be via mail only now.
      Your not alone being constantly HARASSED by these text messages from PowerCor, The inconvenience & wasting of our time having to DELETE THEM, ALL.These constant text messages are purely because you do not want a PROVEN HEALTH HAZARD stuck on your home 24/7.

Hi Stephanie,
        Please use this powerful Notice from our Commonwealth Government of Australia. I phoned Canberra some weeks ago and got the low-down on this constant bullying of Victorians to accept these now proven to be Type 2B Carcinogen Type Smart Meters,(not so smart meters) Canberra’s top Lawyers have passed for our protection the Powerful Anti Harassment Notice Below. These so-called Smart Meters are deadly so lock that Electric Meter Box and send this notice off to the C.E.O for your foreign owned Electric Power Company. Fill in the required details, and keep a copy for legal purposes and send this all on to your friends and acquaintences.

(DATE)

(INSERT OWN NAME)
        (ADDRESS)
        (Insert name and
        Address of Power Distributor)

(Insert Power distributor name and ACN no off letter you received)
        Notice to agent is notice to principal.

SMART METER INSTALLATION (date of your first letter) and NOTICE Your Company’s
        INTENTION TO DISHONOUR AND VIOLATE PROHIBITION FOR SMART METER
        I have lawful and legal standing and claim of right to make such a demand.

1. Customer Relations, DPI,
        2. Minister Michael O’Brien, Government in the State of Victoria.

Sincerely

_______________ ____________________ _____________________
        (Your SIGNATURE) (Witness to your Signature) (Print Witnesses name)

• Gwen says:

Hi Ingrid. Yes I have had the same message twice. It came after I put up a sign saying no smart meter, trespassers will be prosecuted and locked the meter box. I rang the number and told them that under no circumstances would I have a smart meter. I was told that it was compulsory. I asked if I would be arrested. Smart woman replied that I could have my power cut off. Also my name has been placed on a refusal register to be dealt with later by the Government. The woman said not many people, only a handful, had refused the meters so far. I asked her to put everything she had told me in a letter, which she agreed to do, but it’s been months and I haven’t heard anything from any one. Since then though the Prime Minister did say they would not be compulsory. We have to wait and see on that one. All the very best in this fight for our health and safety. Gwen.

• Lets take the Power Back says:

Many others have had this message – suggest you reply “STOP” which is what we can do when being sent txt messages we have not “subscribed” to. If you then receive another one – report them. Did you give them your mobile no?
      As per the info from this site DO NOT DEAL WITH POWER COMP OR THE INSTALLERS WITH “VERBAL” DISCUSSIONS – SIMPLY STATE THAT YOU WILL ONLY DEAL WITH THEM IN WRITING. People are being told things verbally that have not been put in writing anywhere. Verbal communication leaves you open to the bullying and intimidation that is occuring.

Ingrid,
      Send this below from our Head of Government in Canberra’s A.C.C.C Office, to every one of these Criminals who keep badgering and bullying you. I did and the bullying wicked little Toe Rags have so-far now ceased bullying and badgering me.

Please be sure to fill in the required details asked for in the Notice below.

Please send these notices off by Registered Post and keep copies of each for Legal Purposes as I have done !

(DATE)

(INSERT OWN NAME)
      (ADDRESS)

(Insert name and
      Address of Power Distributor)

(Insert Power distributor name and ACN no off letter you received)
      Notice to agent is notice to principal.

SMART METER INSTALLATION (date of your first letter) and NOTICE Your Company’s
      INTENTION TO DISHONOUR AND VIOLATE PROHIBITION FOR SMART METER
      I have lawful and legal standing and claim of right to make such a demand.

1. Customer Relations, DPI,
      2. Minister Michael O’Brien, Government in the State of Victoria.

Sincerely

_______________ ____________________ _____________________
      (Your SIGNATURE) (Witness to your Signature) (Print Witnesses name)

18. Don Gamble says:

I live at Sunbury, t have locked up my meter etc and sent a letter to Jemena saying “No Smart Meter ” , I got a phone call and later a lot of propaganda sent to me by post after I initially challenged why Jemena was ringing me on my unlisted phone number, I was just amazed when I read the “propaganda” they sent me — silly old me, I had actually believed I was living in a democracy ,—- I also wrote a letter to “Big Ted” , all the reply I got back from him was that “he has forwarded it on to the Ministers responsible” , and as far as the Honourable Michael O’Brien is concerned the remarks attributed to him in the Jemena propaganda are absolutely disgraceful , he needs sacking .Don Gambler

Don – I agree with you 100% – O’Brien should have been sacked ages ago. Democracy has gone to the dogs in this State. We all HAVE TO THINK SERIOUSLY HOW WE VOTE COME THE FEDERAL ELECTIONS. As far as STATE ELECTIONS GO – I DON’T TRUST ANYONE ANY MORE. They are all tarred with the same brush. Someone put them into Power and Everyone can put them out. Every time I go through the Comments there are a lot of new names, so SSMA is getting the message across. With patience and persistence we will win this battle, as long as we do what SSMA tells us to do. We have to stick together – safety in numbers……Tell all your friends and relations about this Website…………Cheers Pam :-)

Sacking ????

I can tell you what he really needs.

Dear Don,
      We need to sack this Victorian Minister for Power and big Ted Baillieu. These two creeps only want us to accept these now proven to be by the World Health Organization Type 2B Deadly Microwave Meters as it will give them Oodles of CASH or FIlthy LUCRE. These damned Incendiary meters are wrecking peoples health and wrecking in may cases a number of peoples’ electrical goods. These C.E.O’s of the Electric Power Companies in Victoria as well as Mr Michel O’Brien the present Minister for Power and Big Ted Baillieu all need to be INSTANTLY SACKED as they have shown no Duty of Care for our Health or Well Being by trying to force these now proven to be Sickness Causing Smart Meters ( read here Deadly Microwave Meters on Victorian.
      Send this notice below to Mr Michael O’Brien and the C.E.O of the Electric Power Company for your area. Send it registered post and keep a copy for Legal Purposes. Please fill out the required details asked for in this notice below…….
      (DATE)

(INSERT OWN NAME)
      (ADDRESS)
      (Insert name and
      Address of Power Distributor)

(Insert Power distributor name and ACN no off letter you received)
      Notice to agent is notice to principal.

SMART METER INSTALLATION (date of your first letter) and NOTICE Your Company’s
      INTENTION TO DISHONOUR AND VIOLATE PROHIBITION FOR SMART METER
      I have lawful and legal standing and claim of right to make such a demand.

1. Customer Relations, DPI,
      2. Minister Michael O’Brien, Government in the State of Victoria.

Sincerely

_______________ ____________________ _____________________
      (Your SIGNATURE) (Witness to your Signature) (Print Witnesses name)

• ingrid says:

Hi. Is this letter also on the ‘actions you can take’ page with the other sample letters. Any chance you could organise this? Makes it easier for people to find al the suggested letters and actions if on one page. Thanks for sharing your letters too. ingrid

• Lets take the Power Back says:

Yes Don there is a lot of propaganda out there. It’s interesting that the Power Comps are now quoting the Ministers statement from the Media – but it is only that – “a statement” so one must ask, IF A MINISTER STATES SOMETHING IN THE MEDIA, DOES THAT MAKE IT LAW?????. Answer, not according to the information on how laws are made in our State.
      Re “living in a democracy” – thats what we all thought. However I think they may have done us a favour – so many of us were “she’ll be right mate” Aussies who trusted our elected Govt members to do the “right thing” by us, but things have changed since Australia became the “Commonwealth of Australia Corporation” behind the scenes. Now more and more people are “waking up” – the aim is to get enough to “wake up” before it’s too late. Stand up for what you believe in everyone.

19. DJ says:

How do I stand now, I have received today a DISRUPTION TO ELECTRICITY SUPPLY notice supposedly for ELECTRICITY METER SAMPLE TESTING. The letter states.. At Jemena Ltd we are committed to continually improving the service we provide to our customers. As part of our commitment, your electricity meter has been randomly chosen for testing for accuracy, as required by the Victorian Government-Victorian Electricity Supply Industry Metrology Procedure http://www.esc.vic.gov.au. etc etc.This will be United Energys third attempt to enter my property. I have no fence but I do have no tresspass signs and my meter box is locked. Is this their loophole, I don’t want to give up on this fight… any suggestions?

DJ – I was told by my Energy Provider (Energy Australia) that if I get too many Estimated accounts (had l so far). I have to make an appointment with Power Cor for them to come and read my Meter at a cost of around $40.00. My Meter can easily be read and was with my recent account (which was Down on the last account). Haven’t heard of this particular “PRANK” though. I would suggest you send an Email to SSMA and enclose a copy of the partiucular letter and see what they can suggest. Do they give dates??? If so just make sure you are home and if necessary make an appointment with them. Anyone else had a letter like this????? DJ DON’T GIVE UP YOU FIGHT EVER. Let us know how you get on. I will kjeep checking this particular POST………………Pam :-)

• ingrid says:

I think Pam might know the answer. :-)

But could you say ok, let’s make a time for the test.
      Get a reference number for the call you make about booking a time, better still, do it all in writing.
      Be there with another witness while they test it?

Also, maybe ring Jemena anonymously, try or the ETU, Electrical Trade Union (not sure of name) and ask if someone can tell you briefly what’s involved in a test and how long it takes. You have a right to know. Then you can make an informed decision whether to book an appointment with them.

( Then write a nice clear note about the appointment, include the reference number and stick it right over the meter box, take a photo. So they can’t say – Oh, der, our contractors made a mistake, they got some instructions to attend to the meter here and der, whoops, they came on the wrong day and put in a smart meter. Gee, too late now.)

Ingrid – I have never heard of testing AN ANNAOLGUE METER, that is why I think DJ should contact SSMA and yes I agree with what you have added. By God we just can’t trust anyone. I have never deleted the messages I have received by text (may need them in the future.). I have developed the biggest RASH on my hands and arms it is driving me nuts. Doctor gave me antyihistimines and cortisone and it is as itchy as hell. The latest post may give me more info – I will check it tonite. I am surrounded by the bloody things and the weather has been hot and sticky which doesn’t help skin problems. Goiod Luck everyone……Cheers Pam :-)

DJ, I would think that you keep your meter box locked and you contact Jemena telling them that if as part of their “accuracy testing” they have any intention whatsoever of replacing your meter with a smart meter then they may not go ahead and will not be given access. If there is any claim that this accuracy testing is not related to smart meter agenda, I would make sure that such claim is provided in writing before you allow them anywhere near your residence. And DJ, if Jemena are committed to the government mandate to roll out smart meters, why on earth would they be interested in the accuracy of your analogue meter ? Sounds like Jemena is setting you up. It may be worth doing a search for accuracy testing on the appropriate Metrology Procedure document, maybe DPI could direct you if you were fortunate enough to get someone decent on the phone. Just tread very warily DJ.

DJ.
      Your No Trespass sign Legally bars them from entering your property. They don’t need to test your Analog meter, it’s just a wicked and illegal ploy to steal the meter and put in the Deadly Microwave not so Smart Meter which is a Type 2B Carcinogen Meter as the World Health Organisation and other top Medical Clinicians are now finding out is FACT !

20. Jan Purcell says:

I would like to know why some area’s like toorack etc have the hard wire smart meters that cost more and are safe,where as seaford,frankston etc working class area’s have the cheaper brand that are made in china and india,and is the soft wire smart meter,that is making people sick,why could’nt we all have the hard wire the dearer one,that is safer,that is discrimination,are they trying to get rid of the working class,in uk they have a choice ,some countrys have even band them.jan purcell seaford janprcll8@gmail.com

• ingrid says:

Good question. And I’m shocked. You even get to use the word Incensed here.
      Have you got time to write to the Energy Minister to ask about this? What about the Health Minister.

Ingrid and Jan – You could try but you will get nowhere. Your letter will go in File 13 or a reply full of bullshit (excuse the French). Maybe A CURRENT AFFAIR would be the way to go. They are always looking for unusual Articles. Good Luck .Pam :-)

HI Jan,
      There is no soft wired Smart Meter/s these would be Microwave so-called Smart Meters which are not smart in any way at all but have now proven to be Type 2B Carcionogen Meters by the World Health Organizations in every country of the world. Even hard wired so-called Smart Meters are dumb and stupid and strictly Illegal as they just like these idiotic Microwave Meters are Telephone and Spying Devices which need a Court Order Letter from a Judge which is next to impossible to obtain.

The so-called Smart Meter is simply a device to rip even more money out Victorians’ Cash Strapped Pockets. Just lock your Electric Meter Box with an Industrial Padlock and get up your Anti Trespass $167,000.00 Signs by the Australian Constitution and send the Legal Anti-Harassment Notice below to …….Mr Michael O’Brien and the C.E.O of the Electric Power Company for your area, and another to the boss of the D.P.I Smart Meters Section. Send all of these notices by Registered Mail and fill in the details asked for in this $10,000,000.00 Anti-Harassment Notice. Keep copies of all these notices for Legal Purposes and advise your Lawyer what you have done. Notice is below this line…….

(DATE)

(INSERT OWN NAME)
      (ADDRESS)
      (Insert name and
      Address of Power Distributor)

(Insert Power distributor name and ACN no off letter you received)
      Notice to agent is notice to principal.

SMART METER INSTALLATION (date of your first letter) and NOTICE Your Company’s
      INTENTION TO DISHONOUR AND VIOLATE PROHIBITION FOR SMART METER
      I have lawful and legal standing and claim of right to make such a demand.

1. Customer Relations, DPI,
      2. Minister Michael O’Brien, Government in the State of Victoria.

Sincerely

_______________ ____________________ _____________________
      (Your SIGNATURE) (Witness to your Signature) (Print Witnesses name)

21. Deanna Cooper says:

Thanks for this information I have followed your advice and have also contacted my local MP who is trying to defer the installation. I have had three letter from SP Ausnet and spoken twice to them and they threaten me all the time but I don’t give in. Best wishes Deanna Cooper

• Sharron says:

Very good work, Deanna!

Deanne Cooper,
      Firstly get a stout padlock on your Electric Meter Box, then put up the Legal Commonwealth of Australia $167,000:00 Dollar Fine Notices on A4 paper and laminate them, one on the Meter Box and one on the Front Fence or Gate. Affix them firmly against Theft and wind and rain.

22. Kate says:

Thankyou for this. We have received another letter stating they would be visiting to install in our area over the next 2 weeks (starting Wednesday). I have already entered written communication (the Service Stream, to United Energy and to the Minister). I locked my meter box and put up no trespass signs. Through all of this I recieved a letter back from the DPI, with the usual response that others have been getting, I suspect.
    Do you advise that I go through sending off notification again for this round of installations? Or has what I’ve done from the last round been enough?
    Regards,
    Kate.

• Informed Choice says:

Kate, just keep those anti-trespass signs up and they will know that you still refuse.

Kate,
        Firstly get your Electric Meter Box Padlocked with a Stout Padlock and then get your Anti- Trespass Signs up in that order……..FIRSTLY PADLOCK THE BOX. Signs alone are not of any use. as these blighters often Tear them up IN A RAGE like Naughty Fractious Children. If the Box is locked there is no point in damaging the Anti-Trespass Signs.

To ever tear up these Signs is not only Illegal but CRIMINAL and could impose a PRISON SENTENCE against these offenders.

23. Gabrielle Walker says:

Received a letter from SP Ausnet on the 12th Feb.” It states that there is much debate about EMF radiation and its effects. It is important to separate the debate around devices that continually transmit higher levels (such as mobile phones), and devices that emit transmit infrequent lower levels(such as a smart meter). SP Ausnet smart meter’s is only active 4 times a day for about 10 seconds at a time. The rest of the time the signal is doemant and does not transmit. This means any radiofrequency exposure is limited to about 40 seconds a day.” . “EMC technologies tests also found that the electromagnetic 50Hz emitted from a smart meter is actually lower that existing analogue meter and many others devices, including your vacuum cleaner or microwave, reporting that AMI meters are actually a good way to reduce 50Hz exposure”. ” It is important that you are aware or the relationship you have with us, and your rights and obligations with respect to, the connection of your premise to our electricity network.”
    The letter goes on to state SP AusNet is required to replace the old meter and instal a smart meter at your premesis. The current meter is the property of SP AusNEt and as such we are entitled to replace it.
    When the meter installer came to fit a smart meter, the box was locked with a window and signs visible.Thet attempted to discuss my concerns with me. Told me that my electricity would cost me more and drove off tooting the car horn! Had an estimate bill in September. Then another has just arrived for December as well as an adjustment of hundreds of dollars for the September bill. Is this the increased cost that was threatened by the installer. How does one know?

• ingrid says:

Sounds like a case for the ombudsman hey.
      The meter reader has clear access to read the meter so they should read it, you have met your obligations.
      There is a number on the meter (id no) I wrote this under the perspex window. When I was a meter reader, sometimes we had to check this number. So that’s one less excuse for them not reading it.

If they give an estimated reading there should be a reason for this written on your bill. Like – locked gate, dog in yard etc.

If you’re good at maths you can do your own reading. Get your previous bill and subtract that reading from the new one. Multiply the cost per kw by the amount of units used. Even if you are a week out, that would not amount to a lot of dollars. Then when you go to pay the estimated bill, just pay what you have worked out. I have done this before.

But – I can’t see why the meter reader wouldn’t do a reading because it keeps them in a job. Jemena might have told the meter reader company to write a notation on the meter readers hand held recording unit. Like simply – do not read this meter. The MR just has to follow the instruction without question. Worse, the MR might have done a reading and Jemena over rode it in their billing office. All of these things could be checked by the Ombudsman as they are all recorded. So threaten them with an Ombudsman audit.

Gabrielle,

what does it tell you about the type of people that come to your house, the level of respectability that one should afford to such people and the credibility level of both them and the people that send them when they leave your house tooting the horn at you ?

To me it says they are vermin and I will use my own brand of insecticide upon them.

Gabrielle, on this site’s “forum” we have heard of installers that were sent from the same company SP Ausnet who when leaving a property actually called the owner a “dickhead” because that man who was only interested in protecting the well being of his family refused installation and threatened to call the police. The same company Gabrielle.

Well I can think of some good names for what I think the initials SP could really stand for (St..pd Pr..k)

Reminds me now of the refrigerator repairman (of similar ethnicity to some of the smart meter installers) who came to my place just recently and replaced my fan motor. I found that fridge was noiser than usual and when I investigated and dismantled the fridge I found that a non genuine part had been installed. What’s more after investigating, I found that I had been deliberatly been falsely quoted an excessively price amount for a genuine part. I rang the repairman and asked whether the fan motor was a genuine part. He told me it was. I told him that actually it wasn’t and that he was to come and take his part and give me back my money or I would see him in court. That’s exactly what happened although he had the gall to ask for some money to come out even though he advertised as “no call out fee” (and had been in the wrong anyway). He also sms’d me so I could sms him my account details so he could “transfer the money” back to my account even though I paid him cash. The smart meter installers are like this, they don’t think twice to look you in the face lie through their teeth. They have no respect to you whatsoever and what should be affored to them is the same ie. NONE

And if anyone wants to know this guy’s license no. I’ll be happy to pass on those details

Gabriel,
      SP AusNet are telling you a litany of LIES, these Blighers couldn’t even lie straight in bed.
      This Victorian Liberal party just like the last Victorian Labour Party is also telling you Lies They are all LIARS.

Most of the C.E.O’s and especially their minions in the Customer Relations Department of these foreign owned Electric Power Companies haven’t a clue on Physics and Maths and are so STUPID they can’t tell you the product of Amps multiplied by Volts is, that’s how stupid they are. They can’t even do Algebra properly or even build an electric generator or even a simple electric motor as we learnt to do in in Physics Classes at Technical School. Keep that Electric Meter Box on your property PADLOCKED at all times.

Send me an Email if you like ……. rvimana@vic.chariot.net.au

Cheers,

Vimana Man

24. Judy Colyer says:

I have not given permission for a smart meter to be installed on my property due to health concerns. I have written to Julia Gillard regarding smart meters and the fact that she intends to rollout Smart Meters to the whole of Australia – presumably as she stated “to save householders money.” on their electricity costs I advised her that smart meter costs have escalated and that I ask her not to rollout smart meters in all States. Her response is “she does intend to rollout smart meters for all Australian states however this will not be compulsory for householders. I have a copy of her letter. So why is the Victorian Government continuing to install smart meters against the wishes of the Victorian residents??

• ingrid says:

That’s very interesting. Are you able to scan that letter and post it on this site? (without your personal details on it)

• Paul & Di McMahon says:

Hi Judy
      As Pam said, this letter would be very interesting to see. The words ” however this will not be compulsory for householders” from the Prime Minister, would be a sight for sore eyes and hopefully put to rest any further undue harassment and subversive coercion that these corporations are perpetrating on all of us decent, law abiding Aussie battlers out there. We have the RIGHT to say “NO”!!!

• Terry Trezise says:

Hi Judy/Pam
        I have a copy of a clip from TV, showing the Prime Minister saying that it would not be compulsory to have Smart Meters installed

Terry,
          Please email it to every Dopey C.E.O of these foreign owned electric power Companies here in Victoria and to Mr Nicholas Kotsiras and his boss the Animal Vet Dr Dennis Napthine as well. All of these Microwave so-called Smart Meter Installations on Victorian private home and small business properties is actually an Illegal Telephone Tapping Device and is ILLEGAL in the first place.

Write to every one of these Nefarious C.E.O’s as I have and to this truly Dishonourable Minister For Power Mr Nicholas Kotsiras and get Stuck Into all of them, for they are Cruel and totally Immoral people in forcing these FILTHY AND DEADLY Microwave so-called Smart Meters onto people. These so-called Smart Meters are also Incendiary Devices as well, in many and now mounting numbers of cases as well as proving to be Deadly to not only Humans but to all Life on Planet Earth.

• Paul says:

Please post a copy of this letter on this site. There are many who can use it.